Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Isle of Wight Festival

Anyone else on here going this weekend? Big line up and it all kicks off Thursday (for us campers) with Squeeze.

Comments

• Options
    Not going, but very surprised with the line-up this year, usually its a crap line-up. Enjoy!
  • Options
    I'm seeing Squeeze in SE7 in an hour. . .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]I'm seeing Squeeze in SE7 in an hour. . .

There playing a pub gig tonight?
  • Options
    Nope, but going reading and possibly wireless :)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: cafc-4-life[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]I'm seeing Squeeze in SE7 in an hour. . .

There playing a pub gig tonight?

The Anchor in Charlton, Anchor & Hope Lane, on the riverside.
  • Options
    Is it not crap this year then? Never will be as good as 2-3yrs ago with The Stones, Muse, Kasabian, etc.
  • Options
    Nick,
    Two days ago mate. Perhaps we can have a talk tonight? I'll make sure the 'nipper' keeps out of trouble for you!!

Cafcpolo, have a look at the list, lotsa good bands on. I'll be watching them and drinking when the crap ones are playing, that's why they put a sprinkling of pooh bands on.
  • Options
    We wanted to but settled for the V Festie instead because it’s on my doorstep, can have a shower easily and the line up rocks. Isle of Wight atmosphere is miles better.

The Hop Farm Festie is very tempting. Bob Dylan, Ray Davies, Mumford & Sons, Van Morrison. I've hidden my credit cards but i've absolutely no will power. Gone a lil bit mad on buying tickets recently since I've not renewed my season ticket and can arrange stuff for Saturday nights.

Hope you have a great time jiggling in a field and the weather is hot. Only place I've ever managed to get a tan on my leggies.
  • Options
    Cheers Red F, Gotta say that the line up you mentioned with Ray Davies sounds great. No way ya gonna keep ya credit card in ya pocket.....Gimme more details please.
  • Options
    Gutted I couldn't go to this due to me thinking I still had exams, I really need to see the Strokes at some point. Worst thing is I found out that my exams finish before it starts :(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We managed to see Ray Davies at the Isle of Wight Festie erm about 5 years or so ago. He had us all in the palm of his hand. It was a great experience, singing along with the sun shining and a lovely cold bevy in hand surrounded by happy, friendly half pickled nutters all up for a good time.

Here’s the linky doing a quick google search on Hop Farm Festival 2010. I lurk around the efestivals site and there’s a few links under ‘other uk festivals’.

http://www.hopfarmfestival.com/home.aspx

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/

other uk festivals

I'm getting very jealous now. Are you kind of bouncing off the walls with excitement? Got your wellies/booze/sunnies and wet wipes sorted?
  • Options
    Thanks for the links Red F. Can imagine that atmosphere with R.D, what better music could you have in the sunshine?

Got our gig schedule sorted, so much to see so little time. I know Macca will be special, seen him before, also know that the whole event is gonna be great...will be running around like a dizzy running around thing trying to get it all in. However, the ale might slow me a tadge. Will report back after the weekend.

Am hoping that they are gonna show the England game on the big screen. For some reason I'm still waiting for the World Cup bug to bite. Is it only me who feels that way?