Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Open Golf

2»

Comments

• what and Ewen Murray is better piss off, Ken Brown over any sky commentator.

Rich Beem is the best commentator on sky, he has been great on the US coverage.
    Plus Butch Harmon is a dude and is still deeply involved in the inner workings of the game. Claude Harmon's analysis is great as well.
  • Hate the smugness of Ken Brown.
  • what and Ewen Murray is better piss off, Ken Brown over any sky commentator.

Rich Beem is the best commentator on sky, he has been great on the US coverage.
    Of the on-course commentators Ken Brown is quality, but recently Wayne Riley is starting to show he is also up to the task
  • BBC are a joke, for reasons as mentioned above by others, but as a non sky subscriber I'll miss being able to watch it as readily. However Ken brown pissing around with a rubber duck in the swilken burn this year was embarrassing. Add to that the fact my utter hatred for bbc using presenters like Andrew cotter from other sports, shows a complete lack of respect for the job of broadcasting a great outing event.
  • I have two tickets for British Masters next Thursday if anyone wants them (free).
  • Those who have a go at the BBC should tutn their fire on the tories. The BBc are trying toplacate the Tories who believe no state funded organisation should be allowed to compete with the so called private sector, in this case their mates at Sky TV who help fund the paarty and give them jobs after they leave parliament.
    given this, the tories are still trying to dismantle the BBC and Channel 4.
  • Got a couple of tickets for The Open at Troon in a couple of weeks, just going for the one day but gonna stay over on the Friday night. Anyone been/is it any good?

Don't consider myself a golfer but do dabble occasionally at shooting wildly over the ('maximum') 28 handicap, and thought it'd be something different.
  • Not been to Troon but you’ll have a wonderful day. I don’t think there are any other sports where you can see all of the world’s best in one day, and although tickets seem expensive you can be in there for 15 hours.

One of the great things about watching golf is that you can do exactly what you want. You can run around after one group trying to get good spots, watch a few groups you like pass then return to the first, or sit in a nice spot watching the world go by, beer in hand. You’ll get a far better grasp on just how good they are too, even the ones you’ve not heard of.

Anyway, enjoy! And take lots of cash for the exorbitant food and drink prices.
  • I fly up on the Wednesday morning, afternoon golf then spend the day at Troon on Thursday for the first round. I'm then playing golf Friday morning before heading home late Friday afternoon. Do it every year. Love The Open.