Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player Ratings vs. Oldham

WSSWSS
edited August 2010 in General Charlton
You know the score...

Elliot -
Francis -
Llera -
Doherty -
Jackson -
Wagstaff -
Racon -
McCormack -
Reid -
Martin -
Abbott -

Sodje -

Comments

• Options
    Elliot - 8
    Francis - 6
    Llera - 7
    Doherty - 7
    Jackson - 7
    Wagstaff - 7
    Racon - 6
    McCormack - 7
    Reid - 6
    Martin - 6
    Abbott - 6

Sodje - 6
  • Options
    Elliot - 7.5
    Francis - 6
    Llera - 6
    Doherty - 7
    Jackson - 6.5
    Wagstaff - 6
    Racon - 5
    McCormack - 6.5
    Reid - 6.5
    Martin - 6
    Abbott - 6.5

Sodje - 6
  • Options
    Elliot - 7.5
    Francis - 6
    Llera - 6
    Doherty - 6
    Jackson - 6
    Wagstaff - 7
    Racon - 6
    McCormack - 6.5
    Reid - 7
    Martin - 6
    Abbott - 6

Sodje - 6
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Elliot - 7 Couple of decent saves, kicking can be improved. MOM
    Francis - 5 Can't pass to save his life, well he may be able to if he tried - he just wants to hoof it to the oppo - knock it sideways if you can't do better.
    Llera - 5.5 Usual Llera, has a good game then a not so good game. For me he is always a disaster waiting to happen.
    Doherty - 6 Good solid game, great in the air. not so great on the deck, but we know that already
    Jackson - 6 Competent - we haven't seen much of him so far, as all the play is going down the other side. He's ok at LB, but suspect he'd be better in midfield
    Wagstaff - 6.5 Quiet game, did ok, scores extra half point for getting the goal.
    Racon - 6 Ok, but that sums him up, he's normally ok, but we need better than that.
    McCormack - 6.5 Good game, but not great.
    Reid - 6 Quiet game
    Martin - 6.5 Did ok
    Abbott - 6 Nowhere near as good as at Orient, but was pretty much by himself.

Sodje - 6 Did ok
  • Options
    Elliot - 7 - Some good saves, sound kicking (except for one) and no flapping at crosses.
    Francis - 4.5 - Not quite as bad as some are making out imo. Did what he had to do defensively, but soooooo wasteful in possession, which was nearly very costly on a couple of occassions.
    Llera - 4.5 - I like Llera, and he's great when play is in front of him, but he was having a tough time with that big black guy they had up front and once he gets turned he's a gonner. Passing radar was a bit off too.
    Doherty - 6 - Won pretty much everything in the air, but understandably lacked a bit of understanding with Llera, and doesn't have the pace to cover if Big Mig is getting turned.
    Jackson - 6.5 - Gets an extra mark for a great goal line block and a goal saving tackle, but otherwise solid but unspectacular.
    Wagstaff - 6 - Took his goal very well and threatened to explode a couple of times in the first half, but went back to the old Waggy in the second where he really struggled to get involved.
    Racon - 5 - Neat and tidy as usual but, even as a Racon fan, I have to agree with those who say he needs to step it up a notch at the moment.
    McCormack - 6 - Bit better than Racon, but not terrific imo.
    Reid - 6 - Kept going and his pace clearly had Oldham worried, but he was running down blind alleys too often especially once Oldham doubled up on him - as with Sam last season, when this happens the other midfielders need to step up and exploit the space it creates.
    Martin - 7.5 - Really like this kid, didn't always take the right option, but he wants to get on the ball and try to make things happen - I'd rather see something clever not come off than something safe but dumb go down a dead end. He's what we've lacked since Andy Reid left. There are already signs of a good understanding with his fellow forwards - if he keeps up the work rate then he's going to be the man to unlock a few doors as the season progresses and the team gels.
    Abbott - 6 - Worked hard, but didn't quite manage to impose himself on the game. No help from the ref though as he was being constantly fouled.

