Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fairweather Supporters

edited August 2010 in General Charlton
Ok so we've done the Loyal thread, can anyone beat my record of gaps between games?

I went from -
23-01-1985
English FA Cup - Round 3
Charlton 1 (0) - 2 (0) Tottenham
through to -
12-03-1994
English FA Cup - Round 6
Man Utd 3 (0) - 1 (0) Charlton
without seeing any other games home or away.

Beat that!

I'd love to say it was because of me being banged up or something, but actually it was becasue I just couldn't be arsed.

Comments

• Options
    I can now see how season ticket holders couldn't get a ticket for Man Utd even though they gave us more tickets than The Valley capacity at the time.

You must be very pleased with yourself!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]
    I'd love to say it was because of me being banged up or something, but actually it was becasue I just couldn't be arsed.

Wow you are sooo cool!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kings hill addick[/cite]I can now see how season ticket holders couldn't get a ticket for Man Utd even though they gave us more tickets than The Valley capacity at the time.

I can't.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]

Wow you are sooo cool!

Cheers.
  • Options
    my dad went 20 years between seeing the addicks,but then he isn't really a charlton fan either
  • Options
    Does this make you Charlton's only official 'Plastic' fan then Chirpy ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Does this make you Charlton's only official 'Plastic' fan then Chirpy ?

Well there used to be a lot of us 4/5 years ago but strangely they've all gone. They weren't real plastics!
  • Options
    I think my old man last went in 1974 until I took him to see us play Chelsea on Boxing Day in 2003...
  • Options
    My dad (my real one) stopped going when I was born (1982) and then didnt start going again until he took me in 1992.
  • Options
    I missed large periods while my children were growing up. Then I had to take them to Liverpool and Coventry games when they wernt through their phase of supporting whoever their mates did.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My grandad went from the 1960s to the 1990s without seeing a game and hasn't been back since that one in the 1990s, a draw against Derby. Plastic ain't he! ;-)
  • Options
    My dad stopped going in 1969 when he married my mum and didn't go back until 1986 to see us get promoted. Aint looked back since.
  • Options
    Well Chirps, you missed some pretty good games during that time and missed some of our best players IMO

Fancy not seeing jimmy Melrose, Johny H, Peter Shirtliff, Colin Walsh, Robert Lee, Thommo, Andy Jones and Ralph Milne !

You missed Morts goals against Norwich & Chelsea....Melrose's hat-trick V Everton...beating Man U at Sellout and the first game back at the Valley !!!

shame on you.
  • Options
    chirpy how can you be proud of that record
  • Options
    thats quite funny chirpy. And to anyone having a go at him at least he is being honest. Lets face it we was averaging about 6 thousand fans at one point so these fans have to come from somewhere, its what happens clubs get promoted more fans come!

I am currently on a chirpy style charlton break! Not because i love my club any less but because i cant afford it anymore. There will be a time when i get my season ticket again and i cant wait because i miss it!
  • Options
    Maybe ooaah could answer for away games ;)