Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football Training Ideas

Looking to pick the brains of the guys on here who play & train regularly - I need some good practise drills for the team I am coaching - any particularly good ones you do or have done. We have a big game on Thursday, following on from a real; battle earlier today- we have a 2 hour training session on Tuesday, I need some ideas for drills that emphasise technique but not too much cardio..........

Comments

• Options
    Look no further than insidesoccer.com
  • Options
    Running Running & more running, you can never be too fit.

The Bleep test is a simple exercise to improve stamina.
  • Options
    acadameysoccer.com
    insidsoccer.com
    gassrootscoaching.com
    that is enough for anyone
    good luck
  • Options
    Loosen up: stretching limbs and muscles, touching toes...

Warm-up: running on the spot, windmills etc...

Muscle building: sit ups, push ups etc...

Shuttles: short bursts of speed...

Laps: running the perimeter (everyone hates this) and all of the above can be incorporated into the laps...

Ball work: passing, trapping, shooting, free kicks, corners...

Small sided games: marking, positions, formation...

Goalkeeper: Saving, catching, organising defence etc...

End game: put into practice what you've just learnt...

Warm down: slow jog, few loosen up exercises...

Shower, pub, takeaway, bed...
  • Options
    What you should do is name your goalkeeper 10 minutes before the game, pick a forward who can't score goals, two central defenders with no pace and a midfield who can't even trap the ball! Works for Capello! Just the £6m a year!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I have 3 Olympic (Cross Country Ski) Athletes in my team - for once fitness isn't a problem!! A couple of them played for us at 2pm yesterday after competing in a triathlon in the morning!!!

The other cycled 60kms to get to the game............

ps - thanks for all the tips as well, much appreciated.
  • Options
    all players in a penalty box size area. 2 teams. 2 touch. Every 5 passes is a goal. Do this alot its great for movement and comunication.
  • Options
    We used to play you could touch the ball as many times as you wanted but you could only score with your first or second touch, helps to improve finishing skills....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carlsberg[/cite]all players in a penalty box size area. 2 teams. 2 touch. Every 5 passes is a goal. Do this alot its great for movement and comunication.

yes - this an excellent one, we do this a lot