Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Messi Man Love

Is it just me or is the consistent reference to Lionel Messi as a little magician or every shot wonderful really starting to piss me off.

Now, the guy is obviuosly a phenomenal talent but i dont need to listen to Mick McCarthy knocking one out over him cos he has fired a shot, which lets be honest he should have done better with, against the post. For 80 minutes he was marked out of the game by an average Greek centre half. He was pretty quiet against Nigeria too.

Think the media need to get a grip until he performs at the later stages. Im not knocking Messi, just the excessive man love for him.

Comments

• Options
    See Tyldesley with Thierry Henry or Cristiano Ronaldo

Commentators love a bit of a jazz-fest over players
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Could be worse, we could have Andy Gray talking about "Stevie G".

Nobody but Match! magazine refers to the England players in that way, he needs to stop it, he sounds like an overexcited child with a World Cup sticker album.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    F**k off you miserable bunch of c***s. Messi is an absolute genius. No amount of sycophancy, fawning or general tossing-off-overedness does him justice. You're just pissed off cos he's an Argie. Grow up and appreciate him for what he is - a phenomenal, sublime talent.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Is it just me or is the consistent reference to Lionel Messi as a little magician or every shot wonderful really starting to piss me off.

Now, the guy is obviuosly a phenomenal talent but i dont need to listen to Mick McCarthy knocking one out over him cos he has fired a shot, which lets be honest he should have done better with, against the post. For 80 minutes he was marked out of the game by an average Greek centre half. He was pretty quiet against Nigeria too.

Think the media need to get a grip until he performs at the later stages. Im not knocking Messi, just the excessive man love for him.

He was tightly marked but by no means "marked out of the game" IMHO - especially as the Argies would have won 5-0 but for the Greek keeper's heroics.

Look at the way Messi reacted to being man-marked, he did not come deeper and deeper looking for the ball. Instead he started taking his marker behind the Greek back four when the Argies were in possession, forcing the marker to decide whether to track his run or to play for the offside.

It was brilliant thinking from Messi because he knew that the Greeks wanted him to drop deep because it would allow them to hold a deep defensive line quite easily, by turning the tables and making them track his runs right on the 18-yard line he created an extra problem for them.

The bloke is so far in front of anyone else - particularly Ronaldo - that it is amazing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]F**k off you miserable bunch of c***s. Messi is an absolute genius. No amount of sycophancy, fawning or general tossing-off-overedness does him justice. You're just pissed off cos he's an Argie. Grow up and appreciate him for what he is - a phenomenal, sublime talent.

He's pony. Fact.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]F**k off you miserable bunch of c***s. Messi is an absolute genius. No amount of sycophancy, fawning or general tossing-off-overedness does him justice. You're just pissed off cos he's an Argie. Grow up and appreciate him for what he is - a phenomenal, sublime talent.

He's pony. Fact.
    LOL - good'un
  • Options
    Lazy. Doesn't track back. No end product. I'd prefer Kish.
  • Options

Slip him into a Real Madrid shirt, and you would sat exactly the same, eh mate... ;-)
  • Options
    I have always rated Messi from the first time I see him play, but I can sort of see a point.

IMO in the first two games Teves has been the creator and again IMO the best player of the world cup so far but he has gone under the radar because the commentators/pundits/experts are only watching and mentioning Messi.

Messi's worst game is on par with most world players best game. He seldom does anything wrong but I dont think he is playing anywhere near his ability in this World Cup, thats what gets on my nerves is how shallow the pundits and commentators are just by jumping on the bandwagon.

I think they missed Tevez last night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Wipe the semen away.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]I have always rated Messi from the first time I see him play, but I can sort of see a point.

IMO in the first two games Teves has been the creator and again IMO the best player of the world cup so far but he has gone under the radar because the commentators/pundits/experts are only watching and mentioning Messi.

Messi's worst game is on par with most world players best game. He seldom does anything wrong but I dont think he is playing anywhere near his ability in this World Cup, thats what gets on my nerves is how shallow the pundits and commentators are just by jumping on the bandwagon.

I think they missed Tevez last night.

That was the point i was trying to make. Not digging out Messi, but it is possible for him not to have a good game. Just because his ten yard pass finds its intended target doesnt make it ''out of this world''.

He is the best player in the world, granted, but the consistent arse licking over every minute detail is wearing thin.
  • Options
    Apart from the game of course which was not up to snuff, I must agree that the BBC wankfest over Argenfookintina last night was sickening. Miserable c**t or not, I say this should NOT happen. What must our own Messi, Emile think, listening to the retired Spanner Mick "what riot where" McCarthy and the other herbert commentator losing their mess over that shower of surrender monkies?
  • Options
    Tottally agree.

He is an exceptional talent, the best player in the world in fact, and at times he is jaw dropping...

But when he has a shot that goes a mile wide and they still praise the technique of the shot.. Few people need to get there toungues out his stink nugget.
  • Options
    I thought thye were more sycophantic over Maradonna than Messi, at least Messi was on the field
  • Options
    Messi is a genius and he is still only 22, wait till he reaches his peak at the next world cup.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Is it just me or is the consistent reference to Lionel Messi as a little magician or every shot wonderful really starting to piss me off.

He was tightly marked but by no means "marked out of the game" IMHO - especially as the Argies would have won 5-0 but for the Greek keeper's heroics.

Look at the way Messi reacted to being man-marked, he did not come deeper and deeper looking for the ball. Instead he started taking his marker behind the Greek back four when the Argies were in possession, forcing the marker to decide whether to track his run or to play for the offside.

It was brilliant thinking from Messi because he knew that the Greeks wanted him to drop deep because it would allow them to hold a deep defensive line quite easily, by turning the tables and making them track his runs right on the 18-yard line he created an extra problem for them.

The bloke is so far in front of anyone else - particularly Ronaldo - that it is amazing.

This.
    As for marked out of the game, yes he was quiet by his Barca standards but still far more effective than any of our players have been. Not forgetting the fact he set up both of their goals.
  • Options

Agreed, they've been raving over Messi & he has done nothing that great so far - well OTT.

Maradonna also- where's all this love for him come from ? I fookin hate the low life idiot.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]Maradonna also- where's all this love for him come from ? I fookin hate the low life idiot.

exactly- one minute he's a washed up wibble smack head and then just cos he pulls a face or two to the camera and jumps about on the touchline he's become a lovable character ....
    bollacks i say, the fellas a back & front
  • Options
    i've got alot of man love for messi tbh, he's amazing

understand what your saying though does get annoying listen to people going on about him, but credit given where due ;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Messi will become the best player the world has ever seen , the guy is simply fantastic! Not just an amazing individual talent but a team player too.