Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Trainers

2»

Comments

• Options
    When I was a kid I used to think that different types of trainers could make you run faster. That's not actually true though is it...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i see trainers as a complete waste of cash nowadays.

Soon as i need a new pair it will be straight down Soccer World for a 70% off pair of Reeboks....

I think it's a "Yoof" thing...
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    not one person has mentioned adidas superstar

as anyone that knows me will tell yer I only wear adidas and generally won't sway from the superstar though at the moment I am kicking a pair of velcro fasten campus white with blue stripes

oh and rothko those nike are the pits
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    My next trainer purchase will probably be brown suede adidas gazelles.
  • Options
    All wrong about the Nike, design classic
  • Options
    and here you go about Air Max 95's
  • Options
    Poor choice that mate. Takes the whole smart/casual element of a pair of trainers away. FACT ;-)
  • Options
    See I'm not a fully signed up member to the whole casuals thing, so I'm allowed the go beyond three labels ;o)
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Didnt mean the casual scene, meant as in the principle of trainers generally being smart ;-)

As for 3 labels, far more trainer labels than that : Prada, Lacoste, Fred Perry, Henri Lloyd, Adidas, Classic nike trainers all make good stuff.
  • Options
    http://size-online.co.uk/

Cracking site for old school trainers. They have a shop in carnaby street as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: PalaceHater[/cite]Didnt mean the casual scene, meant as in the principle of trainers generally being smart ;-)

As for 3 labels, far more trainer labels than that : Prada, Lacoste, Fred Perry, Henri Lloyd, Adidas, Classic nike trainers all make good stuff.

Stop biting.

I'm not that fussed about them being smart, never had a problem getting into anywhere wearing 95's, they go with any pair of jeans.

I wear other types of trainers too, Stan Smiths, Green Flash etc etc, but Lacoste and Prada just leaves me feeling cold
  • Options
    Trainers = every thing that is wrong with our society. Buy some proper shoes. Loakes or Churches or some decent penny loafers, chelsea boots, DM, suede broges or desert boots even. soft feet = soft nation. We never won the war wearing plimsols with fancy logos.

Will admit to having green flash and gazelles IN THE 1970s when they were new.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]When I was a kid I used to think that different types of trainers could make you run faster. That's not actually true though is it...
    No, they can't. But the basketball ones can make you jump higher, but they have to have air in the sole, or a pump on the tongue. FACT.
  • Options
    Just thought i'd let you know that if we get relegated and Hull City stay up and you go to Hull City BEWARE the trainer culture is huge and they have 2 main gangs that go around looking to TAKE yours and it's a pretty serious business,beware of the Ultras also, they're mad for trainers in HULL!
  • Options
    (what a lovely old thread to revive lol)

I need some trainers with soles that are quite smooth so that turning is easy - so a smoothish pattern rather than a grid. I'm not a fan of gazelles but something like that with a smooth sole would be fab, any suggestions (yes I know its an obscure question but..)
  • Options
    i see trainers as a complete waste of cash nowadays.

Soon as i need a new pair it will be straight down Soccer World for a 70% off pair of Reeboks....
    My son just borrowed £240 off me to buy a pair of trainers for resale. He bought them off eBay and sold th within 20 minutes of them arriving for £1200 (could have held out for more).

I have no idea who wants to pay £1200 for a pair of Nike air Jordan 4s collaboration with off white but totally agree a waste of money. 
  • Options
    TS gets through trainers like there's no tomorrow ;)
  • Options
    they seem they seem to be like a car. Past history suggests as soon as you drive one off the forecourt you lose thousands….

however now a just off the forecourt car is more expensive because you don’t have to wait 10 months. 

With the trainers they are deliberately doing limited edition runs to stoke a market: I am told if you have any a pair of Air Force ones in grey, there will be a launch from a single store in Paris and that may be the lot. 

I feel very very old 
  • Options
    ive got a reasonably large collection of adidas trainers but i am slowly starting to sell some on. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i see trainers as a complete waste of cash nowadays.

My son just borrowed £240 off me to buy a pair of trainers for resale. He bought them off eBay and sold th within 20 minutes of them arriving for £1200 (could have held out for more).

I have no idea who wants to pay £1200 for a pair of Nike air Jordan 4s collaboration with off white but totally agree a waste of money. 
    Never understood the offwhite hype, even more so now that Virgil is dead !. It was yeezy before them, which are the most comfortable trainers I've ever worn. 
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i see trainers as a complete waste of cash nowadays.

Defo.  I used to buy a couple of pairs and then as soon as I wore a pair out, I buy my next pair.

I contrast that with my 16yo daughter who literally since 9 or 10 has always spent her pocket money on clothee and shoes.  She's got maybe 8-9 pairs of trainers now that she alternates with.

Now, if I'm WFH or wearing shorts, I tend to live and die in Crocs or flip flops.  OMG, my Crocs, I love them so much I've got 4 pairs now.  Black, Navy Blue, Bright Orange and Green.  The thought of going out for an entire day wearing trainers and not having airflow to my feet is the stuff of nightmares.
  • Options
    Just realises how far back this was posted lol
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Defo.  I used to buy a couple of pairs and then as soon as I wore a pair out, I buy my next pair.

I contrast that with my 16yo daughter who literally since 9 or 10 has always spent her pocket money on clothee and shoes.  She's got maybe 8-9 pairs of trainers now that she alternates with.

Now, if I'm WFH or wearing shorts, I tend to live and die in Crocs or flip flops.  OMG, my Crocs, I love them so much I've got 4 pairs now.  Black, Navy Blue, Bright Orange and Green.  The thought of going out for an entire day wearing trainers and not having airflow to my feet is the stuff of nightmares.
    The thought of having to wear crocs is the stuff of nightmares.
    Crocs are very marmite.  Love em or hate em.
    My 16yo shamed me when I got my first pair.  Then all the Love Island kids started wearing them and the amount of piss taking that happened when the 16yo turned up in a pair, haha classic.
  • Options
    Yeezy's are worse than crocs. Awful looking things.
  • Options
    Yeezy's are worse than crocs. Awful looking things.
    Ugg boots and sliders can join the list...
  • Options
    I'm going to try adidas Pace, seems like a gym shoe, we'll see :smiley: