Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scotland Squad

So if David Weir is still in at 40, why not Dailly??

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]So if David Weir is still in at 40, why not Dailly??

Because one plays for the best team in his country and plays European football and one plays against the likes of Bournemouth and Orient.

To be honest though, it sums up Scottish football that they have to rely on a 40 year old defender!
  • Options
    Probably because he is playing and is club captain of a Champions League club like Rangers instead of league one.
  • Options
    Actually think the scotland squad is looking better and better.

Some decent youngsters coming through, Adam/Dorrans/Berra/McCormack/Fletcher with the likes of Wilson, Forrest and Fleck behind them. Goalkeeper's are very strong as well. Shame to see Gary Kenneth dropped, I'd kill myself if Broadfoot got into any squad ahead of me.

Weir will bring experience for the youngsters, hopefully he can help Berra who has ability but makes mistakes.

God know's how Iwelumo has been given another chance.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]
    God know's how Iwelumo has been given another chance.

One howler doesn't make you a bad player. I know that miss was almost beyond belief, but to never give him a chance again because of that is mightily harsh.

Scored 2 goals for Burnley already.

EDIT: To be fair, I don't have great knowledge of what other options Scotland have available. Take the above comment back if there are far better players!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]One howler doesn't make you a bad player. I know that miss was almost beyond belief, but to never give him a chance again because of that is mightily harsh.

I guess. I doubt he'll start though, Miller and Boyd will probably be ahead of him, and Stephen Fletcher when he's fit. I felt really sorry for Iwelumo when he missed that chance as he wasn't a massive name in Scotland before, and now when you mention his name all people think about is the Norway game. Would love for him to score if he get's a chance - he'd be so relieved !
  • Options
    has Dailly "retired" from international football