Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

We're All Equal On Here

But some are more equal than others.

Comments

• Meaty :-)
  • Is this one of Nolly's Dad's specials? ;-)
  • edited June 2010
    Are you sulking because your thread about stabbing children was sunk ?

What would cheer you up, a big man hug or an explaination /
  • AFKA. have you ever had a post sunk? You are left with a feeling of shame and embarrassment. so some thought should be given to this.
  • lol algarve
  • S/he (who shall remain unnamed) usually calls it right tho, I mean we are all going to agree about the stabbing thing so what really is the point putting it on here.

:)
  • It's time to stick it to the man!
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]AFKA. have you ever had a post sunk? You are left with a feeling of shame and embarrassment. so some thought should be given to this.

Yes, i have had posts sunk, but only very rarely because:

a. i probably do at least 95% of the sinking
    b. of the 2,600+ threads i have started, it is very rare you will see one that isn't football-based.

If it helps, i posted this on the most recently sunk thread )which this thread is based on) by way of explanation:

Firstly, as suggested in another thread, it is absolutely nothing to do with who starts threads.

Over the last four years, I personally have done everything i can to the best of my ability to keep this a primarily Charlton / football focussed forum. However due to the amount of non-football threads that get started on here, its clear i'm in the minority in wanting to achieve that. I don't read the vast majority of non-football related stuff nowadays, but i have to accept that that is what appears to be what people want.

What i personally don't like though is when it starts to become used primarily as a platform for people to rant about things people don't like, celebrities people don't like, political / religious arguments, or to highlight as discussion pieces the nasty, shocking, and horrible stories that occur in everyday life.

Those things can either be read on news sites, or debated elsewhere. In my opinion they unintentionally give a negative backdrop to the forum and overly help it move away from its core focus.

I'm finding it really hard work to maintain the forum of late to the standards and vibe it has had in the past. Whether that is down to new posters, familiarity as it isn't 'new' anymore, whether people are fed up of me droning on or trying to keep it on what i believe is an even keel, i really don't know. But i feel like i'm fighting a bit of a losing battle of late and problem getting a bit alienated from what the majority of the most frequent posters want the site to be, and its a little demoralising.

I'm sorry if the person who started this thread is aggrieved it has been sunk but i can assure you it is nothing personal. Ever since this thread started, stories about nasty things that happen in everyday life, such as Madeline mcCann, Baby P etc have always been sunk. It doesn't mean the debate can't continue (it hasn't been deleted), it just means it won't dominate the top of the forum.

Probably not what you class as an acceptable explaination, but hopefully you can see where i are coming from. I also appreciate there will be hudreds of examples of double standards in what i have posted, but i can assure you that is not down to individual bias but because i fit maintaining this forum somehow around a full time job.
  • the feelings of shame and inadequacy are hard to compare.
  • Sponsored links:

• As long as the bird on countdown thread is not sunk, we are happy.
  • its worse when you get a tumbleweed and no one responds, that can be awful lonely - I should know :(((
  • I must have had more threads sunk than anyone else on here i get over it (after a lil cry in the corner).
  • what stuff did you post that got sunk?

I totally agree re the obvious excuse for rants and horrible stuff that we come on here to escape from. Although I think it would be very quiet if we stuck to cafc, the informational threads from electricians to HD tellys, and jokes about my fence, etc are great and the Board wouldn't be the same without it. I think the vibe has suffered a bit cos we have had so many years of negativity supporting Charlton, its a tough job last few years.

Keep up the good work tho chaps

:)
  • I have rented the Church basement at St Luke's in Charlton Village every Thursday night for the next 3 months and hired a counsellor and an aromatherapist.

You are all welcome to attend meetings of the newly formed Sunk Humiliation Action Group upon production of a Charlton Life badge and a print out of a sunk thread.
  • i think in your stats section you should have a list of how many threads sunk/deleted/no one answered.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i think in your stats section you should have a list of how many threads sunk/deleted/no one answered.

I think that might encourage attention seekers to deliberately start new threads when one already exists on that topic just to move up the list.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]I must have had more threads sunk than anyone else on here i get over it (after a lil cry in the corner).

you deserve to be sunk to!!!! daily now isn't it? that used to be my role :P
  • i think that if it gets sunk then so be it i bet poor Dan could do without pals like you B i bet he thought atleast B would stick up for me ;-)

you know who your real pals are Smudge in times like this
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]i think that if it gets sunk then so be it i bet poor Dan could do without pals like you B i bet he thought atleast B would stick up for me ;-)

nla i think curb it is just on the wind up mate, Dan/Afka knows the majority on here appreciate his work just few newbies need to be told

those that get a thread sunk oh well dont take it personally, i dont and i've had a few but then again the ones i have set up alot of them deserve to be sunk:o)

Afka sorry mate foget about the primary football forum so sorry about the old davina mccall, i will try thinking bit more before starting threads in future(although that may ruin the fun of the process lol)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]i think that if it gets sunk then so be it i bet poor Dan could do without pals like you B i bet he thought atleast B would stick up for me ;-)

nla i think curb it is just on the wind up mate, Dan/Afka knows the majority on here appreciate his work just few newbies need to be told

quote]

thats why B got a ;-) winky thingy me jig mate
  • [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]I must have had more threads sunk than anyone else on here i get over it (after a lil cry in the corner).

you deserve to be sunk to!!!! daily now isn't it? that used to be my role :P

LOL well your more than welcome to take the top sinked topics award from me mate. Daily topics being sunk the cheek of it :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]i think that if it gets sunk then so be it i bet poor Dan could do without pals like you B i bet he thought atleast B would stick up for me ;-)

quote]

thats why B got a ;-) winky thingy me jig mate

oh right, sorry that went right over my head and i missed the wink thats probably why am i bad

.... on that note rupert be interested to know who has been sunk most? i dont think i have had more then 5 sunk although could be wrong

wheres stat bank for CL when you need it
  • i have had a big fat zero i think
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]i have had a big fat zero i think

ooooooooooooooooooo get youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, someone sleeping with the mods?
  • PMSL

nope i just dont talk bollox like you lot ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Are you sulking because your thread about stabbing children was sunk ?

What would cheer you up, a big man hug or an explaination /

That would be a very big hug, he's a very big man!

Pointless thread. Leave things like that for Stephen Nolan.
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]PMSL

nope i just dont talk bollox like you lot ;-)

LOL how many threads have you started? Because if you have only ever started one thread and then you say you have had a 100% recond in not getting your threads sunk i dont think that counts ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I have rented the Church basement at St Luke's in Charlton Village every Thursday night for the next 3 months and hired a counsellor and an aromatherapist.

You are all welcome to attend meetings of the newly formed Sunk Humiliation Action Group upon production of a Charlton Life badge and a print out of a sunk thread.

Ben, can I be the first to join SHAG; is there a subscription fee like Bromley Addicks?
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]AFKA. have you ever had a post sunk? You are left with a feeling of shame and embarrassment. so some thought should be given to this.

Over the last four years, I personally have done everything i can to the best of my ability to keep this a primarily Charlton / football focussed forum. However due to the amount of non-football threads that get started on here, its clear i'm in the minority in wanting to achieve that. I don't read the vast majority of non-football related stuff nowadays, but i have to accept that that is what appears to be what people want.

To be fair mate (during the season) most threads will be about football. But IMO if this site was solely about Charlton/football i wouldn't come on it as much as we'd just discuss the same things over and over. It's the diversity of topics that makes this site interesting for me.