Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Huddersfield vs Charlton (28/8/10) - Match Thread

WSSWSS
edited August 2010 in General Charlton
All confirmed teams etc...

Comments

• I think the teams are Huddersfield and Charlton - still waiting for official confirmation though.
  • I'd take a point today
  • Worner in goal as Elliot has a bad back.
  • worner in goal !!!!!your kidding me!!
  • [cite]Posted By: uie2[/cite]worner in goal !!!!!your kidding me!!
    Ross Worner will be in goal for the Addicks this afternoon with Rob Elliot troubled by a back problem (GH)
    less than a minute ago via TweetDeck

Gough on the bench then I guess.
  • edited August 2010
    Oh shit. If we play:

Worner
    Solly Francis Dailly Doherty Llera Fry Jackson
    Semedo McCormack
    Sodje

That might keep a clean sheet
  • [cite]Posted By: oohahhmortimer[/cite]Worner in goal as Elliot has a bad back.
    Well at least we might keep a clean sheet.
  • lol yeah that mite work!!
  • edited August 2010
    Charlton: Worner; Francis, Jackson, Dailly, Doherty; Wagstaff, Semedo, McCormack, Reid; Martin, Abbott (GH)

Subs: Elliot, Llera, Fry, Mambo, Racon, Sodje, Tuna (GH)
  • edited August 2010
    At least Elliot is the only injury, there was talk about Reid being injured as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2010
    Why does my name appear as oohaahmortimer in your quote WSS??
  • Predicts a Huddersfield win. :(
  • Elliot has a problem with a back spasm so is on the bench as Worner debuts. Chris Solly is out with an ankle problem (GH)

Solly injured as well
  • So why the hell is Elliot on the bench? What happens if Worner gets injured or sent off?

If he's good enough to be on the bench he should be good enough to start.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]So why the hell is Elliot on the bench? What happens if Worner gets injured or sent off?

If he's good enough to be on the bench he should be good enough to start.
    Maybe it happened in the last few hours
  • im still sticking with 4-3 to the addicks
  • I'm guessing Gough travelled with Under 18's and maybe Elliot got a bad back on the coach up to Udders?
  • Lol WSS ......
    Oh what a loss robbie will be , I don't know how we survived without him at the back end of last season :-)
  • Saw Worner in a training session at the Valley. Hope he proves that my current state of panic is unfounded.
  • We survived without Eliot as we had Randoph, who if anything was better. Worner is an average non league keeper who was very cheap, I expect a very tough game
  • Sponsored links:

• The sqaud have pulled out a few suprises so far maybe they could do it again (i don't think so but.. ;() and is there any radio stations that are broadcasting the game? thanks
  • Oh shutup guys for gods sake!Get behind the lad and stop writing him off, im sick and tired of people on here writing players off before they have even seen them play!!!!Come on Rossy boy do the business son!
  • Feeling a litle bit funny about this one...

Come on boys...

and the teams have been confirmed Huddersfield Vs Charlton...
  • he seemed a confident and adept goalie when i saw him
  • I saw him at Shrewsbury, and I have seen him in training, I am not writing him off, I just think with him between the sticks we can't afford a slip from the defence, as Rhodes etc. will capitalise more than the Shrews did. I hope he'll step up, but I do think we will be more nervous as a team with him in goal
  • Why?Robbie Elliott is really not that special!As Randolph proved when he stepped in at the end of last season. Elliotts kicking is poor to, which would have put pressure on us today as well!
  • listening to hudders commentary as usual cafctv commentary might happen at the last minute before ko
  • at least in Dailly and Doc we probably have the most experienced pairing of centre backs in the whole league.

come on Ross, do us proud!
  • [cite]Posted By: sam3110[/cite]I saw him at Shrewsbury, and I have seen him in training, I am not writing him off, I just think with him between the sticks we can't afford a slip from the defence, as Rhodes etc. will capitalise more than the Shrews did. I hope he'll step up, but I do think we will be more nervous as a team with him in goal
    Doherty and Dailly in front of him should make a big difference. Against Shrewsbury he had Mambo and Llera.
  • Worners big moment, waited for years for a chance at a league debut and now he gets it.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!