Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Two weeks to go...

edited August 2010 in General Charlton
Until the transfer window closes. Anyone else coming in? All seems to have gone a bit quiet....

Comments

• Options
    will be a signing this week ;-)
  • Options
    another striker and a couple of loans I suspect
  • Options
    "I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience."
  • Options
    How has it gone quiet?

Has Parky stopped looking or Murray/Waggott stopped asking?

Or is it just that there are no mentions on Football Rumours or in the papers?

We had all the panic "we've only got 8 players, we'll never have a team ready for the Bournemouth game" 6 weeks ago. Players signed, we've won some games, chill.

In any case we can still sign players after the transfer window closes either on loan (likely IMHO) or out of contract players (doubt it but you never know)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Harveys Trainer[/cite]"I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience."

"He will learn patience"
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]How has it gone quiet?

Has Parky stopped looking or Murray/Waggott stopped asking?

Or is it just that there are no mentions on Football Rumours or in the papers?

We had all the panic "we've only got 8 players, we'll never have a team ready for the Bournemouth game" 6 weeks ago. Players signed, we've won some games, chill.

In any case we can still sign players after the transfer window closes either on loan (likely IMHO) or out of contract players (doubt it but you never know)

I don't think anyone is worrying that much mate so no need to chill.

But it would be nice to have another striker.
  • Options
    Has gone quiet though...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Has gone quiet though...

It's always calm just before the storm.

If Large says three players are signing this week on loan from Man U, Chelsea and Reading then I believe him.
  • Options
    I don't know.

Most signings we seemed to make was on here at least 2 weeks beforehand haha!
  • Options
    Was only wondering what people thought....after the flurry of activity a couple of weeks back - I think you'll agree its quiet in comparison! Hope the striker appears soon although with the first 2 results can't really argue at the moment that we are lacking...but I'm sure we will be.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]I don't know.

Like Lee Martin and Pavel Abbot weren't.

Trust in large, he's the man.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]I don't know.

Like Lee Martin and Pavel Abbot weren't.

Trust in large, he's the man.

Hence why i said most. Ok i'll trust in Large as he has proved my point of it being on here beforehand lol.
  • Options
    Hugely impressed with Parky's transfer strategy this summer and believe whatever is happening in the background, it will continue to be positive and good for the team/squad, as he is clearly in a purple patch at the minute.

I haven't felt so positive around Charlton for years and I mean years. We look like a Charlton team of old, honest, hard working, full of endeavour, with a bit of real quality beyond our level. This combination, as and when it is boosted by a few more will give us a genuine platfrom to challenge. Loving it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Has gone quiet though...

It's always calm just before the storm.

If Large says three players are signing this week on loan from Man U, Chelsea and Reading then I believe him.

Eh?
  • Options
    Why is Parky wearing a purple patch ?