Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What if?..........................

edited August 2010 in General Charlton
This team turns out to be a good en....................We maintain top spot................
Phil Parkinson will start to attract a lot of attention. Let's be honest, if he can completely
reshape the side and get us up it would be a miracle. He may end up getting poached by a higher
club !!!!!!
Maybe then we would wish we had chanted his name ?

Comments

• Options
    ....yeah maybe when Capello leave England eh !

he won't be poached !!
  • Options
    Not until he gets us to the promised land so erm ....

[cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]he won't be poached !!
  • Options
    I think if we get upp he will be quite happy to be with a comparitively big club in the championship with the increased funding we will have and carry on building. Where's he gonna go? Nottingham, Doncaster, Barnsley?
  • Options
    can we worry about that if it ever happens.

all this new found optimism and rose tinted glasses wearing is going to annoy realists like oggy and mascot.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I didn't see the game on Friday but going on the post match comments and the highlights I've seen, the performance was good but lets keep a sense of perspective.

I will happily eat humble pie if he gets us promoted at the end of the season but until then, 2 games are not going to convince me that he is the new messiah!

I think it's safe to say we don't have to worry about him being poached by one of the big clubs just yet!
  • Options
    I'm not getting too worked up with things but, even at this early stage of the season, it's good to be getting the victories and points on the board. What does fill me with optimism is the manner in which we're winning. Down to 10 men each time but playing with a spirit we haven't shown in a while. We are usually regarded as being a bit lightweight but we've been putting ourselves about and most of the new signings seem to be settling in pretty quick. Just seem to get the impression that there seems to be a positive vibe in the dressing room. And not a rose tinted spectacle in sight!!!
  • Options
    If the team continues to perform well we do have to worry about players being poached in January, but I agree it's too early to worry about these things 2 league games in.
  • Options
    You mean because the FA will be looking for an Englishman to take over from Capello? Your damn right I'm worried!
  • Options
    Does this mean we shouldn't want to do well in case our manager is poached?! I'm confused!
  • Options
    Think it'll be a long time off. We're still one of the bigger beasts in this league and I think other clubs would look at Parky's two forays into the CCC. I think if we went up and had half a season of doing well, then we might need to look out. I reckon he's a fairly steady character (although Col U fans may take a different view) and would probably do what he could to replay he club's loyalty so it'd have to be a special offer to turn his head. I'd guess the biggest issue would be the fact that he lives so far away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2 league wins, albeit with 10 men and suddenly the manager is next in line for the England job and we have to worry about our players 'leaving'.....

Great start, but early days yet!
  • Options
    Let's get not get ahead of ourselves, yes we've had a very good start to the season, but then last season we won our first 6 on the spin. Good to be enthusiastic but not too much !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Does this mean we shouldn't want to do well in case our manager is poached?! I'm confused!

Let's just hope that Abbott doesn't score a load of goals or Waggy tear up sides on the wing - they might get poached!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]all this new found optimism and rose tinted glasses wearing is going to annoy realists like oggy and mascot.

Yeah. I'm annoyed.

"Realists", let me remind you, are negative whingeing b*st*ds who can't see beyond the end of their own nose.
    And go round telling everybody else that they are in fact, erm ....."realists"

Mascot and I are merely 'rose tinted'.
  • Options
    Im absolutely FURIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;);)