Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bellamy to Cardiff - Is this wrong?

How are Cardiff allowed to take a top premiership player on loan when they owe so much money to other football clubs , Including Charlton. i Know Man City may be paying the bulk of his wages but surely this is still wrong?

Comments

• Motherwell sending people to Cardiff as im hearing after they didnt come to court when motherwell asked according to their chairman on SSN
  • Motherwell Chairman going mental!
  • isn't he on £95k a week didn't I read....I suspect they are paying pretty much all of it !

strange situation really, he's clearly too good for the Championship, City don't want him in their squad but won't let him go to a rival club..........they either think he's good enough or he isn't!
  • City will be paying his 90k a week, don't see a problem. Good on them its his home town club. They don't want him going to spurs or villa or anywhere he could score goals that could dent there title or top 4 hopes and he wouldn't want to play for a stoke or wolves so why not let him go to cardif? Think once the 25 man squads are announced u will see a few more top players dropping down till at least january. He goes to cardiff scores loads, city struggle he will be back in the team at january its a no lose situation.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]How are Cardiff allowed to take a top premiership player on loan when they owe so much money to other football clubs , Including Charlton. i Know Man City may be paying the bulk of his wages but surely this is still wrong?[/quote]

Why is it wrong?

I doubt Cardiff are paying him more than they pay anyone else and I would imagine Man city will be paying the difference so unless you are saying that cardiff shouldn't be allowed to sign players, I don't see what the problem is.
  • Well clearly they shouldn't be allowed to sign players whilst they still owe clubs money, otherwise where's the incentive to ever pay other clubs?
  • it's not strange. Man City don't want him, but they don't want any of their rivals to have him either. as money is no object to them, they would rather carry on paying 85% of his wages, then sell him to another premiership club.
  • As long as he scores plenty against Millwall and Palace, I really couldn't give a toss about him.
  • They don't owe us any money either.
  • I didn't catch all the details on SSN but I think what was said is Cardiff owe Motherwell £175,000 from TWO YEARS AGO. So my view is that this is wrong because they shouldn't be allowed to sign players if they have not paid money when it's due on previous transfers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Its actually evil the way Citeh are trying to buy the title and then off-load the players they don't want. Very disrespectful to Bellamy, who can't help being a git, unfair to Champs teams about to play Cardiff and sickening to the teams who want to actually buy him, like the spuds. Plus of course the players pay gets even more extreme and ridiculous. In time I think I may hate Citeh even more than Chelsea, but it is not close at the moment.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]They don't owe us any money either.

So when did they pay us the 100k owed for Hudson?
  • They didn't, we sold it to a debt recovery agent.
  • [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]They don't owe us any money either.

So when did they pay us the 100k owed for Hudson?
    Couple of weeks ago I think. Regardless - we've already "spent" that money.

The Football League imposed the embargo for non-payment of PAYE to HM Revenue and Customs and other "football debts" which Cardiff claim to have now paid.

"We've met the conditions that put us in the embargo in the first place," chief executive Jenkins told BBC Sport.

"But we can't rule out another embargo, that is certainly a possibility."

Cardiff claim their transfer embargo has been lifted as the Football League is satisfied that their outstanding debts are paid.

The delay in lodging end of-year accounts and because of money owed to the brokers of defender Mark Hudson's £1m move from Charlton to Cardiff last summer also accounted for the Football League sanction.

But Jenkins insisted: "We've rectified them now and worked through various challenges.

"There are more challenges to come but we'll face up to them and try to keep the club out of an embargo so we can continue to operate and go forward.
  • they shouldn't be able to register a player - loan or purchase - in my view
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: thewolfboy[/cite]Its actually evil the way Citeh are trying to buy the title and then off-load the players they don't want. Very disrespectful to Bellamy, who can't help being a git, unfair to Champs teams about to play Cardiff and sickening to the teams who want to actually buy him, like the spuds. Plus of course the players pay gets even more extreme and ridiculous. In time I think I may hate Citeh even more than Chelsea, but it is not close at the moment.[/quote]

I think "evil" is a bit ott!

As for it being unfair to other teams in the championship, if that's the case then you may as well scrap loans altogether.

Or are you saying that only crap premiership players can go on loan?
  • Won't last long. But im livid, im quite sure they will foot some of the wages..

Where is our 500k?
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]they shouldn't be able to register a player - loan or purchase - in my view

Why not? If they've paid the debts the rules require them to?
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]they shouldn't be able to register a player - loan or purchase - in my view

Why not? If they've paid the debts the rules require them to?

Have they paid all the debts though? Still very unclear..

Until it's all sorted, they shouldn't be allowed to sign anyone.
  • edited August 2010
    Sorry but unclear to who?

Seems to me that the football league were satisfied otherewise they wouldn't have removed the embargo.

As for Motherwell, if they have been owed £175k for 2 years, then more fool them for not doing something about it.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Have they paid all the debts though? Still very unclear..