Sodje - 5 - Tried to put himself about, but didn't have a great impact.
  • Options
    Elliot - 7.5
    Francis - 4
    Llera - 4.5
    Doherty - 5
    Jackson - 6
    Wagstaff - 7
    Racon - 3.5
    McCormack - 6
    Reid - 6.5
    Martin -6.5
    Abbott - 6.5

Sodje - 5
  • Options
    Elliot - 8 MOM 2 good saves other wise we would have lost 1-3
    Francis - 5.5 very poor i thought throughout the game only made 1 good tackle of note far too quick to look for the long ball, postioning shakey and thats being kind
    Llera - 5.5 where the hell is the player that comer on for daily last week very in consistant i think the pressure of being 1st choice gets to him
    Doherty - 7.5 thankgod for the good doctor
    Jackson - 5.5 i really dont like him at FB he seems to recover himself well but i worry about that side of the pitch
    Wagstaff - 6 good goal but very little else should have built on his performance last week and an early goal
    Racon - 6 did ok i dont know what people want him to do he is not a play maker i dont know what he is but he did ok
    McCormack - 7 got about the field and stood up to the physical side of it i like macca
    Reid - 6 come on son your pace is not all that you have show us more please
    Martin - 7 good effort always lookng for the ball and trying to create good shift nothing else though
    Abbott - 6 worked hard won some great flicks will get better once he scores but you have to shoot to score dont pass 8 yds out when you have the keeper to beat

Sodje 5 did nothing added nothing strange substituion we know abbott and sodje make the same runs

parky 6

dickov 8 impressed with his team yesterday
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Racon - 3.5
    harsh very harsh did he steal your smarties
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited August 2010
    Nope, just his nephew's place in the team...
  • Options
    pmsfl

take that unc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Elliot - 7
    Francis - 5
    Llera - 5
    Doherty - 6
    Jackson - 6
    Wagstaff - 6
    Racon - 5
    McCormack - 6
    Reid - 5
    Martin - 5
    Abbott - 6

Sodje - 5
  • Options
    everyone was crap except for rob
  • Options
    Elliot - 6.5 - Did ok
    Francis - 4.5 - Poor, but won headers, just gave the ball away far too much and was lucky to get away with it. I'm sure he'll get better.
    Llera - 6 - Thought he was ok really, maybe I'm forgetting something
    Doherty - 6.5 Fairly solid
    Jackson - 6.5 - Another did ok
    Wagstaff - 6 - Pleased to see him score again, a much better (or just confident?) player than 2 years ago. Didn't do much else though.
    Racon - 6 - Didn't think he was that bad, but didn't notice him that much and didn't really get into the game. Like NLA said he's not a playmaker, don't expect to see him spraying passes around and creating things, that's not what he's about
    McCormack - 6 - Another that was ok nothing more or less
    Reid - 6 - Parky was probably right in that he needed to get the ball more. Want to see him and Wagstaff get more crosses in, especially if Abbott and Sodje are both on the pitch
    Martin - 6 - Looking like Mooney's replacement to me. Some nice touches and ideas that don't always come off. Another day he'll play well, score or help create a good goal. Other times he won't get into the game.
    Abbott - 6 - Wasn't impressed yesterday, didn't win many headers and his touch was sometime decent other times not great. He needs to the midfield to create more chances though.

Sodje - 6 - Can't remember much about his performance either way. Like Abbott he needs the midfield and full backs to all step up a gear and create chances.
  • Options
    Elliot - 7.5 some good saves no chance with the goal which was an excellent strike by Furman and always going away from Robbie.

Francis - 6 jury out. Physical presence but not always great on the ground

Llera - 7 did all he could and some good raking long balls to Reid and Waggy. Sorry state of affairs when your centre half offers most of your creativity!

Doherty - 6 nothing particularly good or bad but not as impressed with him as I was against Bournemouth

Jackson - 7 that goaline clearance kept us in it.

Wagstaff - 6.5 took his goal well worked hard but lacked that something extra

Racon - 5 Disappears for long periods thus putting pressure on the defence. If he is not supposed to be playmaker then he is presumably meant to be helping defensively which he did not do adequately yesterday. Deserved to be taken off.

McCormack - 6 par performance nothing good or bad

Reid - 6 threatened when he got the ball but hardly ever got it

Martin - 6.5 Can't fault his effort but largely ineffective

Abbott - 7 A marked man but coped, won some headers and knocked the ball into space. Sadly those knockdowns were all to rarely seized upon by a Charlton player!

