Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Q & A with Christian Dailly and Gary Doherty - 14/9/10

edited August 2010 in General Charlton
The fans forum have organised a q&a with Christian Dailly, Gary Doherty and Carl Jenkinson. This will take place on Tuesday September 14th at The Valley with a 7:30pm start. The event is all ticket. Tickets are free and can be obtained by contacting the club or from the Valley gold window prior to the JPT game vs Dagenham.

These events take alot of organisation, so if you're free that night please come along. Tickets are free.

Comments

• Options
    Oh you are still about then

what you going to do about the smoking in the other thread

will try to get to this as i think Daily is the nutts
  • Options
    Well done.

i am just going to look at a venue in the city tonight, to organise a City Addicks and was hoping to get CD. But you beat me to it!! But well done tho.

Good guests tho i've no idea who Jenkinson is.
  • Options
    Glad to hear the Fans Forum are still active.

Free tickets as well.

Heard Dailly speak and he's good. Don't know about the others.

Curb-It, Jenkinson is too young, even for you ; - )
  • Options
    As luck would have it, I'm holidaying in the south east that weekend so it will provide a reare opportunity for me to get to one of these events. as long as I can convince the Missus to give up an evening of her holiday, I'll be there.
  • Options
    Yeah we're still active, just. I've relocated to Birmingham following the end of my degree so have been trying to organise things from a distance. We hope to have more events announced in due course.
  • Options
    "As luck would have it, I'm holidaying in the south east that weekend so it will provide a reare opportunity for me to get to one of these events. as long as I can convince the Missus to give up an evening of her holiday, I'll be there."

A good test to gauge how much she loves you!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]A good test to gauge how much she loves you!

Well, I wouldn't like to say how much, but obviously enough cos she's agreed to go!

Anyone know any good restaurants/pubs in Greenwich or walking distance of the Valley I can take her to to sweeten the pill?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]

Well, I wouldn't like to say how much, but obviously enough cos she's agreed to go!

Anyone know any good restaurants/pubs in Greenwich or walking distance of the Valley I can take her to to sweeten the pill?

The Vanburgh Tavern by Maze Hill station is nice.
  • Options
    I have been informed by Wendy Perfect of a date change to this event. The Q & A will now take place on TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 14TH AT 7:30PM. And not on Thursday 16th as previously advertised.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]

This should win her over.

Old Brewery

Oh ballssssss i cant do 14th. Luckily for christian.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Praps put the date in the heading to help advertise it.
  • Options
    Tuesday is better for me
  • Options
    Could someone ask super Dailly a question in my obvious absence please?

"Christian, how does it feel to be treated as a hero by Millwall fans?"
  • Options
    Cheers Hardy and Curb_It, both look nice - guess I'd better let the Missus choose though!
  • Options
    How is it going with the tickets for this event??
  • Options
    The last update i had was that approximately 30 tickets had been ordered for this event.
  • Options
    30 tickets? 30 tickets?
  • Options
    oh dear
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]oh dear

Give them a chance.

We'd expect to get 60 or 70 for this at Bromley but that's without having to get a ticket in advance and years of doing it. Wait and see how many are collected tomorrow when there will be a much bigger gate than v D & R.

Not been many of those meetings in Greenwich or Bexley for a while and it takes time to build them up again.
  • Options
    but do people know they can collect the tickets tomorrow??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]but do people know they can collect the tickets tomorrow??

quite possibly not. Maybe someone could remind #cafc twitter to give it a plug.

Any way much better if "only" 50 people. More intimate (not in that way Curb-it, calm down).
  • Options
    Now a reminder story on the OS and on Twitter.

Coincidence? I don't think so ; - )

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=36596
  • Options
    It is coincidence. We were waiting on whether Christian would be able to make it before doing further publicity online. We won't get and never have got huge audiences for these kinds of meetings at The Valley - 100 would be good, 50 not unusual. I remember doing a meeting with Curbs as manager at which less than 100 turned up.
  • Options
    How did the tickets go on saturday?
  • Options
    We'd done over 50 tickets after the game. We've done a few more since.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]How did the tickets go on saturday?

over 60 gone. More available on the night.

50 to 70 would be decent IMHO given the lack of regular meetings in Greenwich in recent years.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

50 to 70 would be decent IMHO given the lack of regular meetings in Greenwich in recent years.

Well i think it is embarrassingly awful, particularly as there will be no shows out of that lot.

This is an event at The Valley with two of our main players.

Perhaps we have been spoilt by these events over the years, but i doubt you would find another night at another club that didn't attract 200+ plus and give it the credibility it deserves.

The is a HUGE malaise surrounding out club at the moment, and supporters seem to be losing both enjoyment and interest in it at an alarming rate IMO. I think people should be genuinely worried.
  • Options
    this site has even organised a poker night for same day! So can people just turn up on night?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Well i think it is embarrassingly awful, particularly as there will be no shows out of that lot.

This is an event at The Valley with two of our main players.

Perhaps we have been spoilt by these events over the years, but i doubt you would find another night at another club that didn't attract 200+ plus and give it the credibility it deserves.

The is a HUGE malaise surrounding out club at the moment, and supporters seem to be losing both enjoyment and interest in it at an alarming rate IMO. I think people should be genuinely worried.

That is certainly a factor but I think it's also that people either don't know about the meeting or are unfamiliar with going to such events after such a long time without them.

I also don't think the Valley is such a great venue but that is another matter.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]this site has even organised a poker night for same day! So can people just turn up on night?

As far as I know, yes. There are loads of tickets left.