Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holland v Slovakia

Didn't take Robben long to get into this world cup. First start and scores after 18 minutes.

Great long pass from Sneijder, great run and finish from Robben. So simple, but so effective. Absolutely none of this was on display in any of our 4 matches.

Comments

• Options
    Because we haven't got Wesley Sneijder!
  • Options
    Or Robben ;-)
  • Options
    bloody penalty - lumped on 2-0. Grrrrr
  • Options
    And everyone is moaning over here, because we're not playing "exciting" football....
    Normally we play 2 brilliant matches and we're kicked out of the tournament in the first knock-out match.
    Now we get results with no to brilliant football and evryone is dissapointed. Funny people those Dutch!
    Friday it's Brazil, lokking forward to see were we stand.
  • Options
    Hup Holland HUP!

I am firmly behind the dutch now with relations being my link.
  • Options
    I think Brazil will be too strong for the Dutch. At times yesterday Slovakia cut through them, Vittek could easily have had a couple before his penalty.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]I think Brazil will be too strong for the Dutch. At times yesterday Slovakia cut through them, Vittek could easily have had a couple before his penalty.

Yep, the defence is the weak spot and hasn't been really tested so far.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dutch Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]I think Brazil will be too strong for the Dutch. At times yesterday Slovakia cut through them, Vittek could easily have had a couple before his penalty.

Yep, the defence is the weak spot and hasn't been really tested so far.

I'm guessing kids in Holland don't like defending. They seem to produce a wealth of attacking talent over the years but hardly any good defenders of note. I can only think of Koeman and de Boer.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Jaap Stam, Michael Reiziger,Giovanni van Bronckhorst
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Jaap Stam, Michael Reiziger,Giovanni van Bronckhorst

Not many though is it when you compare that to the likes of Gullit, van Basten, Rijkaard, Cruyff, Haan, Sneijder, Seedorf, Neeskens, Cocu, Van Nistelrooy, Van der vaart, Robben, Van persie, Bergkamp, Kluivert.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As long as you score one goal more than you receive, who needs defenders?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Jaap Stam, Michael Reiziger,Giovanni van Bronckhorst

Not many though is it when you compare that to the likes of Gullit, van Basten, Rijkaard, Cruyff, Haan, Sneijder, Seedorf, Neeskens, Cocu, Van Nistelrooy, Van der vaart, Robben, Van persie, Bergkamp, Kluivert.

true but then surely it goes for all nationalities bar Italy! I think when you a kid, nobody likes defending.