Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You think we've got it bad

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jul/25/portsmouth-pre-season-football

Portsmouth pre season is turning into a joke

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jul/25/portsmouth-pre-season-football

Portsmouth pre season is turning into a joke

Not sure I'd very happy to read they are on tour in the US if they owed me money!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Oh ouch

as i said before, its not fair on there fans, must be going through a hard time, but weve been there and done that so we know how there feeling

but as points mentioned below, why are they going to america if there skint? thats askings for problems
  • Options
    Hope they rot, always had an irrational hatred of Pompey. Just another club that tried to buy success and failed, sod them I say.
  • Options
    There are worse clubs out there
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Well said Bournemouth'!

I too am very surprised that a club in so much debt, can ship its squad to the USA for 2 weeks.

They should be looking to trim any excess expense. They must still be stuck in a Premier League mindset/fairy land.
  • Options
    I thought that Clubs like Man U made money out of these tours maybe Pompey will too
  • Options
    Sorry but why on earth ar they going on a tour to am er ka if they are so skint!! Planks!!
  • Options
    What Bournemouth said were did the money come from
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]I thought that Clubs like Man U made money out of these tours maybe Pompey will too

United make the money through selling merchandise plus the MLS will be paying them a fair bit to go there and play. I think they rotate it year on year so they go to the US one year then Asia the next.
    I can't imagine many Americans are rushing out to buy Pompey shirts, nor will they be getting anywhere near as much appearance money as United will be.