The football league lifting the transfer embargo would suggest so.
  • [cite]Posted By: thewolfboy[/cite]Its actually evil the way Citeh are trying to buy the title and then off-load the players they don't want. Very disrespectful to Bellamy, who can't help being a git, unfair to Champs teams about to play Cardiff and sickening to the teams who want to actually buy him, like the spuds. Plus of course the players pay gets even more extreme and ridiculous. In time I think I may hate Citeh even more than Chelsea, but it is not close at the moment.

It's hardly evil is it? It's just jealousy. Remember the excitement on here when the rumours started about Zabeel taking over us? Would any club care if it was their own taken over and buying players left, right and centre. To be fair to City fans they've had a pretty rough time of it, have been down in league one and got back to the top. Good luck to them. Any club that has a go at them for 'buying' the title is just jealous.

As for Bellamy, i doubt Cardiff are paying much of his wages as it's in City's interest for him to go there. Even if they're paying just 10k a week of his wages they'd probably make that back in shirt sales. If 5k Cardiff fans buy a shirt at £40 that's 200k. If they're paying him 10k a week that'd cover his wages for 5 months. And that's without the extra people who will now go to their games. Sky will probably want to show a couple more of their games as well.

Bellamy comes out of this looking well as he'll be applauded for wanting to go to his hometown club, and he'll be a hero there. Plus when Mancini inevitably gets the sack Bellamy can go back to City in Janury and continue his career there.
  • Moves like this rarely end well
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    Even if they're paying just 10k a week of his wages they'd probably make that back in shirt sales. If 5k Cardiff fans buy a shirt at £40 that's 200k. If they're paying him 10k a week that'd cover his wages for 5 months. .

Dazzler can explain this put that £40 isn't profit. The wholesale price of the shirt plus the cost of sales means they make maybe £10 a shir, if that, and some of that will be VAT.

So that's £50k assuming that they sell an extra 5k shirts which would be going very well on crowds of 20k.

Sure they will sell some extra but I'd guess that most fans who have are going to buy a shirt have already done so.

Extra ticket sales will be a boost but winner performances and promotion is what will really make it a worthwhile deal.
  • edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Have they paid all the debts though? Still very unclear..

The football league lifting the transfer embargo would suggest so.

The football league transfer embargo being lifted was only because they made an effort to pay of a few debts they owed, they still owe lots of money looking at the Cardiff forums.
  • don't like this for 2 reasons:

1) Cardiff obviously can't afford his wages, so how much (%) are they paying. I know its quite common that the wages for players that are out on loan are paid/partially paid by the loanee club.............but to this extent ??

2) If Man City don't wont him in their 25 man squad 'cause he's not good enough, they shouldn't be able to stipulate who can or can't sign him. If they think he is cr*p then why should they worry if he plays for another Prem team !

This is so wrong IMHO.

It would be very interesting to see a Div 1 or Div 2 taking players like Torres, Gerrard, Rooney etc on loan ala Cardiff !!!!!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]The football league transfer embargo being lifted was only because they made an effort to pay of a few debts they owed, they still owe lots of money looking at the Cardiff forums.

Not all debts result in an embargo though.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]The football league transfer embargo being lifted was only because they made an effort to pay of a few debts they owed, they still owe lots of money looking at the Cardiff forums.

Not all debts result in an embargo though.

I know, but a good percentage of the debts that caused this embargo are yet to be paid.

If a club shows even a small sign of paying back these debts, a trasfer embargo is normally lifted.
  • I'll defend the term 'evil' because the Premier league is being ruined. Chelsea have been able to buy the league title and by doing so have paid players ludicrous wages. Decent clubs like WBA get promoted and are highly likely to get relegated unless they mortgage their club by paying way over the odds for good to average players. They have no chance of signing great players. City are simply taking it all on a step or two by paying a kid 200 grand a week and walking all over Villa by stealing their star player by trebling his wage. Its the Chelsea Scotty tactics with knobs on. At the end of the day you get prima maddona players treating the public with contempt. I don't think I'm jealous. I just appreciate clubs who develop their own players and one club players, bless them.
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]don't like this for 2 reasons:

1) Cardiff obviously can't afford his wages, so how much (%) are they paying. I know its quite common that the wages for players that are out on loan are paid/partially paid by the loanee club.............but to this extent ??

2) If Man City don't wont him in their 25 man squad 'cause he's not good enough, they shouldn't be able to stipulate who can or can't sign him. If they think he is cr*p then why should they worry if he plays for another Prem team !

This is so wrong IMHO.

It would be very interesting to see a Div 1 or Div 2 taking players like Torres, Gerrard, Rooney etc on loan ala Cardiff !!!!!!!

Golfie re point 2 - what are you talking about ?

You are saying Man C can't stipulate who they loan him to ?

That is a ridiculous statement.