Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

chumpions' league draw

Jesus Christ - have you ever seen anything as interminable?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Cringey beyond belief

Fat Orange Donny Osmond and now Gary Lineker . . .christ.

'Wafer'
  • I'm trying to figure out who/when Rangers will play in their last group game so I can book flights - almost impossible !!
  • The money that this corporate schmooze fest has cost this afternoon could probably sort out the finances of most clubs in the red in football.

Absolute gravy train and glad our club will have nothing to do with it. More of a mickey mouse cup nowdays than the JPT.

So much that is off putting about modern football to old school fans of the game is on show afrom the w@nk fodder presenting it to the bloated fat cats struggling to find the energy to applause each sycophantic exchange.
  • edited August 2010
    EDIT ; I was looking at last years draw , i thought they played them last year. lol
  • edited August 2010
    Put spurs in with Roma and Munich please!
  • I'd prefer AC Milan and Real Madrid.
  • [cite]Posted By: S_E_7[/cite]Se9 - i think its seville on december the ninth.

That's actually the one I went to last year !!! I want to go to the last away game again this season but I'm not sure if I can figure it out :-(
  • Man Utd and Rangers!!
  • Lol, inter and bremen, spurs gonna get owned.
  • United v Rangers!

The Glasgow Old Bill will be on red alert.
  • Sponsored links:

• Spurs have W.Bremen, Inter and Rubin Kazan, they'll do well to get 3rd.
  • edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: siblers[/cite]Spurs have W.Bremen, Inter and Rubin Kazan, they'll do well to get 3rd.

Spurs got Inter, Bremen and FC Twente.
    Inter will murder them but i think Spurs can beat the other 2 at home. Not sure about away though.
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]United v Rangers!

The Glasgow Old Bill will be on red alert.

So will Manchester as well i imagine after what Rangers did there after the UEFA Cup final.
  • that went on and on. so boring. whats wrong with the FA Cup draw format? Much more enjoyable.

I really am increasingly turned off by a lot of football. The Champions League is supposed to the best most exciting stuff, yet it bores the pants off me. I watch some of it for the sake of it but some of it is so boring I would much rather watch a league cup match or whatever else when theyre on on the same night. and the premier league is the same. I am so bored of watching f*cking liverpool and united and chelsea. Liverpool especially are always so f*cking dire to watch! IMO the best competition in the world is the football league play offs.

Obviously I was at the game with a slightly vested interest, but I doubt Sky or ITV or anybody else showed or much more exciting or gripping game throughout the whole of last season than that second leg against Swindon at the Valley. There certainly wasn't one at the World Cup. Real players, real supporters = real football.
  • The group phase is a waste of time. Bring back the old European Cup knock-out format.
  • Can't see Inter being quite the same standard under Benitez as they were under Mourinho. No idea what Bremen or Twente will be like.
  • Jesus i forgot what a total bunch of knob heads Spurs fans are.!! on the train tonite ----Spurs knob talking about them geting to the final !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and then saying he cant understand why people dont like Spurs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Well, that was a busy evening...

Return flights to Bremen and hotel for 2 nights = £120.
    Return flights to Milan and hotel for 2 nights = £165.
    Tickets are already sorted. Just hope my plane journey's are better than what I experienced on the way to 'Dam for the UEFA Cup 1/4 Final in Eindhoven a few years ago.

With my kippah on, we'll get torn a new one away from home if HR goes with 4-4-2. Whether the team is capable of playing anything else remains to be seen. At home, well we'll score goals...just depends how many we concede...and that very much depends on whether HR picks at the back. Will be a massive achievement to get through in second place.

Just glad we're not in Group G lol. Christ, we might as well not even have bothered playing in the group games!
  • [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: S_E_7[/cite]Se9 - i think its seville on december the ninth.

That's actually the one I went to last year !!! I want to go to the last away game again this season but I'm not sure if I can figure it out :-(

Bursaspor... have fun!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: LawrieAbrahams[/cite]The group phase is a waste of time. Bring back the old European Cup knock-out format.[/quote]

definitely, and only have league champions in it
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LawrieAbrahams[/cite]The group phase is a waste of time. Bring back the old European Cup knock-out format.

definitely, and only have league champions in it

I'd agree with the knock out format but it'd be very boring with just league champions in it and the early rounds would be a non event as Barcelona and Chelsea destroy some no hopers from Finland or Latvia.
    This year you'd be without at least Man Utd, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Arsenal, Lyon, Roma and Ajax.
  • edited August 2010
    "This year you'd be without at least Man Utd, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Arsenal, Lyon, Roma and Ajax."

That's no real loss if you ask me. They finished runners-up to their domestic champions so they should rightly be in the UEFA Cup. I would also not seed any of the teams, so that the first round could match up the big boys and one of them go out in September.

It'll never happen though. The current knock out stages are guaranteed to match up the top European sides (even if not strickly speaking those that had the best season the year before) just a few games from the final, and that is where the real TV interest comes from.

The group stages are only really of any interest to the fans of the clubs taking part, but as that's those that get the greatest TV audiences for all other competitions, it works out nicely for the likes of ITV and Sky, and I suspect their peers across Europe and the world. Ironically I would imagine that the TV companies are disappointed that Spurs have taken Liverpool's place as, let's face it, Spurs are nothing like as big a club as Liverpool, and have significantly less fans around the country that will tune in, never mind Europe, where Liverpool are regarded, by some, as one of the Great European clubs.
  • Is nobody on here happy for JohnBoy & his European Tour ?
  • [cite]Posted By: kings hill addick[/cite]"This year you'd be without at least Man Utd, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Arsenal, Lyon, Roma and Ajax."

That's no real loss if you ask me. They finished runners-up to their domestic champions so they should rightly be in the UEFA Cup. I would also not seed any of the teams, so that the first round could match up the big boys and one of them go out in September.

But every year you'd pretty much guarantee the winner would be whoever won the Spanish, English, German or Italian league. Yes you could say the winner comes from those countries now but you don't know which club.

And the argument that the CL only makes the big clubs richer would extend even further if it was just one side from each country in it. Inter, Chelsea, Bayern and Barca would be getting even richer from their CL money and whereas as it's hard now for clubs to break into the top 4 of their national leagues, imagine how hard it would be for clubs not in the CL to try and win their league.

Having said all that though, the last 3 winners of the CL have all been their national champions.