Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kaka sending off = Joke... Unless you are watching sky plus like exiled then please ignore this...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Come on that was no deliberate elbow, just a gentle nudge to keep the player away from him, it's a man's game and all that.

The over-reaction was OTT, the "fouled" player certainly wasn't hit in the face as he pretended, the referee didn't have a clear sight of what happened and neither did his assistant, therefore he shouldn't have booked him. But even if he did surely it should have been a straight red for use of the elbow?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]He digs his elbow into him. It's a yellow card, but the referee cannot see it. Surely this is the biger problem? How can he send him off if all the officials missed it?

The referee clearly doesn't believe Kaita's hurt, because if he did, it would've been a straight red for a fist/elbow to the face. Maybe one of the linesmen or the 4th official told him. I don't know.

Dazzler, I am not mental, thanks. Kaka's arm is clealy bent and clearly goes backwards, which means he digs his elbow in. Not the worst challenge in the world, but the laws state that's a yellow card offence. He already had a yellow, so it's a correct decision, in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]He digs his elbow into him. It's a yellow card, but the referee cannot see it. Surely this is the biger problem? How can he send him off if all the officials missed it?

The referee clearly doesn't believe Kaita's hurt, because if he did, it would've been a straight red for a fist/elbow to the face. Maybe one of the linesmen or the 4th official told him. I don't know.

Dazzler, I am not mental, thanks. Kaka's arm is clealy bent and clearly goes backwards, which means he digs his elbow in. Not the worst challenge in the world, but the laws state that's a yellow card offence. He already had a yellow, so it's a correct decision, in my opinion.

It's a mans game, have you never played it, that sort of thing goes on continuously through the game he did it to protect himself from someone running into him not to injure another player but just to prevent himself from being injured...if you think that was a foul in anyway shape or form then you've 'never' played contact sport is all I can say.
    In fact on your way to work tomorrow someone on the tube or the train may accidently walk into you(it does happen on occasions)...what are you supposed to do let them barge into you, next time that happens to you just take a note of what you will do by way of a reflex action...answer 'exactly' that or at least something 'very' similar, because quite simply our brains are programmed to do it.
  • Options
    i thought it was deserving of a yellow card? he looked like he elbowed him in the chest on purpose in my eyes..
  • Options
    SoundAs, very harsh, yes, but the referee's decision was within the rules of the game. Would I have given the yellow? No. Is it a correct decision? Yes.

People want the referees to apply discretion for cases like this, but when they do, some people invariably complain. At what point should the referee ignore the rules?
  • Options
    I'm utterly flabbergasted at those of you who think it was 'an elbow'

I honestly can't even bring myself to try and convince you otherwise

Just ... Wow.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]SoundAs, very harsh, yes, but the referee's decision was within the rules of the game. Would I have given the yellow? No. Is it a correct decision? Yes.

People want the referees to apply discretion for cases like this, but when they do, some people invariably complain. At what point should the referee ignore the rules?

Correct Answer.

You raise your hand to an opponent and you are off, simple as that. It doesn't matter if he hit him like Boy George or Mike Tyson, the contact is all that really counts.

Same as Kewell's handball, the Aussies are bitching about that but if that had happened at the other end and the referee gave no penalty they would go absolutely apeshit.

We see what we want to see sometimes, don't we?
  • Options
    I don't think it was an elbow, if Kaka wanted to hurt him, all needed to do was to drop his shoulder. The IC player will get a ban. Much the same as the Brazil player did many moons ago.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]I don't think it was an elbow, if Kaka wanted to hurt him, all needed to do was to drop his shoulder. The IC player will get a ban. Much the same as the Brazil player did many moons ago.

firstly i think it was a ridiculous sending off

however i disagree the IC player will get banned, Kakas Elbow hits him in the chest and his shoulder catches his face on the side that he is clutching, How the heck Fifa will sort out the bones on if it hurt or it didnt to issue him a card, i never saw him say that Kaka deliberately elbowed him so he could just say my face hurt

rubbish i know because for the whole world to see that you can go over like that from minimal contact can not do you any good as a man
  • Options
    The Italians were all going down yesterday holding their faces, when they scored their pen a italian head butted the scored whilst celebrating, surpirse the scorer never went down holding his face.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never a yellow card offence in a million years especially when the referee wasn't even looking.

As mentioned though Ivory Coast tucked themselves up by doing that.

What made me laugh was Johnathan Pearce saying FIFA can increase the ban to 2,3 or 4 games - what is he on?!
  • Options
    If that's a yellow card you would have to book everyone every time there's a corner. As someone said earlier it was an instinctive reaction because Keita was running in to him.
  • Options
    but everytime i watch it again on the previous page it doesn't look like a block to me! honestly looks like he's trying to dig his elbow in to me :|
    i would've thought the instinctive reaction would be to try and push away with your hand as well? not your elbow..
  • Options
    Why was Kaka getting involved anyway? 3-1 up and they're through, why bother?

Dunga was to blame really, there were some tackles flying in and he was carrying on like a dickhead on the sidelines and getting his players all wound up and that's when Kaka started getting involved.

They should have just seen the game out.
  • Options
    I took it to be Kaka trying to pull a 'oops, accidentally elbowed you, didnt see you there, sorry about that' (though in Brazilian and not so many words.) By the letter of the law a yellow was justified but by the letter of common sense surely a talking to would have done the trick?
  • Options
    Watch this again those of you that think it was a deliberate elbow. You'll clearly see Kaitas cheek hit Kakas shoulder, then, down he goes.

To be fair, if I saw someone running at me in my peripheral vision then I'd instinctively raise my arm(s) to protect myself.

I don't agree with any 'simulation' in the game and this was no where near as bad as some that we've seen in the past, but if you're telling me that if you bump your head like that you'd roll around on the floor clutching your face?...

Didn't think so...
  • Options
    Just watched the clip on the previous page about 10 times trying to see some evidence of the deliberate use of an elbow/arm by Kaka. I still can't see it. The clip shows the Ivory Coast player running towards Kaka but both Kaka and the other player were looking at the ball. Then the Ivory Coast player seems to accidently bump into Kaka and hit his face on Kaka's shoulder.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LawrieAbrahams[/cite]If that's a yellow card you would have to book everyone every time there's a corner. As someone said earlier it was an instinctive reaction because Keita was running in to him.
    Ditto...
  • Options
    Good god. That was one of the poorest refereeing decisions I've seen in years yet there's more than one poster defending it and even suggesting that Kaka has done something wrong or something that anybody who has ever played the game at any level wouldn't do. I know I've done similar and have had it done to me countless times.

Christ almighty, if you even remotely think that it might even have been close to a foul don't ever try to get into the Harrod's sale.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]Good god. That was one of the poorest refereeing decisions I've seen in years yet there's more than one poster defending it and even suggesting that Kaka has done something wrong or something that anybody who has ever played the game at any level wouldn't do. I know I've done similar and have had it done to me countless times.

Christ almighty, if you even remotely think that it might even have been close to a foul don't ever try to get into the Harrod's sale.

Exactly Bournemouth...exactly.