Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A2 results today

edited August 2010 in General Charlton
Miss Lat no.2 non football loving shopaholic secured her insurance offer at Hull University business school today well pleased esp. with Ms Lat getting a full time job as a nurse on a stroke unit in Lincoln. It has been a good year!

Hope others have had good news too

Comments

• Options
    Great news, well done junior lats !
  • Options
    For my AS levels... taken a year early so got 2 years to improve em

English A
    ICT A
    Physics D
    Maths D
  • Options
    + well done!
  • Options
    Someone I know got A* and 2 A's...theres goes my chance of getting with her then :P
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Someone I know got A* and 2 A's...theres goes my chance of getting with her then :P

But your the leader of a football firm, you get all the girls
  • Options
    Hull is a lovely place :)
  • Options
    Well done U T A bodes well for the future
  • Options
    Stu... had a lovely weekend there in July... Holiday Inn Marina £40 per night, wine and food fayre on, excellent shops, went to Brid... dodgy, Beverley as ever wonderful. I guess you are not too impressed with Hull from previous posts but have you ever been to Corby!!!!!
  • Options
    I actually quite enjoy living in hull, there is just some seriously weird stuff that goes on! Newland av is certainly one of the weirdest place I've ever lived! My only real gripe is the fact there is only one decent club (welly) and that's tiny and like everything else closes at 3am!
  • Options
    My mates daughter got 9 A+ and 2A looks like she is off to Oxford
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stu....For a fishing place we had probs getting fish late on a friday night, we put it down to being a codless society, that aside thought Hull was OK Ms lat juinor will do her best to liven it up. Will check out Newland Ave... is it Brandlesholme??
  • Options
    No way, brandsholme is the place time forgot, stay away! It's also a bit of a treck from uni, newland ave is round the corner from uni, runs paralel to bev road!

If she's planning to go to any of the freshers events at uni I'd really advise getting a wristband, without one expect to queue for an hour each night to get in!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: fatrob[/cite]My mates daughter got 9 A+ and 2A looks like she is off to Oxford

Thats quality... take it its gcse though, otherwise f*** oxford, shes a genius
  • Options
    Thanks for the wrist band advice Stu will pass on but hey what do I know!!! Presently Bex is guaranteed Uni accommodation also have back up in place with family friend who has property in Hull. Marina flats look reasonable but don't want her to live alone. I liked Hull she will be happy I am sure
  • Options
    So, are teachers any good or is it all down to the students or the easier exams??
  • Options
    Well as i said to my daughter today my grades 31 years ago would have out me into clearing!
    Best comment was from an ENT consultant at DunDEE last three letters was his grades at A-level... reckons things have dumbed down! For me less acaedemic in a purist sense is the biggest change. Students still have to work hard
  • Options
    Its more coursework based now rather than exam based, like 3 or 4 bits of coursework and one exam at the end of the year it is now for most courses
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Latimer[/cite]Thanks for the wrist band advice Stu will pass on but hey what do I know!!! Presently Bex is guaranteed Uni accommodation also have back up in place with family friend who has property in Hull. Marina flats look reasonable but don't want her to live alone. I liked Hull she will be happy I am sure

the lawns (the uni owned halls) is a cracking place to live I'd recomend it to anyone!!
  • Options
    I want my GCSE results so badly now haha! I guess I only have to wait until tuesday and plus I get the excitement of Charlton vs. Oldham inbetween! :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]So, are teachers any good or is it all down to the students or the easier exams??

The main thing is everything being split into modules and the ability to retake the modules. So some students have the opportunity to keep retaking certain modules until they get an A, which is ridiculous.

Plus there's a whole load of new A levels to give people an easier shot at a high grade. So I doubt that traditional subjects like History or Maths have got that much easier, but someone who might have been forced to take Maths in the past and failed can now take something like Leisure and Tourism and get an A.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]So, are teachers any good or is it all down to the students or the easier exams??

The main thing is everything being split into modules and the ability to retake the modules. So some students have the opportunity to keep retaking certain modules until they get an A, which is ridiculous.

You can only re-take it once, then they take the better grade out the first one and the re-take.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]

You can only re-take it once, then they take the better grade out the first one and the re-take.

I'm pretty sure one of my friends retook his january exams at the end of the as year, then retook one of them again in A level year.

Regardless, it's completely unfair to be able to retake an As module in A level year. I'm guilty of it: I retook an As Maths Module in my A level exam period, unsurprisingly found it ridiculously easy once I'd been doing A level maths for a year, and hence got almost full marks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]For my AS levels... taken a year early so got 2 years to improve em

English A
    ICT A
    Physics D
    Maths D
    English...?

When are you gonna need that....?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    congrats Miss Lat no.2 and UTA

completely s**ting myself about getting my gcse results on tuesday!!
  • Options
    Well done. Despite what the papers try and tell you, A Levels are hard.
  • Options
    Im going on holiday in, 20 minuites. Theres no way i was gonna collect my results beforehand..
  • Options
    I've heard that to prevent A' Level questions getting easier they're going to use the same question every year...

Ought to do the trick...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Well done. Despite what the papers try and tell you, A Levels are hard.
    Well said, congrats.

Now do the smart thing and only go to uni if you're unable to get a job!