Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Car Service

DA9DA9
edited June 2010 in Not Sports Related
Anyone know a decent reasonably priced car servicing garage in SE London or Kent?

Comments

• Dont think there is any such thing as a reasonably priced mechanic.
  • 02083119510 name is John used him for years always looked after us

Down in Abbey Wood village
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]02083119510 name is John used him for years always looked after us

Down in Abbey Wood village

Any idea what he charges for a full service?
  • Got a guy based in West Kingsdown if you're interested mate. Very good
  • Just paid £79 for interim service from Kwikfit
  • Claremonts on Watling Street, Dartford, near the hospital. Not the cheapest in the world but do a good job, reliable and trustworthy. Been run by the same blokes for years.
  • [cite]Posted By: Wilma[/cite]Claremonts on Watling Street, Dartford, near the hospital. Not the cheapest in the world but do a good job, reliable and trustworthy. Been run by the same blokes for years.

echo this, I used the claremonts in Welling - very reasonable and basically threw the MOT in as well. If you d a search there's a thread on this already somewhere.
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Wilma[/cite]Claremonts on Watling Street, Dartford, near the hospital. Not the cheapest in the world but do a good job, reliable and trustworthy. Been run by the same blokes for years.

echo this, I used the claremonts in Welling - very reasonable and basically threw the MOT in as well. If you d a search there's a thread on this already somewhere.

They look good, found them via blackcircles.com, full service for £138, had an MOT last week, £25 in Crayford, passed no problem, but want a full service as putting some miles in at the moment.
    Had some whispers as well with some numbers and recommendations, so thanks all.
  • I've been offered a steam clean and flush (£35 extra) for my CRV, by Honda when they service it next week, anyone know if they are they worth having, its done over 50k?
  • As far as I'm aware (and I'm no mechanic just have an above average interest in cars) steam clening the engine is for asthetic purposes only - looks good before you sell the car, pretty pointless otherwise.

Are they offereing to flush the engine (oil) or the coolant system? Both can be beneficial but if you've kept up to date with the servicing schedule I wouldn't have thought there'd be too much junk floating around to flush out after 50k miles, that pretty low mileage for a modern engine.
  • Sponsored links:

• hmm ok good advice, it was the oil I think.