Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things you do cos they dont support Charlton

i know im 50 but cant help being a kid... but every morning i have to hid the Nigel supporters mug ( says im an Eagle on it ! ) at work at the back of the all the rest in the cupboard and snigger every day as he moans .......anyone else to petty things like that

Comments

• Options
    Things? Or thinks?

I put my foot down when I see someone crossing the road with a palace shirt on....

Joke ;)
  • Options
    Cray that should not be a joke but standard
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Cray that should not be a joke but standard

Had to be put there for legal reasons. You know what thes nigels are like leftbehind
  • Options
    yes very true
  • Options
    My mate is a spud supporter. When we was younger and went round his house, anything with the badge on got a bogey wiped all over it when he werent looking. We thought it was hilarious.
  • Options
    I've been known to purposely tailgate cars with Palace or Millwall stickers in the back window....
  • Options
    I have to do the spitting motion ( ala spit the dog) when saying the C P words .
  • Options
    Slightly different for me being Irish so no Palace fans to contend with, but lots of Utd, Chelsea supporters etc, if I'm drunk I just start singing Valley Floyd Road or Red, Red Robin, some clubs play You'll Never Walk Alone when closing so I'll sing one of those 2 songs as loud as I can.
  • Options
    Bit more harsh but there was a palace sticker on this fellas locker at work well it wasn't locked so I filled he's work boots up with water and of course ripped the sticker off lol .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]I have to do the spitting motion ( ala spit the dog)

Done this several times when driving past shithurst and if it was the night before a game, palace always lost (well, nearly always)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: siblers[/cite]Slightly different for me being Irish so no Palace fans to contend with, but lots of Utd, Chelsea supporters etc, if I'm drunk I just start singing Valley Floyd Road or Red, Red Robin, some clubs play You'll Never Walk Alone when closing so I'll sing one of those 2 songs as loud as I can.[/quote]

Are you the fella I met when we came over from USA about 6 years ago and played Ryannair ? Not too many Charlton fans in Dublin ]
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: siblers[/cite]Slightly different for me being Irish so no Palace fans to contend with, but lots of Utd, Chelsea supporters etc, if I'm drunk I just start singing Valley Floyd Road or Red, Red Robin, some clubs play You'll Never Walk Alone when closing so I'll sing one of those 2 songs as loud as I can.

They sound like crap nightclubs. What self-respecting Irish nightclub doesn't finish with either the national anthem or don't stop believin'? ;-)

Palace and Millwall, just sympathy. That's all I have for them.

"Big 4" fans are great to wind up. Mention recent results, say they're going to be knocked out of Europe, ask about their debt situation. More often than not, you can get away with winding them up without Charlton ever coming into it. If they go defensive, all you have to say is 'you picked your team because they were at the top of the table, right, so when your team goes on a losing streak, do you switch to someone else?'

I've only been wound up once, by a West Ham fan last year right after the Sullivan and Gold takeover. I'd had a lot to drink, and I just couldn't take the arrogance of him. Lesson learned.
  • Options
    Mate of mine used to give the finger to Millwall's ground as he went past it on a packed train every morning.

Same bloke also introduced me to "hiding" Palace video's if you came across them in HMV or somewhere - I.e moving them to a non-sport section - and also turning around their kits on display in sports shops.

Life is all about small victories.
  • Options
    I pretty much do the same. Always turn/look away when going past that heap on the way to London Bridge, or it's two fingers when driving past either ground.

If I'm in a Waterstones or something similar and I see a book on Palace (can't remember ever seeing a book about the spanners, can any of them read anyway?), then it get's placed behind another book, pathetic I know. Also, I don't tend to make too many casual acquiantances, but if it turns out they are Palace or Millwall it prompts an instant, irrational, dislike of them. This is very small-minded but true.

It's very easy to turn on anyone who claims to support one of the bigger teams because more often than not they are incredibly patronising when you say you support Charlton. But that's banter for you...
  • Options
    The day after we got beaten by Spurs to send us down, was making tea for the lads at work. Had been given stick by a Chelski bloke. Whilst washing the cups, his fell to the floor and smashed. Told him that I wouldn't have to look at his sad Chelsea mug or the thing he drank out of.
  • Options
    anything to do with milwall and i think c u next tuesday s ...always turn a blind eye if near their ground (not next season tho, shameful them in league above us )
  • Options
    the pub i drink in is 80% millwall.
    after their play off victory they put up some photos above 1 section of the bar.
    i have still not explained to the barmaids why, even when the place is empty, i make them serve me as far away from that area.