Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Agent's Fees

edited August 2010 in General Charlton
from Sky :

Charlton spent a total of £123,490 on agents' fees last season according to the Football League's latest figures.

League One clubs paid out a combined total of £2,241,771 during the period from July 1 2009 to June 30 2010 with Southampton the biggest spenders, splashing out £401,248.

Spending on agents' fees increased by £3.9million across the whole of the Football League last year.

On announcing the latest figures, Football League chairman Greg Clarke said: "Given the current economic climate, it is worrying to see such a significant amount leaking from the game.

"This year's figures demonstrate a considerable increase on those of last season and it is essential that clubs work to reduce this liability over the coming campaign."

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2010
    wouldn't be suprised if the bulk of ours was in selling players, not buying them.

Mind you, we are taking in a lot of free transfers these days, and as we know, no transfer is free.
  • Options
    I'm sure I remember reading sometime in the last few years there was a season in which we spent a lot on agents fees. Probably when Pardew was here. Looks like something we've cut down spending on.

No surprise Southampton spent the most.
  • Options
    Blame Andrew Mills !!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]wouldn't be suprised if the bulk of ours was in selling players, not buying them.

Mind you, we are taking in a lot of free transfers these days, and as we know, no transfer is free.
    I'd suspect that a bit like players' wages, that agents fees actually go up with bosmans. Not sure that we'd be paying fees on outgoing players though.
  • Options
    Perhaps we had to pay other clubs to take our rejects?
    (only kidding)
  • Options
    Breakdown of transactions;-

New registrations/transfer - 9
    Updated contracts - 1
    Cancelled contracts - 6
    Loans - 15
  • Options
    I thought it would be higher.
  • Options
    Disgusting waste of money
  • Options