Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Play For Pride Not For Cash

edited June 2010 in General Charlton
Sorry if its been covered already but i think its time to scrap payments fo representing England. You play out of pride and for nothing else, easy way to root out the overhyped tosspots

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Choice[/cite]Sorry if its been covered already but i think its time to scrap payments fo representing England. You play out of pride and for nothing else, easy way to root out the overhyped tosspots

Do other countries not pay their international players?
  • Options
    I read that the players give most of their England payments to charity anyway ?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I think they payment for playing for England is donated to a charity isn't it?

EDIT: http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKL0832743320070609
  • Options
    maybe they should have kept the money and they would have done better ..............
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]maybe they should have kept the money and they would have done better ..............

Agree.

More money for the players is the way forward.

Works in the world of Banking
  • Options
    Do bankers get paid £150,000 per week by any chance?
  • Options
    Wouldn't be shocked if the top 23 bankers in the country do, davy...
  • Options
    Only if they work in the reprographics dept and have failed their annual appraisal.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: davy[/cite]Do bankers get paid £150,000 per week by any chance?

And the rest.

From the Telegraph March 2010

"Stuart Gulliver, who runs HSBC's global banking and markets business, received £9.3m, making him the bank's best paid employee, followed by head of global markets Samir Asaf, who took home a bonus worth more than £9m."
  • Options
    Can he play left midfield?