Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Martin feeling loved

edited August 2010 in General Charlton
From the SLP

LEE Martin has only been at Charlton for two weeks - but already it feels like home for the on-loan Ipswich winger.

And the former Manchester United youngster, 23, already admits that he would jump at the chance of a permanent move to The Valley.

Tractor Boys boss Roy Keane paid an undisclosed fee - widely thought to be around £1.5million - for Martin in July 2009 to end his four-year stay at Old Trafford. But he made just 10 starts last season.

"If I'm not wanted at Ipswich I would love to be at Charlton," said Martin. "In the two weeks I've been here I've felt more wanted than I did in my year at Ipswich. I'm enjoying my football and I'm looking forward to training."

Comments

• Options
    So that's two fingers up at R.Keane.
  • Options
    Do any players actually like Roy Keane?
  • Options
    Good stuff.
  • Options
    does ANYONE like Roy Keane?
  • Options
    Who IS Roy Keane ?
  • Options
    No one likes the P***k
  • Options
    I assume he must have known him (or about him) at Man U and still signed for him at Ipswich, so I assume he must have liked him?

Call me cynical but I chalk this down to another "player tells the fans what they want to hear" story.
  • Options
    Roy Keane = Plastic Gansgster of football.
  • Options
    You don't have to be liked to be a good manager... Not that I am saying Keane is a good manager.
  • Options
    He's feeling even bigger love now he's been sponsored by The Charlton Lifers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Id hardly call Roy Keane a plastic gangster. The man's a complete head the ball.
  • Options
    Loved keane as a manager but he is a bit of a tit nowadays. Martin probably is enjoying it here. His gonna be on the team sheet every week. He could have easily stayed at ipswich in the reseves picking up his wages for doing sod all but clearly wants to earn it by playing 1st team football
  • Options
    Edit that. Loved keane as a player
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mendonca[/cite]Roy Keane = Plastic Gansgster of football.

agree. pulled out of the ireland squad in the WC and acted like a spoilt girl. real man would have just got on with it.

happy about martin anyways.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I think he is, within football. The amount of media attention he gets for the "hard man" comments he makes etc....quite boring now.
  • Options
    Roy Keane comes across as a self important, over intense pain in the arse who needs to lighten up a bit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Harveys Trainer[/cite]I assume he must have known him (or about him) at Man U and still signed for him at Ipswich, so I assume he must have liked him?

Call me cynical but I chalk this down to another "player tells the fans what they want to hear" story.

You're cynical. ;-)
  • Options
    I love it when he goes mental at journos. The BBC bloke who asked him if he was going to resign was a classic as was the bloke whoes phone went off when he was ranting about Ireland going out of the WC.
  • Options
    Keane is not a good manager. he may have a good technical and tactical knowledge, but he has no man management or motivational skills.

watching Martin celebrate with the team after the orient game, he didn't look like a player just on loan.
    I don't know if there is any chance of getting him permanently; perhaps if we’re promoted or takenover it might happen, but hopefully he remains with us for the season because i like what i've seen so far and think he'll only get better.
  • Options
    Roy Keanes experience as a player was being managed by Brian Clough and Alex Ferguson. He has probably tried to adopt both styles but he lacks the personality, humour, humanity and talent to be like either one of those greats. You can't be a good man manager if you can't tell what players need a kick up the arse from those who need an arm round the shoulder. Growling at everyone ain't gonna work. He is intelligent and articulate but lacks what it takes to be a good manager. It's not all tactics getting the best out of your team. Have heard stories that he completely ignores players who are out of favour. Not best use of resources IMHO. If I was his boss I wouldn't let that stuff carry on. So yes I think Martin meant what he said exactly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    QUA-LI-TY!!!!!!!!!

Great fricken news.....

Martin your welcome, that litlle VOLLEYED ball round the corner WITHOUT looking was top, top notch!

Matched only by the finish...
  • Options
    At 9k a week I would feel loved by my employer :-)
  • Options
    Martin, you can sign for us anytime mate. You will soon become a Charlton legend.
  • Options
    He's been on here I tells ya! We Love you Lee keep it up!
  • Options
    9k pw really????
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]At 9k a week I would feel loved by my employer :-)
    Do you reckon we're shelling out that?

Ipswich must me draining money, having spent so much to bring him in as well...
  • Options
    I don't hate anyone (no really) but for Roy Keane I will make an exception, hard man I don't think so!! When he did that snide stamp kick on Inger-halland (sp?) or whatever his name is, the fella was not even looking, we can all be tough if we are hitting someone from behind. Did he actually win many face to face 50-50 challenges? Robbie 'Lilly' Savage is cut from the same cloth, tossers!!

Also remember Keane giving Mick McCarthy pelters saying he was a Sh1t manager, Karme is a good thing!!!

I've finished now!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]At 9k a week I would feel loved by my employer :-)
    Do you reckon we're shelling out that?

Ipswich must me draining money, having spent so much to bring him in as well...

No way are we paying that IMO, if most/all the other players are on £1k/£2k per week.
  • Options
    I'm glad I voted for his shirt sponsor now, seems like a real nice boy...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]Roy Keane comes across as a self important, over intense pain in the arse who needs to lighten up a bit.
    It's alright, he does charity work...