Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the Shard

The central lift shaft is almost as high as guys hospital already and the frame for the first 12 floors is in place, they are not messing about with building this. It will be 72 stories high when complete. But what are they going to do with Guys, is it getting a facelift as it was hideous before, but with a brand spanking new building next to it will look even worse.

Comments

• Options
    i think you got the wrong website fella you need www./whogivesaflyingtoss.com
  • Options
    Guys is down for development out to tender in few months and yes that building along with 1 London Bridge and Minster Court should have been knocked down years ago three of the worse developments in the City
  • Options
    I am waiting to get onto the shard. Nice long bit of work there
  • Options
    not many large live ones in the City at mo few wrapped up in last year but fingers crossed for some big ones in the city as long as not another dip in market and no PFI work for many a year as govt pull thier belt in
  • Options
    Who's the main contractor on the shard?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: optimus prime[/cite]i think you got the wrong website fella you need www./whogivesaflyingtoss.com

Think you are past your prime mate.
    Bye bye
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: c/a/f/c[/cite]Who's the main contractor on the shard?[/quote]

Main contractor is MACE
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]The central lift shaft is almost as high as guys hospital already and the frame for the first 12 floors is in place, they are not messing about with building this. It will be 72 stories high when complete. But what are they going to do with Guys, is it getting a facelift as it was hideous before, but with a brand spanking new building next to it will look even worse.

What has happened to you Don?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: optimus prime[/cite]i think you got the wrong website fella you need www./whogivesaflyingtoss.com

Or how about www.optimusprimeisaprizetosser.com
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Tom Hovi[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: c/a/f/c[/cite]Who's the main contractor on the shard?[/quote]

Main contractor is MACE[/quote]

Cheers, you in that industry then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This could be an interesting site......

Select were weight testing a crane a couple of weekends ago, a test weight fell off and through 3 floors!

With Mace in charge this job will be a paperwork nightmare.
  • Options
    Anyone know who the electrical side has been subbed out to? Thought I saw a couple baileys blokes there last week
  • Options
    depends whos mace fave subs as they will use same old same old for most works and MACE no worse than all the MCGs when it come to cover arse time with paper
    Good to see a few sites in town starting with enabling works for we hope few starts
  • Options
    Ah my other love......For info check out this site.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29

Because some people DO GIVE A FUCK !
  • Options
    hey soapy try out www.28dayslater.co.uk and check out High Stuff some of the pics are stunning we been done a few times by them guys but we all have thier pics as screensaves even though we had to beef up the security
  • Options
    When 28dl did my site they had the cheek to call it untidy! Cracking pics though
  • Options
    I work for Hotchkiss ductwork. Anyone know the job over at Moorgate called Ropemaker Place?
  • Options
    Dont know ropemaker place but had hotchkiss on a recent one I was on at DS3 Canary Wharf. Good laugh as I seem to remeber, dont remember the fellas names now, yes I do, Steve. Loads of tattoos and possibly the tallest fella ive ever worked with. I am a shortarse mind.
  • Options
    ha ha... Not sure who that is. We are at Canary Wharf at the moment too, got quite a few floors on that but DS7.

Who you work for?
  • Options
    Anyone that pays at the mo.

DS3 I was safety manager on there. A thankless task and a sh!t job. Im working for Scheldebouw at the mo who are moving onto the shard to do the cladding.

They found a lift in DS7 that they didnt even know was there when they were doing the surveys for the refurb work your doing now. haha. organised are CW.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: optimus prime[/cite]i think you got the wrong website fella you need www.whogivesaflyingtoss.com
    most people flying would give a toss as they could crash into it!
  • Options
    haha quality! Just had a great job called Two Kingdom Street in Paddington? Know that? Also got the media centre.
  • Options
    MACE wont be the Princepal Contractor they will be Project Managers etc.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: c/a/f/c[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Tom Hovi[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: c/a/f/c[/cite]Who's the main contractor on the shard?[/quote]

Main contractor is MACE[/quote]

Cheers, you in that industry then?[/quote]

I used to be. When I worked for Bovis in the late 80s, MACE were started by some of our erstwhile directors who had been running the Broadgate Project at Liverpool Street.
  • Options
    I did some work via Mace for a big banking group. Really badly organised bunch, I think they reckon that rebranding their corporate image will change the perception of them.....saying all this they do still get barrelloads of work. From my experience not always done the right way but enough said.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]I did some work via Mace for a big banking group. Really badly organised bunch, I think they reckon that rebranding their corporate image will change the perception of them.....saying all this they do still get barrelloads of work. From my experience not always done the right way but enough said.

We did some work for them for Santander, not great.
  • Options
    I heard work had stopped on the shard as there were big concerns about the foundations.
  • Options
    I can see men working away on it at the moment
  • Options
    Transport for London were due to take several floors at £39 per sq metre but have sold on their lease at a profit.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]I did some work via Mace for a big banking group. Really badly organised bunch, I think they reckon that rebranding their corporate image will change the perception of them.....saying all this they do still get barrelloads of work. From my experience not always done the right way but enough said.[/quote]

We did some work for them for Santander, not great.[/quote]

I had a contract worth 250k a year with them for some work......lost it to a brown envelope 4 weeks before the contract started.

Says it all.