Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thor & Marshall Off, Defender Close

2»

Comments

• Options
    I agree that Bauza and another nippy striker would be just the ticket....it would certainly have me dreaming of promotion....
  • Options
    There's no way we can not have a little quick bloke, Sodje, Abbott, Bauza nor even Tuna fill this slot
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]and no decision yet on Bauza. Not really being fair on him are we.

Aren't we? How do you know that?

As far as I was aware he isn't our player - so why should we be "fair"? Jeez, imagine the uproar if we gave him a contract just because he'd been hanging around the training ground for a few weeks and would be upset if we didn't!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Jeez, imagine the uproar if we gave him a contract just because he'd been hanging around the training ground for a few weeks and would be upset if we didn't!

Exactly what Pardew did for Dean Sinclair.
  • Options
    So if I take my boots and stand outside Sparrows Lane for a month, I'll get a 2 year contract of 3 grand a week? Wowzers, why has no-one told me this before?!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    You'd think Marshall would have spelt out his demands before going on trial. Bit of a waste of time for both parties really....
  • Options
    The four we need are as follows:-
    A goalkeeper
    A centre half with some pace
    A midfield playmaker
    A 25+ centre forward.

Easy
  • Options
    If it is Matt Fry , how long will he join for 6months or a season long loan ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]The four we need are as follows:-
    A goalkeeper
    A centre half with some pace
    A midfield playmaker
    A 25+ centre forward.

Easy

I would say we need an experienced and creative right midfielder/winger and another striker too, in an ideal world anyway.

Personally. I would say we need the right of midfield strengthening as a priority, only behind getting another striker.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Personally. I would say we need the right of midfield strengthening as a priority, only behind getting another striker.

Basically agree with you, Exiled. I'm concerned that we've not replaced Lloyd Sam.

Despite what his detractors say, he brought a special something to the table that we haven't yet replaced.

Waggy doesn't play Sam's tricky possession game or provide an outlet to hold up the ball to relieve pressure on our defence, like Sam did for us. That's not knocking Waggy, because Waggy plays a pacy direct game, like Reid.

But we do need somebody in the squad to play a similar role that Sam played.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Defender signed...
    http://www.charlton-athletic.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=31915&newstype=p
  • Options
    I know it's just a joke and I should be in better humour, but considering how much pressure we are under to pull off a couple of big signings that could make or break our season, stuff like that really fcuks me off
  • Options
    Agreed not funny!
  • Options
    Lighten up ffs, it was just a wind up! It's not life or death!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]I know it's just a joke and I should be in better humour, but considering how much pressure we are under to pull off a couple of big signings that could make or break our season, stuff like that really fcuks me off

kind of agree, an absolutely pointless link to post !!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]because Waggy plays a pacy direct game, like Reid.

But we do need somebody in the squad to play a similar role that Sam played.

I think this is the key thing for me Oggy. I've said many times I think Waggy has a bit to learn yet but I wish him well, but not only is he not quite ready, he's too similar to Reid imo. There's a place for pace, directness and energy in any team, but all sides need a little finesse now and again. Currently only really Racon has that in his locker, although Abbott and maybe Bauza (should he sign) might help with this.

I know many would disagree, but imo when we played our best football at the start of last season it was the touch, control, passing and movement of Burton, Sam, Racon and Shelvey that did the damage (think back to Sam's goal against Brentford). Some matches we're just going to have to batter down the door, but in an ideal world I'd like scope to pick a few locks too and I think we need a player or two more to have that in our game.
  • Options
    I can see Racon starting on the right with Semedo and McCormack in the middle and Reid on the left.....kind of a reverse of last season where our out and out winger was Sam on the right and Bailey sort of 'tucked in' a bit, think Racon could be asked to do that Saturday.
  • Options
    Last time Racon was asked to play wide didn't he throw his toys out of the pram ? Arrogant and not a team player if that was true or repeats itself.
  • Options
    Yeah Racon only wants to play central midfield unfortunately.

We surely need 2 more strikers, otherwise playing 4-4-2 we only have one option for the bench, and with Tuna and Perkins not getting squad numbers I'd imagine we're looking to get them out on loan.
  • Options
    Therry does not like playing on the left but I think hes ok with playing on the right.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Matt Fry played for West Ham reserves today so maybe he wasn't the defender that the SLP thought we were close to signing.