Sodje - 6 did a job but no service to speak of for him.
  • Options
    Elliot - 8
    Francis - 4.5
    Llera - 5
    Doherty - 7
    Jackson - 6
    Wagstaff - 7
    Racon - 5
    McCormack - 6
    Reid - 6.5
    Martin - 6
    Abbott - 6

Sodje - 6
  • Options
    Elliot - 7 - Good saves, especially in second half. Kicking a bit better than usual too
    Francis - 5 - Suicidal pass across the edge of his own box in first half summed up his performance. Looks slow as well. Solly is a better bet.
    Llera - 5 - Jeeesh this geezer's crap. Brave, and chucks his nut in when needed, but soooo slow on the turn and can't pass for toffee.
    Doherty - 7 - Thought he was very good at the back. Clearly can't run any more, but positional sense very good, and nice and strong in the challenge (as well as in the air, naturally)
    Jackson - 6 - Average - great block on the line, and good set piece delivery, but looks a little bit unfit to me
    Wagstaff - 6 - Took his goal well, but anonymous for large parts of the game. Stupid booking as well.
    Racon - 6.5 - Did OK. A lot of people moaning about him with very little cause. Broke play up well and was clearly under orders not to go forward.
    McCormack - 7 - Good again. Proper little battler, but with none of the petulance of Bailey.
    Reid - 7 - Still really yet to see him tear a defender apart, (Bradbury doesn't count, cos he's not a defender, and shit) but looks a threat every time he gets the ball. Apart from in the last 15 minutes, when he may as well not even be on the pitch.
    Martin - 7.5 - MOM - best player out there. Ran his nuts off, nice understanding developing already with Abbott
    Abbott - 7 - No change out of their centre half - but that was largely because he was all over him like a fucking rash. Every time he was able to, he brought the ball under control and usually did something useful with it.

Sodje - 6.5 - Should have been brought on earlier - when he did, he caused problems.
  • Options
    Elliot - 7
    Francis - 6
    Llera - 5
    Doherty - 6
    Jackson - 6
    Wagstaff - 6
    Racon - 6
    McCormack - 6
    Reid - 6.5
    Martin - 7
    Abbott - 6.5

Sodje - 6
  • Options
    Elliot - 8
    Francis - 6
    Llera - 5
    Doherty - 6
    Jackson - 6
    Wagstaff - 7
    Racon - 6
    McCormack - 6
    Reid - 6
    Martin - 7
    Abbott - 7

Sodje - 6
  • Options
    Elliot - 8
    Francis - 6
    Llera - 6.5
    Doherty - 6.5
    Jackson - 7.5
    Wagstaff - 7.5
    Racon - 6.5
    McCormack - 6
    Reid - 7.5
    Martin - 7
    Abbott - 6.5

Sodje - 6
  • Options
    IAIA
    edited August 2010
    Elliot - 7.5
    Francis - 5
    Llera - 6
    Doherty - 6
    Jackson - 7
    Wagstaff - 7
    Racon - 6
    McCormack - 6.5
    Reid - 7
    Martin - 6.5
    Abbott - 7

Sodje - 6
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Elliot - 7.5 (MOM)
    Francis - 6.5
    Llera - 5
    Doherty - 7
    Jackson - 6.5
    Wagstaff - 6.5
    Racon - 5
    McCormack - 6.5
    Reid - 6.5
    Martin - 7
    Abbott - 7

Sodje - 6
  • Options
    Elliot - 7
    Francis - 4
    Llera - 6
    Doherty - 5
    Jackson - 7
    Wagstaff - 8
    Racon - 6
    McCormack - 6
    Reid - 6
    Martin - 6
    Abbott - 6

Sodje - 6
  • Options
    Elliot - 7
    Francis - 6.5
    Llera - 7
    Doherty - 7
    Jackson - 6.5
    Wagstaff - 7
    Racon - 6
    McCormack - 7
    Reid - 7
    Martin - 7
    Abbott - 7

Sodje -7
  • Options
    Would've been easy just to give everone 6 for that one - nobody having a mare, nobody really standing out, all doing a reasonable job without excelling.

