Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Paraguay v Japan

Paraguay go through 5~4 on pens. 0-0 after 120 mins.

Comments

• Options
    Most boring match so far, pens were good though.
  • Options
    glad Japan lost. Made almost no effort to win the game.

At least Paraguay pushed forward occasionally.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
  • Options
    Actually think Paraguay will give Spain or Portugal a decent game despite the pundits on ITV thinking whoever wins tonight is guaranteed a semi final spot.

Paraguay have plenty of attacking talent, surprised Cordozo (the Benfica guy) has not been used more. If they are more forward thinking against Spain/Portugal- who knows, maybe there could be a shock.
  • Options
    hoping this world cup will kick on but its bloody boring
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]hoping this world cup will kick on but its bloody boring

You are so wrong. Been a great tournament other than England stinking the place out.

Some great football from Argentina and Uruguay, Brazil steamrolling sides, Germany getting better, Holland cruising through, Spain hot and cold, Ghana working hard.

No obvious winner and a few upsets.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Actually think Paraguay will give Spain or Portugal a decent game despite the pundits on ITV thinking whoever wins tonight is guaranteed a semi final spot.

Paraguay have plenty of attacking talent, surprised Cordozo (the Benfica guy) has not been used more. If they are more forward thinking against Spain/Portugal- who knows, maybe there could be a shock.

Agree Dan, pressurised Slovakia right up the pitch and did a job on Italy. Good side.
  • Options
    each to their own henry ,plenty people i have watched the games with feel the same,low scoring games,no major comebacks,the stars not really shining,hopefully it will kick on with games like germany v argentina,something amazing sure to happen,enough of these 1 0 games,and as for the crowd noise,non existant because of those friggin horns.
  • Options
    i'm with you Nolly, i think i can count on one hand the number of good games i've seen. A couple of Argentina games, Slovakia 3 Italy 2, Brazil v Chile, Spain v Chile 1st half, Uruguay v south Korea. i'm struggling to think of many others off the top of my head.
  • Options
    I agree with nolly too, especially regarding comebacks. I'm trying to remember a game where a team has come from behind to win. USA did do it but it's not actually in the record books due to another awful refereeing decision.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    at least henry is loving it.