Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Madness in the fast lane.

Iplayer

Did anyone see this last night? Probably the most shocking thing I've ever seen on TV.

So many questions and so few answers.

Comments

• Options
    Yes I did, Dreadful stuff, and as the father of twins even more so........

I am upset but not entirely surprissed by the 2 conditions mentioned, there is a 'bond' beetween twins, not sure that 'genectics' have quite resolved that one yet!

Strange seeing that they use twins as a research tool.
  • Options
    Thought it was fascinating and shocking in equal measure - the scariest thing is that she is due to be released next year.
  • Options
    Yeah - I watched it in morbid fascination. Almost like (if you'll pardon the expression) watching a traffic accident unfold - it feels wrong, but you have to look.

The two conditions mentioned are very controversial - folie a feud in particular is a very sparsely recorded, and highly debated diagnosis.

Compelling viewing.
  • Options
    Bugger - I thought this post was about a forthcoming tour from the Nutty Boys :(
  • Options
    it was all just so bizarre. don't think it really answered anything
  • Options
    There's so much we still don't understand about the human mind, and judging by the way the woman was able to get up and tested negative for drugs, the human body. Fasinating stuff and I'll chuck in the old cliché, well worth the licence fee.
  • Options
    How strange is that,, i have seen the affects of someone who had a bad trip and it was very similar things is it can re ocur this women will offend again nailed on

should have chucked her in the loony bin and thrown away the key same with her sister fooking cukoo
  • Options
    Yes the legal arguments served no one....... as quick as the condition could dissolve it could also 'reignite' again dormante for years. I would have thought that these two should at the least be closely monitored, individually. The American sister if you believe the theory had a control through 'dualled formed insanity': paranoia (fear of her organs being stolen) essentially she was as her defence claimed temporarily mad\insane. When you add the legal systems Alice in wonderland 'legal logic' . She was no longer insane as it was a 'temporary condition' justice was the casualty here. You would have thought that society needed to be protected here above the individual rights of the murderer.I would have thought that an insistance that if they did not comply with internment they were judged 'insane' could have been pursued! . The result was mad, bad, and sad....... for all concerned.
  • Options
    Saw the original footage last year.

Shocking stuff.
  • Options
    Can someone give a brief resume of what the programme was about please.

thanks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was gobsmacked, the way they ran out in front of those cars/lorries, it was sickening. I was amazed that Ursula wasnt charged at all after leaving hospital.....something defiently wasnt right.....I would have thought it was beyond anyone to get up as if nothing had happened, not just once, but twice after being hit by speeding cars and then fight the coppers like some sort of super human as Sabine did....very disturbing to watch and personally dont think there is enough evidence to support either diagnosis....a puff of madness.....no, sorry I cant see that....to me even when she appeared rational, there was a look about her......as for taking her into my house...no, I think after the cigarette episode, Id have been moving her on pronto, or getting the old bill to take her away......really feel for the guys family, the drivers of the various vehicles who had to watch what was happening before there eyes (I bet a few have nightmares about it) and of course the young guy who witnessed Sabine hitting her own head with the hammer....let alone whacking him with a roof tile....unreal, and then jumping off a bridge to oncoming traffic and still survive...... and then to be charged 5 years for manslaughter was a just a travisty of justice....

Its on iplayer if anyone wants to watch it....
  • Options
    It was unreal how they just got up after being flattened. She dented the car roof FFS !
  • Options
    Very strange the whole thing. Total loons if you ask me.
  • Options
    A taped it as I was at Shrewsbury on tues night & watched it last night..........as you say, morbid curiosity !!

Can't believe they released the un-injured one the next day also at her trial didn't (couldn't ?) call her sister as a witness

More to it than meets the eye I'd say - something else going on there........
  • Options
    i remember seeing the footage back in 2008 and thinking how crazy it was then, but that was only half the story!

she puts footballers to shame though. they receive a little kick and roll around on the floor, writhing in agony. she gets hit by two cars, doing about, what 60mph? and she still up and running around, trying to fight off the old bill.