Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Shutter island

Anyone seen it, fck mine, what a film.

Comments

• Wrong category!

Where's AFKA and the Mod Squad ......???

;o)
  • Very much enjoyed it. Excellent acting, brilliant visuals, great story. Recommend to anyone who hasn't seen it.

Scorsese is kicking arse these days. I didn't think he'd be able to top The Departed.
  • Watched it twice, first time I have done that with a film, well other than fight club and matrix and I'm still none the wiser. I didn't watch this twice because I didn't understand it though. Don't want to say to much for people who haven't seen it.

You do have to stick with until about 1/2 way though.

Haven't seen the departed. Will have a butch.
  • Chunes, are you saying Shutter Island is better than the Departed?
  • I liked it, DiCaprio turning into a fine actor
  • [cite]Posted By: kimbo[/cite]I liked it, DiCaprio turning into a fine actor

Think he is superb. First film i saw him in was Whats eating gilbert grape (turned out the milf was) and he was great in that playing his character so convincingly i actually didnt think it was acting.

Great twist in shutter island that made the one in usual suspects seem telegraphed and was quite disturbing and thought provking.
  • I think Leo has always been a fine actor, had a couple of poor roles but which actor hasn't? Was watching Gangs of New York last night, another superb Scorsese/Di Caprio link up although he was outshone by Daniel Day Lewis in that, great film.

As for Shutter Island I enjoyed it but I did see that twist coming after about the first 20 mins, does sort of spoil a film when you work it out before the end.
  • [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]I think Leo has always been a fine actor, had a couple of poor roles but which actor hasn't? Was watching Gangs of New York last night, another superb Scorsese/Di Caprio link up although he was outshone by Daniel Day Lewis in that, great film.
    As for Shutter Island I enjoyed it but I did see that twist coming after about the first 20 mins, does sort of spoil a film when you work it out before the end.

Really?
    I know he was nominated for an Oscar and stuff, but I thought Lewis's performance to be really hammy.
  • The first film I have ever been able to watch all the way through with Di Caprio in.

I usually find Di Caprio irritating to watch, BUT, this film was really good (as was Di Caprio). The twist was, to me, a tad obvious (as mentioned above), BUT never-the-less still gripping.

I am looking forward to the DVD release to watch again.

Has anyone seen 'Predators' yet? Any good?
  • edited July 2010
    I watched it last night - great film. Twist was obvious - but liked the twist right at the end. Great acting all-round, directing superb. Not exactly ground-breaking (elements of lots of other films in there) but really enjoyable. I actually quite like DiCraprio. Think he has a pretty decent range - but Kingsley was awesome in this (as he pretty much always is).

Excellent film. Michelle Williams is f***ing lovely as well (drools)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2010
    sh*t, sorry. Edited my post as it may have contained a spoiler.
  • edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]Chunes, are you saying Shutter Island is better than the Departed?

Mehhhh don't know. Maybe I said that because I've seen The Departed 324412394812 times and its charm is beginning to wear off.
  • It was above average I thought, but for me not a classic, can't recall why though sorry... :)
  • Really enjoyed it and was impressed by DiCaprio. Didn't know anything about the film and watched it when a German guest gave me the DVD (good copy) as he thought I'd like it even though he would have had no idea in my taste in films. I'm glad he did as it's not something I would normally have chosen.
  • believe it or not, my gf called out the ending about half-way through the flick. Kinda ruined it for me...
  • I really enjoyed it.
    Took a few twists and turns, some more predictable than others.

Part of it was filmed about 15 miles from me and at shuttered school in Taunton, Massachusetts.

There is no real island like that off the coast of Boston.
  • Loved the twist, he is a ghost and is already dead that's how the boy sees him ;-)
  • yeah but what about 12 monkeys, same actor, says I see dead people, weird..
  • Kaiser soze did it..
  • I hated it.