Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lee Martin Running for 90mins!

Now for me this player more then deserve his weekley wage on the performence he put in vs Leyton Orient.

Watched the game back on sky a coupple of time, And my god his determiation to run after the ball, was a joy to behold.

Even in the 89th min he was trying to sprint from there Pen box, to our own goal line, its great to see someone who really wants to play for Charlton and really wants to prove a point,

Well done Lee Martin, For Total Disire, you got my man of the match vs Leyton.

Comments

• Options
    He's on loan isn't he ?
  • Options
    Yes he is, thats what supprised me even more, his hunger to chase the ball and to win for a loanee was first class stuff,
  • Options
    One year loan, but Ipswich have the right to call him back in January :-(
  • Options
    Hopefully they'll forget he's here ;)
  • Options
    Im very nervous about a potential recall.. he has class written all over him.....
  • Options
    Quick wide man from a higher league on a one year loan with a recall clause. Where have I heard that before?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Im very nervous about a potential recall.. he has class written all over him.....
    I'm not while Roy Keane is there. He won't change his mind too easily.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Im very nervous about a potential recall.. he has class written all over him.....

On the positive when Lisbie was doing well for Colchester Keane did not recall him, but then maybe he had seen Lisbie play previously!!

Hopefully ispwich can keep all their players fit and have no need for martin, of course being fairly young he may burn out by Christmas!
  • Options
    Don't think Keane will recall him in January, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Keane get the sack before January comes along. A new Manager might want to recall Martin if he's been doing well for us.
  • Options
    He looks too good for this division. Hope he stays and hope we can sign him permanently. We would have to go up for that to happen, I imagine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Based on?

He's repeatedly tried to move on Jonathan Stead (just as an example), but still put him on the team on Saturday. He also recalled Super Kev after Lisbie (who was on a similar deal) and who had said he didn't want to play for him. Eventually he backed down on this, but the fact that he was prepared to do it doesn't back up what you're implying.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]

On the positive when Lisbie was doing well for Colchester Keane did not recall him, but then maybe he had seen Lisbie play previously!!
    As above he did, well he said he would, then didn't...

null
    pswich manager Roy Keane is taking up his option to recall the striker from his season-long loan at the Community Stadium in January with a view to selling him. But Lisbie, who joined Ipswich from Colchester for £600,000 in July last year, is thought to want to stay with the U's. "He is their player and that is part of the agreement," Cowling told the Green'Un.

I suspect that this was because he was in the shop window at Col U and if they'd have had an offer they'd have recalled him and moved him on in the window.
  • Options
    Any idea what it would cost IF (and I know it's a big if) we could scrape the money together to make it perm.?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Sidcuptel[/cite]Any idea what it would cost IF (and I know it's a big if) we could scrape the money together to make it perm.?

Who can tell? We may already have agreed a figure as part of the loan deal but I doubt it.

Reid and Jackson both came on free's as their clubs were happy to release them to get their wages off their books.

Ipswich maybe prepared to do the same who who can tell.

Bit early yet anyway. Like his work effort and he is skillful. Will wait to see how he can harness that alongside other players on a regular basis.
  • Options
    i agree he showed some nice touches and his work rate was good although i felt he cranked it up in his last few minutes on the pitch for effect / knew he was coming off but may be being harsh. Can see why he's maybe got the unfulfilled potential tag - bit like Berbatov at Man U maybe. Out of the two strikers i think Abbot is the bigger revelation. Not as pretty, but very effective. Now he really put it about and was a huge presence. Intelligent use of the ball. Looking forward to seeing him crash a few back stick headers in at the Valley. Think a nippy goalscorer is also needed and may be a better foil for Abbot over the season and Martin will fit in anywhere in the front 6 depending on the opposition / whether we're at home or away.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]
    Based on?

He's repeatedly tried to move on Jonathan Stead (just as an example), but still put him on the team on Saturday. He also recalled Super Kev after Lisbie (who was on a similar deal) and who had said he didn't want to play for him. Eventually he backed down on this, but the fact that he was prepared to do it doesn't back up what you're implying.
    Fair enough, didn't realise he recalled Lisbie.

Still we should have him until at least January and like Henry said let's see how he does over more games. Very early to be saying he's too good for this division. No player we had last season was too good for this league IMO.