Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Spain V Honduras

Cracking goal from Villa.

Comments

• Options
    Two bad misses from Torres. 30 mins gone no bookings as of yet.
  • Options
    Don't think any of our 'world class' players would get into that Spanish side.
  • Options
    Spain should be about 4 up. Honduras are a terrible side though, Torres looks well short of sharpness in front of goal hence his missed chances.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SantaClaus[/cite]Don't think any of our 'world class' players would get into that Spanish side.

I think Cole would make it at left back, Capdevila isn't great.
    Terry, Gerrard and Rooney would only be subs.
  • Options
    I hope that Rooney in particular is watching. Now that's how to respond to a poor performance and critism.

Still only 1-0 though so you never know...
  • Options
    Ashley Cole would get into the Spanish team
    Rooney would push the front 3 close, certainly Navas who is playing tonight.
    A fully 100% fit Rio Ferdinand and Ledley King would also push the Spanish centre halfs close.

A fully 100% fit Owen Hargreaves would also be there in the holding midfield role imho.

However aside from 3 English players with injury records like Cory Gibbs, only our left back and maybe one striker would get into the Spain side- Pittiful!
  • Options
    Second from Villa.
  • Options
    Villa with a pen, he put it wide.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Villa with a pen, he put it wide.

You'd have staked your house on him scoring that but there you are!
  • Options
    Anther Villa miss. I can't believe this is still only 2-0. Even we'd be able to beat this lot ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    there were times tonight that the Spainish were just walking about. Could have had 8. They still have to get a result against Chile and get through. Still feel they are the team ifthey can keep in right frame of mind.
  • Options
    Switzerland will beat Honduras- 6 points
    Chile have 6 points
    Spain need to beat Chile to get to 6 points. Chile have impressed whilst Spain have shown they need to be more clinical.

I personally think Spain may face a tough fight to get through and even if they do, there is a high chance they will face Brazil.
  • Options
    If Spain beat Chile, Spain will definitely finish ahead of Chile and so will qualify.

If Switzerland beat Honduras by two goals, they'll qualify no matter what.

If Switzerland and Spain both win 1-0, then Spain and Chile qualify. Any other situation in which Spain and Switzerland both win by one goal can be summed up like this: Spain qualify along with whoever scores the most between the other two.

Of course, if Chile beat or draw with Spain, Spain need Honduras to do the same or better to Switzerland, without doing enough to finish ahead of both Spain and the Swiss.

Tight, tight group. Sparks will fly at both matches.* In RedZed's prediction thing, I think I have Spain and Switzerland qualifying.

* cue a pair of 0-0 draws with zero shots on target and no yellow or red cards.
  • Options
    Heard that Torres is to complain to FIFA about what happened when he went to the Honduran changing room to swap shirts after the game...apparently they made him feel Welcome.
  • Options
    Spains quality is summed up by the fact that Fabregas doesn't even start for them. Last night they had the likes of him, Iniesta and David Silva on the bench. We have Carrick, SWP and Milner.