Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky: We're still 4 short

2»

Comments

• Options
    Would bet that Dailly is still faster than Fortune over 10 yards and probably more
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Hope the brainless idiots that boo and hiss at anything remotely un-premiership like keep there gigantic gobs shut while all this re-building is going on.

Hope they just stay away.

Nobody needs their mindless negativity vomiting over everything the team try to do.
  • Options
    I think we should and will sign every one, Mulley, Marshall, Bauza and Norbert, and I think we'll sign another striker on loan too. When he says we need 4 more I reckon he means permanent deals, and then loans will be on top of that, probably a striker and a young centre back (talk of Fry coming back until Christmas)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    Hope they just stay away.

Nobody needs their mindless vomiting over the team .

Now there's an image I didn't need with my hangover, Og. ;-)
  • Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Fry

You would think that WHU would want Fry to get a couple of games this time.

People spoke well of him, when he was around last time March 10 on wards.
  • Options
    Apparently he was still injured, they hoped he would be fit by the end of the season, but had setbacks and niggles, and didn't get up to full fitness by the end.
  • Options
    Is Fry quick though ? (Not when he is injured obviously, but when fit)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Nevermind
    Was just about to post that. He's really just talking about the size of the squad. Get those 4 signings in that he wants and it won't be too bad, and I expect we'll sign the odd loanee if needed.
  • Options
    I would add that that interview sounds like its from a couple of weeks ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's just neagtive spin, we have a half decent squad, and we still have to sign up the trialists and the usual half-arsed loanees
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]I would add that that interview sounds like its from a couple of weeks ago.

Totally agree with Mart. I took the trouble to actually read that Screws of the World link, and it's taken from what Parky said a whole month ago .....!!!

" ......He said: "As the team stands at the moment, with the 13 senior players and the kids, we're not good enough. I'm honest with the supporters and where we stand at the moment you'd have to say a repeat of last season looks unlikely.

How many senior players do we now have in the squad?........count them up.
    We've signed 6 in the last few weeks, 2 of them on Friday.

Old news.
    Talk about lazy hack journalism. Unbelievable.
  • Options
    From being there at that particular interview, I can verify that Parky was indeed only saying the team weren't good enough in the context that they hadn't yet had a chance to build the squad up ahead of the start of the season, and that what was left after the sales and releases wasn't enough to get it done.

The fact that article is from the NOTW should say it all.
  • Options
    Exactly, Mr News Hopper.

We soon rumbled it was old stale news - and because it was so out of date, now totally misleading.

Doesn't that seem to be what the News of the World does best?
    Any old bollox published to sensationalise a story?

That paper should be forced to print a warning to it's readers:
    "Caution: All articles are for your amusement only. Any resemblence to truth is merely co-incidental"
  • Options
    I would like to see Bauza & Marshall sign. Then a RW and another striker.

Still think we need a LB on loan as well whilst Youga is injured and would like to see us take a gamble on Mulley if cheap wages (but not as one of the 4 to come in as he is unlikely to feature a lot in his first year in pro footy.