Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jagger backs Charlton project

JTJT
edited August 2010 in General Charlton
Current Bun story

Now that's a picture to saviour!

Comments

• Options
    Makes you proud to be Charlton!
  • Options
    Here we go:
  • Options
    Charlton's answer to Girls Aloud?
  • Options
    Is Paul McCartney aware?
  • Options
    seriously, how cool is Pep Guardiola!
  • Options
    As a Dartford boy I always wondered where Jagger's Football sympathies were . Does anyone know ?
  • Options
    Given that he put the mockers on each of the many teams that he was supporting during the World Cup, I hope it's not us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]seriously, how cool is Pep Guardiola!

Almost as cool as Zidane!
  • Options
    Pele's cool has gone down since he started advertising the cock pills.
  • Options
    Have we dropped the Athletic part of our name? Never seems to be any mention of it now, always just have Charlton. I would have thought a campaign like that would have used our full name, same with fixtures and results.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think he is only interested in cricket. Certainly not interested in the mighty Dartford FC. Seem to remember he played a bit of rugby as well at the Dartford grammer.
  • Options
    Slow news day at the Sun as they re-cycle a story from the Trust Website from days ago.

Waste of money blah blah blah, helping "special" groups blah blah blah, why not in Greenwich blah blah blah, collecting awards when we should be saving the club blah blah blah, how much did this cost blah blah blah, could have bought a new forward blah blah blah (continue ignorantly and indefinitely)
  • Options
    This is great for the club and really good exposure

Maybe some Qatari billionaire will pump some money at us
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Here we go:[div id=Attachments_756918 class=Attachments][ul][div]Untitled-1.jpg[/div][/ul][/div]

I want this consortium to take us over.
  • Options
    This should be in the Takeover thread - Mick Jagger to take over ownership of Charlton Athletic after Sir Paul McCartney's deal to take control of the club collapsed. Jagger will appoint Pep Guardiola as Manager who willl persuade Zinedine Zidane to come out of retirement to play a season for the club. Sir Bobby Charlton will leave his role as ambassador at Manchester United to take up the same role with Charlton. Pele will will also act as an intrernational ambassador for Charlton and believes Guardiola is the right man to keep Charlton up.
  • Options
    Can we use this link to get friendlies against Pep's Barca, Zidane to play in cup games, Jagger to provide half time entertainment, Charlton to get the crowds in and Pele to get the crowds up? :D
  • Options
    Give us some of your money Jagger!
  • Options
    Can only think this can give us a positive image to the world outside SE7 and the 'converted'.i.e. people like us.

We need to try and get away from the little Charlton image and build on the excellent work that the trust does, in this country or abroad.

Alway's easy to have a dig at people trying to something positive, but at least they are being pro-active and trying to do something positive.

Wether it is supporting kids in this country in the inner cities or abroad I think Charlton do a great job with the trust projects.

If the Sun want to make snidey comments let them!
  • Options
    Another reason why Charlton Athletic (used that bit of our name too) are a great football club, a club that stands for all that is great in the game and a club that gives something back even if it struggles financially itself.
  • Options
    It's a gas, gas, gas declares Mick ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Slow news day at the Sun as they re-cycle a story from the Trust Website from days ago.

Waste of money blah blah blah, helping "special" groups blah blah blah, why not in Greenwich blah blah blah, collecting awards when we should be saving the club blah blah blah, how much did this cost blah blah blah, could have bought a new forward blah blah blah (continue ignorantly and indefinitely)

I've rarely heard anyone say anything other than really positive things about the Trust. People just seem to assume others will complain. In fact I've heard more people using this statement when they are trying to promote the Trust than people actually basing an argument against it on these reasons.

Look at how much money supporters raise for things like the street violence campaign. How about giving fans the benefit of the doubt?
  • Options
    sorry Harvey but people have and do make these very arguements on here and other message boards and they are quite serious.

A stupid but vocal minority.
  • Options
    I've can confirm I've seen a couple of comments, but generally very isolated and not exactly indefinite. I'm not sure that drawing attention to it to make a point, is helpful. It just gets their backs up when they (may) have re-considered their position on the back of such positive publicity for this and the Upbeats.
  • Options
    In Brazil fans carry pictures of Jagger decked in the opposition team's colours after Jagger supported US, England and Brazil in consecutive games, with each team crashing out of the tournament. Can someone photoshop him out of the picture, it's giving me the fear.