Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hodgson to Liverpool....

Now there's a surprise...

Comments

• Options
    .....and Curbs favourite to replace him at Fulham.
  • Options
    As long as he remembers the gwass isn't always gweener on the otherside, I hope he dosnt end up cwying into his beer. England would be a better move but FA don't have the balls to sack cappello.
  • Options
    If the current England Players dont respect Capello, why would they respect Hodgson?
  • Options
    The current england players should never wear the 3 lions again so would be a fresh start, going off topic now. Hodge has managed aboard but physco would get my vote.

Back on topic, its a risky move for a senior manager. Hope he is a fan of jonjo and gives him a chance.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]The current england players should never wear the 3 lions again so would be a fresh start, going off topic now. Hodge has managed aboard but physco would get my vote.

Back on topic, its a risky move for a senior manager. Hope he is a fan of jonjo and gives him a chance.[/quote]

Agreed, we should have done that from 2008 onwards when we werent in the Euros.
    Only Milner, Hart, Dawson, Lennon should survive from that squad.
  • Options
    No way is joining England a better move for a manager than Liverpool.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]
    Back on topic, its a risky move for a senior manager.
    Or... they sack him and he walks away with two years' bumper cash bonanza and either gets a job somewhere like Fulham or has a well earned and comfy retirement as one of the few media pundits worth listening to. Being sacked as a football manager is a much sweeter deal than it is for us
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]Or... they sack him and he walks away with two years' bumper cash bonanza and either gets a job somewhere like Fulham or has a well earned and comfy retirement as one of the few media pundits worth listening to.

Indeed. Going to Liverpool at his age, especially if he's reasonably successful, should be the pinnacle of his career.
    Otherwise, surely he wouldn't be prepared to leave what he's built at Fulham .....?

He's a football man and he'll be going there for football reasons, but the cash he'll earn at Liverpool means a very nice retirement fund. Can't see him going anywhere else.

And occasional prestige media punditry afterwards is a nice way to keep his hand in.
  • Options
    No fan of the Scousers but hope Hodgson goes and does well.

Would be great to see an English manager succeed at a big club.
  • Options
    Really hope he does well there, the bin-dippers aren't my favourite club in the world but I have an awful lot of time for Hodgson - a rarity in English football as a manager who was willing to look beyond the English Channel and go and learn how the rest of the world (or at least some of it) does things. Seems a genuine and nice guy too.

Unfortunately he's only getting the Liverpool job because of their financial state and that will doubtless make it all the harder for him there.

Personnaly I'd have liked to see him replacing Capello and taking a holistic approach to restructuring youth development in England, but maybe there will still be time for that after 4 or 5 years at Anfield.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    just signed Joe Cole on a 4 year deal
  • Options
    Liverpool haven't done badly really. They've basically got Joe Cole AND 5.5m from Chelsea for Benayoun.
  • Options
    The umour was that he wanted £100K a week at Chelsea and they said no. Presumably he's getting somewhere near that at Liverpool, for a club in financial difficulties that's a lot to fork out.
  • Options
    I actually think Fulham will have done quite well with Hodgson leaving if they do get Jol in, not sure where Hodgson could have gone next with Fulham but I think with Jol they got themselves a better manager.
  • Options
    Hodgson out by Christmas, Fulham go down.
    If Curbs couldn't get the Fulham job then I can not see him ever getting a Prem job before he takes on and succeeds at a lower club.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Hodgson out by Christmas, Fulham go down.
    If Curbs couldn't get the Fulham job then I can not see him ever getting a Prem job before he takes on and succeeds at a lower club.[/quote] i knownwhat you mean. I wonder if mrs curbs would let him do a mclaren ad go to scandanavia / holland. I think that could be a good alternative for him.
  • Options
    Even tho there oppents are bobbins, playing some lovely stuff tonight very old school liverpool. Joe cole has been outstanding.
  • Options
    agree with that, Cole will be a class signing - is Jonjo on the bench at all ?
  • Options
    JJ is not in the squad at all...
  • Options
    Agree the oppo were toilet but impressed with some of Liverpools play. Early days but Hodgson seems to have signed well and maybe they will not be so far from the top3-4 as they were last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    porr old Shelvey..............just like Scotty Parker, he signs for a club and within a couple of months they bring in a new manager and *puff* - his career has gone backwards.

