Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peter Blake Graphics

discuss

Comments

• Options
    Good
    - local lad (born in Dartford)
    - cover of Sgt Pepper album
    - Ian Dury's teacher in the 1960's
    - illustrated an edition of Lewis Carroll's book Alice Through the Looking Glass
    - cover of Oasis Stop the Clocks

Bad
    - cover of Do They Know it's Christmas
    - his Music Art Gallery is based in Leeds
    - designed a shopping bag

Little-known fact
    - he was the inspiration for Blakey in On the Buses
  • Options
    Charlton fan as well.
  • Options
    Must say that I prefer William Blake. Even though he probably wasn't a Charlton fan.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Where I work there are Blake pieces on the wall and I think they are quite hit and miss, on the whole I give him a thumbs up.

I have stood next to him at a gig in the Three kings in Clerkenwell watching Robyn Hitchcock and John Paul Jones. He sweats more than most. At the gig he auctioned some art work for charity which would have sold for a lot more in a gallery.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]Must say that I prefer William Blake. Even though he probably wasn't a Charlton fan.[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_714835 noWrap=false][ul compact=false][div noWrap=false]william-blake1.jpg[/div][/ul][/div]

With you there mate, I love William Blake's art and poetry ... stunning.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Charlton fan as well.

Where did you find that out Henry?
  • Options
    We sell heaps of Blake's stuff at my work.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Charlton fan as well.

Where did you find that out Henry?

he's mentioned it himself. Said that went to the Valley as a kid with his mum.

Also I once interviewed another Charlton artist, Ray Richardson, who had met him and said that they were chatting away about Charlton.
  • Options
    Nice one! That's 1 more in the "decent well known person who supports Charlton column"
  • Options
    One point for each of the Footballers in the bottom left of the picture...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]One point for each of the Footballers in the bottom left of the picture...

The nerd in me though wishes to state that those footballers are from a 1935/6 Wills cigarette card collection and a certain Don Welsh was part of the series (I used to collect retro cigarette cards). He would have got jam on top for including Don. (Perhaps he didn't have that card) ;o)
  • Options
    Art makes me want to go

Burrrrr Brian bedonde
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]One point for each of the Footballers in the bottom left of the picture...

The nerd in me though wishes to state that those footballers are from a 1935/6 Wills cigarette card collection and a certain Don Welsh was part of the series (I used to collect retro cigarette cards). He would have got jam on top for including Don. (Perhaps he didn't have that card) ;o)
    Correctomundo....

In fact Don was one of the few players to make it into the 1939 series too...