Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

pubs in majorca showing game saturday!?!?!

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
I'm arriving in north majorca about the same time we kick off on saturday, so i'm hoping to get to a pub by half time to catch the 2nd half. i don't suppose anyone is itk about the area?

our villa is in porta pollensa and my dad, brother, les_says and myself are keen to catch the game if we can!!
(mum and bro's g/f aint so chuffed)

any one got a link to one of those football on telly sites would be fab! thanks!

Comments

• very english there, you're likely to get to see it.

Pub i was in on Sat had the Charlton game, the Arsenal game, the Newcastle game and a rugby game on at the same time.
  • sounds good then, well, not that it'll be full of english, but that we'll get to see it.
    don't like going abroad and it being like a hot sidcup high street with a beach.

i was in liverpool at the weekend trying to watch the game over a load of everton fan singing songs and wondering why we were so engrossed in the game on the telly!some dodgy norweigan channel that kept on losing signal and going blank at any moment, made it very frustrating, but better than not seeing the game at all
  • the worst is watching a game that doesn't have the commentary on.

We had to change bars at HT as the one we was in kept losing its signal (it was on a Morrocan channel). The second pub was going with the commentary of the Arsenal game.

So you get the embarrassing momment with me screaming the house down and jumping up and down when Bent equalised, only to find 10 seconds later its been disallowed :-(
  • the one i was in had chelsea v charlton as the main game with arsenal v boro with the sound turned down... lol.
    dan we did the jump up and down too even with the sound up. but JFH really confused us by not celebrating his goal, we thought that one had been disallowed so was delayed celebration.

just walk along the main drag suzi and look for the sky sports logo in one of the bars...
  • Don't know about Porto Pollensa, but Alcudia is a few minutes away and the Linekers there will certainly have it on. Head over the little bridge and it's up a turning on the left shortly after.
  • Although thinking about it - did Lineacre's brother get in trouble for financial 'irregularities' so his bars may be no more? I'm sure someone must have frequented a Linekers over the summer if they still exist?
  • edited September 2006
    Linekers is still live and kicking in Puerto Banus as of last week !!! - so i'm sure the one in Alcudia will be fiine