Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nightmare Journeys to a game but wished you had not bothered

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
mine would be WBA a couple of years back, i live in Southend am in my earlier 20yrs (Thamesmead Reject) had been out to a club in southend on a friday night, woke up with a monster hangover crawled out of my pit to the train staion only for someone to be hit on the tracks and train delayed, heard the cheer of there first goal as running to the ground and got to my seat just in time to see el kak sent off and see them muller as 4 v 1.

Comments

• Options
    click link

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=670&page=1
  • Options
    Oxford United 1984/5. Got train to Oxford, which turned up at 2.30 and thought it can't be far too walk....ended up legging it to the ground....turned up at 3.05 then instantly went 1 down...Lost 5-0 and we were totally hammered.
  • Options
    Spurs at Home first season up- midweek evening game lost 0.4, i think, Ginola tore us to shreds, 3.5 hrs travelling due to terrible traffic all the way around the North Circ and Blackwall tunnel- chucked it down as well meaning had to sit through it sopping wet. Then 3 days later went up to Goodison and we lost by the same score and had to watch the scousers celebrating staying up whilst knowing that the week had pretty well sent us down!

Not my best ever footballing week!
  • Options
    Grimsby in about Nov 9, shat ground, shat game and the blokes I was with (I was about 14) got battered on the walk back to the car. Someone commented on the size of the sausage in batter in the chip shop and the locals took it the wrong way and followed us back to the car and gave us(them) a hiding. I was on my toes as not much a 14 yo can do against 4 northerners built like shat houses.
    Ended up in Grimsby General hospital until about 11 at night because it was fireworks night and we kept getting put to the back of the queue.
    After that we had to stop at very fckuing service station home so the driver could rest as he was suffering from concusion.

Oh yeah, we lost 1-0 an all. effing hated Grimsby after that.
  • Options
    Early 70's, Away to Port Vale. Went on Lewis's coaches in driving snow. Took about eight hours to get there and when we arrived the game was called off. Took another twelve hours to get home.
  • Options
    i was at that grimsby game. i bought an orange beefburger that bounced 8 times on the terrace when i threw it. never forget that, don't remember much about the game though.