If he can't get into an 16 man squad, when theyt are playing a 2nd rate team , at home and leading 2-0 from the ist leg, then he aint going to get into many.

perfect game to be introduced to the Liverpool faithful.................just not going to happen this season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]porr old Shelvey..............just like Scotty Parker, he signs for a club and within a couple of months they bring in a new manager and *puff* - his career has gone backwards.

If he can't get into an 16 man squad, when theyt are playing a 2nd rate team , at home and leading 2-0 from the ist leg, then he aint going to get into many.

perfect game to be introduced to the Liverpool faithful.................just not going to happen this season.

Yeah poor old Shelvey cant get in the team with Gerrard and Cole playing.....Career gone backwards my arse. You are an absolute plum. He couldn't get in the Charlton team ahead of Racon and I know who i would rather be behind in the pecking order. Christ you talk some shit at times, did you see the football they played tonight? Thats what he's learning now. Not how to watch the ball be hoofed over your head from defence to the forwards. Backwards dear oh dear oh dear
  • Options
    That's probably right to be fair.

Still, I was surprised that he wasn't in the squad since the game should have been a run-out for them.
  • Options
    I think there right if he thinks he is going to play at least 20 games this season this is the game he should be at least on the bench to be honest!!
  • Options
    I watched Jonjo played alongside Gerrard at Bo-Gladbach and he looked like his twin in style....must be gutting not playing behind Akpo Eusebio and Mooney.

Career gawn backwards.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Donvito[/cite]I think there right if he thinks he is going to play at least 20 games this season this is the game he should be at least on the bench to be honest!!

He played 86 minutes on sunday in a match where he covered 9.92 miles, do you not think Liverpool have a large enough squad not to want to burn a youngster out in the first few weeks. Has for golfie and his career gone backwards...If he never kicks another ball for liverpool first team again he has done something many of us will never do. He as lived his dream, have you? You keep likening him to Parker but what division were Charlton in when he left not to be played again? Well is that the same as being in division 3 and being told by the manager you wont be played? No i dont think so, i'm guessing this is all because he didn't wave properly to you once when he came off. Christ get a life he is far better off now than he would have been staying at Charlton.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]he signs for a club and within a couple of months they bring in a new manager and *puff* - his career has gone backwards.

Now golfy can correct me if I'm wrong here, but I read this to mean that his career has gone backwards between when he signed for Liverpool and when Hodgson became manager, because he was a 'Benitez player'.

Whether that statement is true or not is another debate, but it's hugely different to what you lot are saying.

Deep breaths, people.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]he signs for a club and within a couple of months they bring in a new manager and *puff* - his career has gone backwards.

Now golfy can correct me if I'm wrong here, but I read this to mean that his career has gone backwards between when he signed for Liverpool and when Hodgson became manager, because he was a 'Benitez player'.

Whether that statement is true or not is another debate, but it's hugely different to what you lot are saying.

Deep breaths, people.

Under Hodgson he played along side his idol its not different at all. His career has gone forward cos i cant for the life of me imagine that happening if he had stayed at charlton.....Unless of course they were planning to buy Gerrard
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]

Deep breaths, people.

Under Hodgson he played along side his idol its not different at all. His career has gone forward cos i cant for the life of me imagine that happening if he had stayed at charlton.....Unless of course they were planning to buy Gerrard

*head explodes*

Charlton is neither here nor there to what Golfaddick said, as I read it. He's talking about his Liverpool career between when he signed and now. He may be wrong, I don't care, but Charlton is completely irrelevant to what he said.

*waits for another post digging out Charlton*

Deep breaths, people.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]

Deep breaths, people.

For someone that "dont care" you seem to be going to a lot of trouble explaing someone else's comments when i'm sure they are capable of doing so themselves. You do not know what golfie meant and to be honest i cant see what your point is. You just seem to like giving your opinoin so if you dont mind i will ignore it just like i will ignore your cheap little remark about me digging out Charlton. That way we will all get on a bit better

*head explodes*

Charlton is neither here nor there to what Golfaddick said, as I read it. He's talking about his Liverpool career between when he signed and now. He may be wrong, I don't care, but Charlton is completely irrelevant to what he said.

*waits for another post digging out Charlton*

Deep breaths, people.