Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Easyjet - Cancelling Flights

edited August 2010 in Not Sports Related
I dont know if anyone else has had to cancel flights with any off the budget airlines, however, I just called Sleazyjet and they do not do refunds, Ok I can live with that, but what they dont tell you is that they must refund any taxes, so if you have to cancel make sure you ask for the taxes to be paid back.
Just thought I would let you know!!

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]I dont know if anyone else has had to cancel flights with any off the budget airlines, however, I just called Sleazyjet and they do not do refunds, Ok I can live with that, but what they dont tell you is that they must refund any taxes, so if you have to cancel make sure you ask for the taxes to be paid back.

Try selling them - you pay a fee to change the name but it might be worth it?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]I dont know if anyone else has had to cancel flights with any off the budget airlines, however, I just called Sleazyjet and they do not do refunds, Ok I can live with that, but what they dont tell you is that they must refund any taxes, so if you have to cancel make sure you ask for the taxes to be paid back.

You can claim back the tax, they might charge though.
  • Options
    That's right Guinness.

Lowcost carriers often charge a big admin fee (hidden within t&c's you accept when making the booking). Legally they have to refund taxes but quite often the hassle and admin fee (almost as big as the amount due back) make it unappealing and often pointless.

You can do a name change with Easyjet for £25 each-way plus the difference between the fare when you booked it and the current fare. Often its cheaper to buy a brand new ticket.

Most scheduled flights (BA, Virgin etc) refund airport taxes minus any fuel surcharge. If booked through a travel agent you have to ask for them to refund it because I have worked at places where they break the law and keep it - then again it depends on the terms and conditions you agreed to when booking with that company. There are a lot of dodgy practices going on in travel where you may be told a ticket is non-refundable when it isn't completely. It's a bit shady.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]

You can claim back the tax, they might charge though.
    You can only charge to refund fares not Taxes admin charges can be tricky but a mention of the FSA sometimes helps. Taxes are a legal obligation of the airline to refund. Do not expect travel insurers to refund these as it is not their obligation. I am a travel insurance claims handler for a massive credit card company so if you want any advice please do ask!
  • Options
    SleazyJet and Ripoffair are the lowest of the low and i wouldnt go near either airline.
  • Options
    Very cheap flights. Read the smallprint and you wont get burned. Can`t actually see why people have a problem with this. If you want more flexability then go with a bigger airline and pay more. Simples.
  • Options
    All,
    I dont have a problem with the budget airlines, I knew the flight cost was non returnable, paid 40 sheets each return to Amsterdam, and 2 of our party cannot go due to illness, I just wanted to let people know that you can get your taxes back, but Easyjet will not tell you, you have to ask!!!
  • Options
    I think the gist of this issue was on watchdog a few weeks ago..... The conclusion seemed to be sharp practice, not really the way to convince the public. Yes they do offer value for money, but a no frills should not mean a no responsible management attitude. I think Ryan air will be charging for the actual seat soon.! 'Well you could bring your own sir!' It is all in the small print, on the web, in Gaelic!.... will be the PR persons comment.
  • Options
    From personal experience Ryanair are far worse than Easyjet. Their hidden charges are far more, and theyy do a lot of things that are borderline illegal. For instance their new trick is to charge a £5 (per ticket) web booking fee. Now you can avoid that fee by booking over the phone, which costs more. So they should not be able to advertise a ticket at a price that doesn't include the cheapest possible booking fee. However, they'll probably say that if you walk into their head office on the second tuesday of a month with 30 days, wearing a purple hats and hopping on your left foot, then you can book without any booking fee.
  • Options
    Ken - you are not far short of the mark, I am waiting for the change in rules whereby the weight of a passenger will determine the cost of a ticket, if they can get past the human rights issue I'm sure we are not far away!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]Ken - you are not far short of the mark, I am waiting for the change in rules whereby the weight of a passenger will determine the cost of a ticket, if they can get past the human rights issue I'm sure we are not far away!!

Seems fair to me.

Might cost Medders a bit more to fly anywhere but I'm sure he'll live.