Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Premier League

edited August 2010 in General Charlton
One word....YAWN !

So Chelski thrash a team at home.
Er Plucky relegation fodder get a "shock" win at Wigan.

Mr Potatoe Chips, Hanson n Shearer on MOD.

Here we go again, YAWN !

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Not quite a yawn for me but I am finding it hard to find nice things to say about a product that I believe is self serving, greedy and is sucking the life blood out of English football.
  • Options
    I saw 20 mins of spurs v man city and th quality of footy was different gravy ...... I know when I get a chance to watch some footy on telly I'll be viewing the premiership rather than the chumpionship or league one ....
    In love with charlton but not blind to reality
  • Options
    The one TV programme I always watch and always will watch is MOTD.
  • Options
    Certainly not Yawn. Ok we all know Chelsea can turn it on against sides that cannot defend (they have Wigan away next week) but it was still good to see the Prem back, the first half of the Spurs match was better than many of the WC games- just lacked a goal whilst Blackpool will make a few headlines this season regardless. As much as I will always be a CAFC fan first, still love to watch the Prem and it remains one of the best leagues.

As for MOTD, predictable but always worth a watch.
  • Options
    Each to their own. May Sky be with you !
  • Options
    Chelsea 6 some other team 0. zzzzzzzzzzzzz How interesting is that ? Not much. The gaps between the top of the premier league and the rest continues to grow. It'll end up like the Scottish Premier league which is a very dull competition, due to the lack of competition. Look at the attendences in Scotland, very low outside the top 2. Who cares whether Man Utd, Chelsea or Man City wins the league ?

I stopped watching the premiership and Match of the Day quite some time ago. I just have no interest in it anymore.

I love football and Charlton, but I can see a day when the anti competitive structure of the premier league and now the championship could drive me away from the game.