Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ginger Magician

Paul Scholes - The best midfielder in English Football?

discuss.

Comments

• Options
    I thought this thread would be about Nicky Bailey.
  • Options
    haha not quite oggy. Scholes is on another level when it comes to controlling games. His vision is outrageous...can spot a pass before us watching it on tv at home!
  • Options
    Sorry VG, tongue in cheek .........!
  • Options
    ha i know mate!...just in awe of Scholes tonight.
  • Options
    I was thinking more along the lines of Ron Weasley
    but scholes is different class, and a man utd icon.
  • Options
    The model pro?
  • Options
    scholes is a great role model for the young kids of today

you never see him drunk in papers

he only shags his wife or girlfriend

he doesnt urinate in the street

he doesnt get caught smoking

i think that if every english footballer took their football as serious as scholsey then we would have a national team to be proud of

for footballer in the dictionary look up paul scholes
  • Options
    If every footballer took their game as seriously as Scholes, the Engalnd manager would stick him on the left in 4-4-2 where he'd get fuck all decent ball become so bored he'd have to retire. Thirteen bloody years since Hoddle gave him his head and played him in the middle of midfield 3, and he hit the most sublime ball to Shearer for a goal. Sorry rant over let's just play our centrally minded players all over and keep Lampard.
  • Options
    *posts THAT pic of Scholes doing a slide tackle when his nob fell out*

*sniggers and runs away*
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]he only shags his wife or girlfriend

But not in the same bed at the same time! He is a gentleman after all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    he is quality and last night he was superb......he's not quite Ryan Giggs though, now scored in every one of the 19 premiership seasons!
  • Options
    Scholesy is frightening, his passing ability is ridiculous. Love the way the commentators laugh off a late Scholes challenge as a "mistake", there is no way they're all a mistake. He knows what he's doing and it all adds to how good he is. Amazing player.
  • Options
    Brilliant midfielder, great passer, terrible tackler.
  • Options
    Hard to believe that he suffers from asthma as well.

Top professional and quality player and, as other have said, the perfect role model and for a young footballer.
  • Options
    He's not a terrible tackler, he a cynical little swine, but my gawd he was at his best last night, the ball to Giggs for the third was stunning
  • Options
    Massive Oldham fan aswell, gave the club some money when they were struggling a few years ago and still gets to boundary park whenever he can. Stuart Balmer late of this parish is one of his favorite ever Oldham players!

Top pro, was class last night, can't tackle and can't run anymore but my god can he hit a pass.
  • Options
    the finish was stunning, the ball to him was pretty good but not that difficult under no pressure.
  • Options
    Scholes is exactly what the England team have been missing. Another 2 or 3 like him and a couple of centre forwards and we might stand a chance. Both him and Joe Cole, like Gerrard have been marginalised to the donkey work positions (left/right midfield) over the last ten years so that workhorses can be accomodated in the centre. We don't have enough ball players in this country and when we get them we stick them on the wing!