Elliot - 6.5
    Francis - 6
    Llera - 6
    Doherty - 6
    Jackson - 7
    Wagstaff - 7
    Racon - 6
    McCormack - 6
    Reid - 7 Threatened to take the game away from them for a while, but not his best in the end.
    Martin - 6 Worked hard again but never threatened quite as much as we all hoped.
    Abbott - 5 Disappointing this time. Felt we needed a little bit more from both forwards.
  • Options
    Elliot - 7 made some good saves
    Francis - 5.5 Still looks unfit
    Llera - 6 I didn't think he did badly , I just get nervous watching him. The plus side is he can pick a good cross field pass
    Doherty - 7 Generally sound , he and Llera are too similar and I think the Doc is the better player
    Jackson - 7.5 I agree he is not a natural Left Back and think he could be the creative cm we need , yesterday I couldn't fault him defensively and have given him an extra mark for the two clearances.
    Wagstaff - 7 Well taken goal
    Racon - 6 Not too bad , just not Semedo
    McCormack - 6.5 A good box to box player , I thought he played well yesterday
    Reid - 6 Slightly disappointing but had his moments
    Martin - 6 Showed some good touches
    Abbott - 6 Tried hard , but we need more options up top

Sodje -6 Did ok , only that his touch is terrible
  • Options
    Elliot - 7.5 and my MOM, not at fault for their goal, and a couple of excellent saves.
    Francis - 5 Hmmmn, well we have competition for a place verses giving a player a run in the side verses justifying the managers signing verses Solly having done nothing wrong but being easier to drop because he is the young guy...you sort that one out if you can!
    Llera - 6 Ok at best yesterday
    Doherty - 7 Best of our outfield players.
    Jackson - 6 OK but not really one to make the difference yesterday.
    Wagstaff - 6.5 Tried hard and weighed in with the goal, better than average, nearly a good.
    Racon - 5 Rightly substituted, will lose his place to Semedo I reckon.
    McCormack - 6.5 neat and tidy.
    Reid - 6.5 He does tend to fade late on, could've been the matchwinner.
    Martin - 6.5 Didn't go that well for him but did not hide and adapted late on.
    Abbott - 6 They seemed to have him sussed.

Sodje - 6 Not terrible at all.

Parkinson 6....two home points dropped.

officials 6 we had another sending off....I want one every game this season, may as well get in the record books for something.

Oldham 7.5 well deserved point, may even have got all three.
    Oldham fans 8 best we've seen of them at the Valley

Our fans 6 nothing special at all.
  • Options
    Elliot - 7.5 good saves & kicking was better. MOM
    Francis - 5 Not as bad as people are making out
    Llera - 5
    Doherty - 6
    Jackson - 6
    Wagstaff - 6
    Racon - 5
    McCormack - 7
    Reid - 6.5
    Martin - 7
    Abbott - 6

Sodje - 5
  • Options
    Elliot - 7.5
    Francis -5
    Llera -5
    Doherty -6
    Jackson -6
    Wagstaff -6
    Racon -5
    McCormack -5.5
    Reid -6
    Martin -6
    Abbott -6

Sodje -5.5
  • Options
    Elliot - 6.5 - 2 good saves but poor distribution - although lack of dailey to roll it out to hindered this
    Francis - 4.5 - Very poor, other than 1 great tackle towards the end
    Llera - 4 - Liability
    Doherty - 6 - Looked ok until he realised was gonna have to do work for the rest of the rest of the back four
    Jackson - 6 - Not a LB, but had a steady game
    Wagstaff - 6.5 - Took his goal well and looked a threat, had no protection from the ref thou
    Racon - 5 - The odd pass was ok but doesnt really offer anything defensively and holds the ball to long to be effective offensively
    McCormack - 6 - Steady game nothing spectacular
    Reid - 6 - Started well but then drifted, again as with waggy no protection from ref and man handled off of the ball all game
    Martin - 6 - Nothing really came off for him, but did look sharp and tricky.
    Abbott - 6 - Had no real support when aimless balls hoofed in his direction

Sodje - Husteled and bustled dont remember him really touchin the ball thou, when he came on we did seem to push more for the winner
  • Options
    Elliot - 8 Saved the game for us
    Francis - 4.5 why is he playing instead of solly?
    Llera - 4.5 1 game im going to take a clicker and click whenever he makes a mistake....
    Doherty - 6.5 did well aerialy
    Jackson - 6.5 didn't have much to do but great last dicth defending
    Wagstaff - 7.5 good running and goal
    Racon - 6 he needs to get into the game hardly see him its like playing with 10 men
    McCormack - 7 LOVE HIM great diving header at the front post
    Reid - 6.5 didn't see enough of the ball
    Martin - 6 was alright
    Abbott - 5.5 he wasn't doing it i would put sodje on for him and earlier

Sodje - 6.5 He's so strong came on was getting held and kicked and just rode the challenges

ref- 1 one of the worst so far .....