Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Racon to Palace

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Have Palace been taken over yet?

Yes.
  • Options
    Palace have signed James Harper on a free from Sheff. Utd.

Good signing!
  • Options
    Racon is talented although I certainly agree with Dan that Racon needs to step up to the plate and be more effective this season, but I will be gutted if he goes - sensibly or not, I am pinning my hopes of a top 6 finish on Parky having a team based on him and Semedo (plus a 50 goal a season striker).
  • Options
    if by letting Racon go guarantees Semendo staying, then i can live with that. but we should be asking for some money though. even if it's just £250k, as that would pay a few player's wages for the year.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stebo[/cite]even if it's just £250k, as that would pay a few player's wages for the year.

The wages of 2 first teamers, maybe.

Or 1 first teamer and 3 young reserves....?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite](plus a 50 goal a season striker).

LOl, we'd probably start moaning about his inability to track back....

Don't know if any truth in this, wouldn't be surprised though can't realistically see it being on a free. Expect him to be one of our higher earners, but not to the extent we would give him away just to get him off the books. They can have McClown on a free though !
  • Options
    Thought palace were under a transfer embargo still - for at least another month until the CVA is completely resolved and get out time clauses are finished with. If so they won't be in a position to actually bring in anyone for some time and will be rubbish again next season - why would Racon want to go there when he can stay with us and be guaranteed a start every game next year cause we only have 11 players.
  • Options
    Racon will be on chump ship wages, so a free might not be so bizarre
  • Options
    I Know a relation of burleys and whereever he has been as a manager i have found out a few bits out. Last night I had a text saying palace are interested in racon and they can have him for nothing. The only inside info i have in football is via burley. I hope its not true.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]Thought palace were under a transfer embargo still - for at least another month until the CVA is completely resolved and get out time clauses are finished with. If so they won't be in a position to actually bring in anyone for some time and will be rubbish again next season - why would Racon want to go there when he can stay with us and be guaranteed a start every game next year cause we only have 11 players.

Palace are free to sign anyone, they can't register them with the league until they're officially granted the licence.

My understanding though is that Burley is looking at free's and possible loans, so if a high fee was required for Racon, I'd be surprised if it were to happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    he showed promise but no where near consistent enough and possibly the wrong sort of player for us, so might not be a bad thing
  • Options
    Technically we're already signing players but I don't know the rules on signing players currently under contract.

Would be pretty happy with this, I don't expect it to happen but we need to build a squad and Harper and Racon would be great additions.
  • Options
    FFS. Just read this thread, having returned from taking my lad to look round a distant university. Any more of this kind of news/rumours and I'll be mildly disappointed/ have the screaming bloody abdabs.
  • Options
    the figures on ave wages are much less than is normally assumed
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: redman[/cite]the figures on ave wages are much less than is normally assumed
    Are they though? The annual report the club releases at the end of the year includes the total spent on wages. In 2009 it was something like over £15m, and most of that surely comes from the players.