Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pawel Abbott signs +++++++++ On OS++++++++++

13»

Comments

• Options
    Cheers to the Oldham fans comments, it's always interesting comparing what other fans think. Quite a comparison to Varney... Crewe fans amazed they got anywhere over a million, whilst he'd had one good season. Abbot's scored goals at most clubs he's been at.

You look through his career Afka and he's been able to score goals at teams that don't create and where he doesn't have a partner. It'll be great to see a striker who can dig his feet into the ground and dominate where we will play. Burton was good but he had to drop five-ten yards to set himself up to hold the center half. From what I can understand it looks like this guy can lean into the last defender and turn him or lay it off. What a joy that'll be to watch. Not seen since the days of Hunt and Mendonca.
  • Options
    There was a goalscoring target man with a decent touch available?

Surprised Pardew didn't gazump Parky at the last minute.
    Must have been a well kept secret!

;o)
  • Options
    He appears to be a proven player at the level so on paper a decent signing.

My only real concern is the probability of the well known Charlton injury curse striking given his questionable fitness record but, given our resources or lack thereof, credit to Parky for getting him. McKenzie was a gamble that failed maybe we will get away with this one.
  • Options
    Well, Len .......Abbott made 38 League appearances for Oldham last year.

Nothing questionable about that!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JCartwell[/cite]Oldham are crap. Supporting Oldham is like having a life sentence for a crime I didn't commit. Why was I born there?
    #

Absolutely PMSL .....!!

Me and my mates were saying the same thing in 1980 as Charlton were relegated out of sight.
    No money, no prospects, no hope.

To be fair though Oggy, at least as Charlton is in London there were other things to take your mind off it. Oldham is an absolute bob-hole (no offence JCartwell).
  • Options
    my suspicious hat always comes on when we pick up a bargain for nowt? all the posts have been very positive about Abbott, so why have Oldham let him go, anyone know?
  • Options
    He's bound to fall short of expectations martin.

;o)
  • Options
    give it a rest and move on off_it! I'm just asking if anybody knows anything, I don't know anything about the guy, so my comment wasn't a criticism of him?;->
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sillav nitram[/cite]my suspicious hat always comes on when we pick up a bargain for nowt? all the posts have been very positive about Abbott, so why have Oldham let him go, anyone know?
    Could be a big mistake by a new manager in Dickov.
    Paul Dickov sanctioned the move and explained why he was prepared to lose last season's 13-goal top scorer.

The Latics manager said: "Charlton came in for Pawel and, as I cannot guarantee anybody first-team football, I allowed him to speak to them.

"We are well blessed for strikers as we have Tom Eaves, Ryan Brooke, Lewis Alessandra, Warren Feeney, Dean Kelly and next week I hope to bring in another striker on loan from a Premier League club.

"On behalf of everyone at the club, I would like to wish Pawel all the best for the future."
  • Options
    It smacks of a fall out to me; no love lost between them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]To be fair though Oggy, at least as Charlton is in London there were other things to take your mind off it. Oldham is an absolute bob-hole (no offence JCartwell).

Maybe Offy, but it's only 20/30 minutes into the heart of Manchester.
    Same as Woolwich/Eltham/Welling/Erith into London.

Loads of quality stuff to do/decent nightlife in centre of Manchester.
  • Options
    And we all know what a calm, even-tempered bloke Dickov is - so it must all be Abbott's fault.

By the way, can I be the first to suggest the nickname "Russ" for the bloke?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]To be fair though Oggy, at least as Charlton is in London there were other things to take your mind off it. Oldham is an absolute bob-hole (no offence JCartwell).

Maybe Offy, but it's only 20/30 minutes into the heart of Manchester.
    Same as Woolwich/Eltham/Welling/Erith into London.

Loads of quality stuff to do/decent nightlife in centre of Manchester.

Oh behave - there's no comparison between manchester and London!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Loads of quality stuff to do/decent nightlife in centre of Manchester.

Your still surrounded by dodgy northerners!!
  • Options
    Seems Off_it is now an expert on the shitiness of UK cities...why put (no offence) in brackets after youve slagged someones town off?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sailor[/cite]Seems Off_it is now an expert on the shitiness of UK cities...why put (no offence) in brackets after youve slagged someones town off?

I wouldn't say an "expert" exactly, but I've been to most UK cities and major towns and Oldham ranks right up there with the worst of them. Some nice people up there mind you, just the place is a bit of a dump.

The reason I put "no offence" in brackets was because that's my view but wasn't trying to put the fella down or anything. Judging by the tone of his "why was I born here?" post I wouldn't be surprised if he actually agreed with me.

That good enough for you?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sailor[/cite]Seems Off_it is now an expert on the shitiness of UK cities...why put (no offence) in brackets after youve slagged someones town off?

Have you been to New Cross, Woolwich and Deptford?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Not recently. I've escaped.

;o)
  • Options
    Just watched his vid on Player, seems quite level headed...

He's been there, done that, let's just hope he continues to do it for us..

And seeing as he's half Polish he'll save Murray a fortune in plumbing bills...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JCartwell[/cite]back again.

Charlton are now my second team based on the fact you have Pawel Abbott.

I've always liked Charlton, I'd like them to get back in the Prem with Abbott as their first choice striker.

Oldham are crap. Supporting Oldham is like having a life sentence for a crime I didn't commit. Why was I born there?

The thing that makes this more gutting is that we let him leave because Dickov doesn't rate him. I'd be less gutted if you just bought him off us for a fee that we couldn't turn down like 300k (which is what he's worth). We did the same last season with Lee Hughes, he was happy to sign for us again for less than what Notts County were offering but we didn't want him and then he banged in like 25 goals for Notts County, but Lee Hughes was at tit, Abbott's a cool guy.

Cheers for the remarks and best of luck for next season, lived with a couple of oldham lads when I was at university and even made the trip with them for a horrific 0-0 midweek at Belle Vue a few years back... always look out for their results
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    true on alot of fans , old clubs and new rating him... hes got his own facebook page....

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6971947090
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Whilst not a goal, this is a piece of phenomenal skill. Check this out:

Abbott
  • Options
    Loved the little backflick he did to waggy in the seccond half, that was class
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Stefco[/cite]Whilst not a goal, this is a piece of phenomenal skill. Check this out:

Abbott

Already posted .....post number 19 on this same thread!
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHijWiRTE4Q&feature=related
    />
    nice goal.. very nice goal...

Already posted .....post number 20 on this same thread!

Plagiarism!! My posts are copyright you know, Grrrr! ........(goes storming off in a bit of a huff)

:o)