Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THE CHARLTON LIFE STATBANK - THE SEASON SO FAR (Post Leyton Orient A)

edited August 2010 in General Charlton
LEYTON ORIENT V CHARLTON

...........................LOFC.....CAFC

Goals...................... 1...........3
Possession...............58%........42%
Shots (target)............10...........6
Shots (off-target)…......10...........1
Corners....................6............1
Fouls.......................8...........14
Yellow cards...............1...........2
Red Cards.................0............1
Att. 5,535 (1,595 CAFC)

PLAYER RATINGS (92 LIFERS)

Wagstaff - 8.31
Martin - 7.92
McCormack - 7.78
Doherty - 7.64
Llera - 7.54
Abbott - 7.53
Racon - 6.93
Jackson - 6.84
Elliot - 6.66
Francis - 6.66
Reid - 6.38
Dailly - 6.03

Average rating - 7.18

MAN OF THE MATCH
- SCOTT WAGSTAFF

CUMULATIVE PLAYER RATINGS (AFTER 2 LEAGUE GAMES, appearances in brackets)

Martin (1) - 7.92
Solly (1) - 7.87
Llera (1) - 7.54
McCormack (2) - 7.52
Doherty (2) - 7.34
Sodje (1) - 7.14
Reid (2) - 7.09
Abbott (2) - 7.08
Wagstaff (2) - 7.05
Jackson (2) - 6.72
Francis (1) - 6.66
Elliot (2) - 6.65
Dailly (2) - 6.61
Racon (2) - 6.59
Semedo (1) - 6.25

MAN OF THE MATCH AWARDS

SOLLY - 1
WAGSTAFF - 1

GOALS (All comps)

Abbott - 2
Sodje - 1
Wagstaff - 1
McCormack - 1
Solly - 1
Martin - 1

ASSISTS (All comps)

Martin - 2
Reid - 1
Mambo - 1
Francis - 1
Wagstaff - 1

YELLOW CARDS (All comps)

Dailly - 1
Abbott - 1

RED CARDS (All comps)

Semedo - 1
Dailly - 1

LEAGUE ONE STATS

Games played…………....22
Games remaining.......530
% played..................3%
Home wins…………….....36%
Draws…………………......32%
Away wins………….......32%
Goals per match……... 2.68
Goals p. match (H)…...1.50
Goals p. match (A)….. 1.18

AFKA's FIVER

1. The average player rating of 7.18 was marginally higher than the 7.10 rating from the victory at Brisbane Rd twelve months ago.

2. Only 6 out of the 46 fixtures last season ranked higher than Friday's 7.18 rating (Tran A, Swin H, Bren H, MKD H, Leeds H, Brighton A)

3. Christian Dailly hugely benefited from the goodwill of victory. Despite two needless bookings potentially costing us the game, only 34% of those marking gave him their lowest singular mark.

4. Both Charlton and Saturday's opponents Oldham are yet to concede in the first half, and both have taken the lead in their two matches.

5. Just 42% possession was matched only once last season, ironically at home to Leyton Orient.

WHAT THEY SAID.............

"The spirit in the team shone through. We showed it against Bournemouth and had to do it again tonight. There will be times when you play well and win, and you play well and lose. But when you don't play well, it's the character and spirit in the side which can grind out a result for you. That's what we are going to need throughout the season. The signs are good in this squad and this team that we've got that character.
We had great support away tonight and that is so important. When they turn up at The Valley next week, the supporters that were here tonight and those who watched it on television will be right behind the lads again. It really makes a difference.” - PHIL PARKINSON

"It is all about doing it right in both boxes. If we had defended like they did I think we would have won that football match. We needed to keep the back door locked, particularly when they were down to 10 men. We had lots of possession and were using it quite well. They were very, very deep and we could not get behind them. I thought 3-1 was harsh on us. I thought we massively deserved something out of the game. They have had what amounted to three and a half chances and scored three goals. That is credit to them. I am not knocking them for that." - RUSSELL SLADE

"Charlton are the Man United of League One" - DION DUBLIN (lol)

WHAT WE SAID..................

So proud of the boys, credit to Parky for having a effective plan B - LSEBarnes

I thought Parky made a mistake leaving Waggy on instead of Reid but I was pleased to be wrong! - WestStandCookie

Fantastic, it's been a while since you can see every player on the pitch wants the win and will do anything to get it - Debaser

The main thing that shone through was the team spirit, from those on the pitch and on the bench - Lancashire Lad

Genuinely can't remember when I last enjoyed a game as much as this one. The team spirit and determination were fantastic. Over the moon for Solly and Waggy - stilladdicted

That was all about spirit and playing for each other. Unbelievable that Parky has got that kind of spirit in what is really a brand new side so quickly. I saw a team of equals working for each other - incorruptible addick

Comments

• Options
    thats not what isaid ;-)
  • Options
    Love it AFKA, nice to see two academy players get the first 2 MOM. Also nice to see a loan player leading the way

Let the good times roll
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Interesting that v Bournemouth possession was 50/50 despite us playing for 10 men for a similar time.

Agree on Dailly getting the boost of the good win. Last season others were not as fortunate.

Both Elliot and Francis got 6.66. This may explain why some people hate them. They are the devil in disguise ("Oh yes they are!")
  • Options
    Good to see that we can rely on youth players, no comments please Mr Hanson! Also good to see that we are scoring goals freely which was always a struggle last term. Feeling optimistic about the season despite Parky's comments on CAFC TV that he is far from happy with the current size of the squad.

Agree with the team spirit though, last term we would have capitulated going down to 10 men.
  • Options
    IMO Francis deserved more. i think his rating is partly down to people being upset that Solly was dropped. personally i thought he did alright, plus he set up the first goal.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Good point i agree, doesn't look 100% but still done a good job min 7 rating imo
  • Options
    Francis, although had a half decent game, did not look fit enough and was caught napping a few too many times. Showed that he hadn't had a proper pre-season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]IMO Francis deserved more. i think his rating is partly down to people being upset that Solly was dropped. personally i thought he did alright, plus he set up the first goal.

Disagree. I think he was poor. The amount of times he gave the ball straight to them, when there was no pressure on him was unbelieveable. He redeemed himself by setting up the first goal with an excellent cross. I also recognise that he's not match fit, so I'm not being overly critical. But if he played like that match fit ,I wouldn't be pleased.
  • Options
    Pretty much saw it the same as CE
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]IMO Francis deserved more. i think his rating is partly down to people being upset that Solly was dropped. personally i thought he did alright, plus he set up the first goal.

Disagree. I think he was poor. The amount of times he gave the ball straight to them, when there was no pressure on him was unbelieveable. He redeemed himself by setting up the first goal with an excellent cross. I also recognise that he's not match fit, so I'm not being overly critical. But if he played like that match fit ,I wouldn't be pleased.

Covered End has it spot on for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    covered end was seen drinking before the game so have to doubt his judgement but on this I think he is right.

Hard game when not fully fit when you've played a game 72 hours before.

Lets see how he does in future games.
  • Options
    I'm with CE - if Dailly's numbers got a victory boost then so did Francis's. Had we lost/drawn those two would have drawn a lot of flack.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]covered end was seen drinking before the game so have to doubt his judgement but on this I think he is right.

Hard game when not fully fit when you've played a game 72 hours before.

Lets see how he does in future games.

:-)

Also, I didn't see or here Nathan throw a bottle :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]

:-)

Also, I didn't see or here Nathan throw a bottle :-)

I did. It was him that threw it and it was me that told the police.