Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Full Metal Jacket

Watching it now for what must be the twentieth time. Holy Dogshit, what a film

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2010
    That bit was awkward.
  • Options
    What - the rifle in the piehole? Quality scene
  • Options
    Yeah and Modine standing there thinking "OwwwwKay".

Love you long time.
  • Options
    It was shot at beckton gas works
  • Options
    Yep. Remember it well - I think a lot of the scenery was still there donkeys years afterwards. Used to be able to see when they were filming from Thamesmead
  • Options
    Gunnery Sergeant Hartman is a hero.
  • Options
    FMJ was filmed in Thamesmead?

Christ you learn somthing new everyday!!!!

Love that film
  • Options
    Tubby recruit turns around poor performance with hilarious consequences. War turns out to be horrible.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]FMJ was filmed in Thamesmead?

Love that film

No, in Becton. You could see it from Thamesmead. I was doing a course at North Thames College in Docklands around that time. It was a real waste land and public transport was terrible.

Clockwork Orange was filmed in Thamesmead
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]FMJ was filmed in Thamesmead?

Love that film[/quote]

No, in Becton. You could see it from Thamesmead. I was doing a course at North Thames College in Docklands around that time. It was a real waste land and public transport was terrible.

Clockwork Orange was filmed in Thamesmead[/quote]

Gotcha!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's Friday (admin day) and I've only just got up : - )
  • Options
    ''I bet you could suck a golf ball through a hosepipe....''

WHAT...A...FILM!
  • Options
    My old man remembers being on the Thames, on his tug with the hueys flying out with all manner of explosions going on in the old gas works.

Every time I see the film, I find it staggering to think that Kubrick cast Michael-Hall as joker first. Would love to see his discarded screen test/rushes, just can't imagine he'd have played the role well.