Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

3D Television

edited August 2010 in General Charlton
Has anyone watched a match (Football or Rugby) in 3D yet? If so what did you think?

Comments

• I watched the Tottenham v Arsenal game toward end of last season and i was impressed with it. i wouldnt say it makes you feel as if you were at the match but its a great way of watching football.
  • Not seen a match but at the cinema before a 3D film they have a few clips in the previews and it looks good. Of all the previews and clips they show i think the sport (football and rugby were shown) are the best. The sport cips are the ones that make the most difference and stand out more in my opinion.
  • I'm afraid this technology passes me by as I can't see at all well out of one eye!
  • Watched some of the Chelsea Wigan game.....it was good but not amazing! close up action was very good.
  • My mate just got a big 3D TV. Have to say i can't see it catching on. For 1 pair of the glasses its around £120, so what happens if you leave them on the sofa and someone sits on them?
  • [cite]Posted By: charlton_hero[/cite]My mate just got a big 3D TV. Have to say i can't see it catching on. For 1 pair of the glasses its around £120, so what happens if you leave them on the sofa and someone sits on them?

I assumed you could use the goggles you bought at the cinema?!
  • ScoSco
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: charlton_hero[/cite]My mate just got a big 3D TV. Have to say i can't see it catching on. For 1 pair of the glasses its around £120, so what happens if you leave them on the sofa and someone sits on them?

In terms of watching football, you'd only be able to see one a**hole through them instead of 22.

Probably an improvement.
  • [cite]Posted By: charlton_hero[/cite]My mate just got a big 3D TV. Have to say i can't see it catching on. For 1 pair of the glasses its around £120, so what happens if you leave them on the sofa and someone sits on them?

So for a family of five you need to pay £600 just for the glasses? what a rip off.

You can get the Samsung glesses for about £50 but they are as flimsy as anything (Yes I have already smashed one pair) I can see the prices coming down fairly quickly as they cannot cost more than a couple of quid to make in some factory in china, so I expect non branded glasses to be arriving on EBAY pretty soon. Don't know if it will catch on but the TV companies appear to be trying as hard as possible to make it fail from what I can see.
  • [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: charlton_hero[/cite]My mate just got a big 3D TV. Have to say i can't see it catching on. For 1 pair of the glasses its around £120, so what happens if you leave them on the sofa and someone sits on them?

I assumed you could use the goggles you bought at the cinema?!

No. The Cinema uses passive glasses the new TVs use active glasses which are much higher quality (and of course much more expensive).
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes it works well for close ups but mostly it isn't anything special. Can't see how 3D tv will really catch on. Good gimmick for pubs I suppose.
  • It has well and truly got to the point where the quality of the technology is greater than the quality of the media being transmitted through it.

I had a look at 3Dtv but couldn't see the point. I didn't like the glasses, the whole set up gave me a headache.