Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Curbs - England Manager

edited June 2010 in General Charlton
Anyone know if Curbs was a c t u a l l y interviewed for the England Managers job ?

Comments

• Know he had meetings with them as it was all over the papers at the time
  • yes, I'm sure he confirmed he was
  • Yes he was before the wally with the brolly took over along with Allardyce, Scolari and O'Neil. Linked with Fulham at the moment.
  • Absolutely nailed on for Fulham I reckon.

Suits him and them perfectly.
  • Bit of a cup team these days fulham so may not be for him.
  • [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Absolutely nailed on for Fulham I reckon.

Konch will be gutted.
  • Don't think he'd be interested in England. Didn't seem very happy in his autobiography about how the FA dealt with him at his interview.
  • [cite]Posted By: MrLargo[/cite]Don't think he'd be interested in England. Didn't seem very happy in his autobiography about how the FA dealt with him at his interview.

Don't think they'd be interested in him either. Different people in charge at The FA from back then though.
  • [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Absolutely nailed on for Fulham I reckon.

Sounds about right.
  • Have not read Curbs autobiography - at one stage he was being touted as something like "The next natural England Manager", even when Charlton Manager ....

Might be interseting to compare and contrast "The FA" managers then, the Sven Years to now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Curbishley had two interviews for the job with the FA top brass, including Barwick.

He said in his book that he felt the first interview went well but that after the second interview he knew he was out of the running.
  • Fulham the perfect job for him. Like us - except for their crap ground and even worse support! Get them into Europe (again), win them FA Cup and become England boss when we fail to qualify for Euros!
  • I'd be really pleased if he got Fulham. Would never manage to have coped with the media attention of the England job, did a wobbly when they caught him coming away from Bill's house,following first meeting with Barwick.
  • Problem with Fulham is that he will probably not be able to replicate what Hodgson has done, nevertheless Fulham fans are probably more forgiving than some of those at West Ham and surely they'd be intelligent enough to keep their expectations realistic Sure if he can keep Fulham upper mid table, perhaps with a domestic cup run or two it should be enough to stop any doubters.

Koncheskeys move to Brum would be a lot more probable though.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]perhaps with a domestic cup run or two

ahahaha!!
  • they just got to a european cup final,i think curbs might have to up the game in the cups for them a fair bit. good move for them and him if it happened.
  • What's the score with Al Fayed?

He sold Harrods recently so presumably has money, if he wants to use it, but Fulham fans I've spoken to tell me that he wants out and is not throwing money at it anymore which makes Hodgson's achievements all the more commendable.

I just wonder whether Fulham have peaked which would not help Curbs' reputation if he took the job. On the other hand if he took it and sustained or improved things he should enhance his reputation yet excellent work at both Charlton and West Ham has not had the kudos it deserves so perhaps not.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]What's the score with Al Fayed?

He sold Harrods recently so presumably has money, if he wants to use it, but Fulham fans I've spoken to tell me that he wants out and is not throwing money at it anymore which makes Hodgson's achievements all the more commendable.

I just wonder whether Fulham have peaked which would not help Curbs' reputation if he took the job. On the other hand if he took it and sustained or improved things he should enhance his reputation yet excellent work at both Charlton and West Ham has not had the kudos it deserves so perhaps not.[/quote]

If Curbs sticks to only considering prem clubs than Fulham is one of the last left to him, so he really needs to get on top of that application.

Bet Mrs Murphy will be impresssed if he got it.