Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Slovenia - Work

edited June 2010 in General Charlton
Has anyone been given time off to watch the game or allowed to watch tv at work?

I was hoping for an announcement but will probably have to book half day now.

Comments

• Options
    booked half day.
  • Options
    Been given the afternoon off although I doubt I'll get out so will just have it on the TV here like I've had for all of the other games.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: GRAY9[/cite]Has anyone been given time off to watch the game or allowed to watch tv at work?

I was hoping for an announcement but will probably have to book half day now.

Not a chance of either. Was hoping that qualification from the group would've been sewn up by then and was prepared to miss it but have now had to book a half a day off :-(
  • Options
    2 days booked off
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]2 days booked off
    Shithouse. Optimistic or pessimistic? :o)
  • Options
    Lazy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Lazy.
    Werd
  • Options
    bunking off school
  • Options
    Full time student, managed to watch every other game of the world cup so far, can't see this one being any different ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]Full time student, managed to watch every other game of the world cup so far, can't see this one being any different ;-)

Those were the days....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Work thru lunch and watch on big screen in meeting room

or maybe a "doctors" appointment beckons.....
  • Options
    Not missing this one,heading to Anchor i think as will be quiet down there
  • Options
    Yes, allowed to go to the pub but I'm not that bothered about it at the moment.
    No doubt I'll end up watching it somewhere in the West End.
  • Options
    Nope I'm working but will pop down to the security guards room to watch every now and again
  • Options
    I will just tell my boss I am watching it.. simple as, if he does not like it, hard luck, somethings in life like football are more important than a job, and financial reward, and this team needs all the bloody support and shouting/abuse at the screen I can muster!

Such is the shit hand of fate that life deals out to us ........'self employed'..... Oh well! at least the 'entertaining foreign guests is tax deductable'
  • Options
    Day off booked
  • Options
    Whilst I hope the team turn it around and fill us with renewed hope, I'll be at work and to be honest I could hardly care less that I'll miss it.
  • Options
    Will have it on the tv in the office but hopefully, if the days settlements go well, can pop down the tavern for the second half.
  • Options
    showing it in our office for anyone who wants to watch it, I've got a client who have hired the Raj in the City from 1pm
  • Options
    Im not watching the game tomorrow as have something else on but our boss sent an e mail round saying all were welcome to join him in the pub and he is buying the beers, nice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Were going to be showing it in the school hall on the massive projector screen, the kids have been making vuvuzalal's all week and england hats and badges, the head has called a meeting for all teaching staff 3.30pm till 5.30pm... that went down well with the teachers ;-)
  • Options
    start @ 7 finish at 2.30pm. Gives me half hour to get home and run to the boozer
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Im not watching the game tomorrow as have something else on but our boss sent an e mail round saying all were welcome to join him in the pub and he is buying the beers, nice.

something like this is pretty cheap to do and goes an awful long way with staff morale I believe, I can't believe some companies attitude to it. It's basically 2 hours out the working day when even if people are at their desks they'll be permanently on the internet checking the score and do no work.....then will have the hump with the firm.
  • Options
    be on in the background in the office.

Leave at 4 to go home prob will do the same tomorrow

Last 2 games have taken my enthusiasm away TBH
  • Options
    I'm taking the staff to a "meeting" with our PR agency at 2pm. Conveniently, the meeting is going to take place in a bar we've booked a table for 10 of us at 2pm and we should finish the catch up meeting around 2.45 ....

I'm SUCH a nice boss!
  • Options
    Working from home - will work my 'commute' time so have 2hrs free in the afternoon
  • Options
    Been given the green light to finish at 3 but we have to watch it at work. We have a few Sweaties and Aussies working here so if we don't qualify it will be awful.
  • Options
    They've put a big screen up in the staff restaurant. Only thing is, I'll have to watch it with people who don't have a f**king clue about football but have picked a few soundbites up from the tv!
  • Options
    I'm going out to watch and at this moment in time i couldnt give a monkeys what the boss says
  • Options
    Off all day.Starting early.Doctors orders.