Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Israel Israel Israel

2»

Comments

• Options
    it has its moments......just limited on where to go.
    Rugby club is supposedly no more after this year, Garveys has lost its alcohol licence. Leaves the irish bar at the sheraton and other hotels.
  • Options
    What QatarNapsy said. Went there twice in my yoof. The Israelies are a hard lot but they have to be. The palestinans would offer you cups of mint tea and give you the shirt off their back. DHLawrence said the Holy land was best left to the imagination and he was right regarding places like Galilee, Golgosha etc. But the old city of Jeusalem is awesome. Like everyone I just wish the arabs and jews could live in peace and harmony. Maybe they will, one day. Meanwhile, have they got a decent centre half?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]Tel Aviv is supposed to have fantastic nightlife

Yep.It's da bomb.
  • Options
    Same as QN, been to Tel Aviv a few times for business on my other passport before I moved to Kuwait.

Always had a great time there.
  • Options
    Not funny.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Do you REALLY want to give your passport to an Israeli official? Who knows what a copy of it might be used for.
    I have my own personal embargo on Israel. I will not give that criminal state nor any businesses that operate there any of my money. They keep saying they are only protecting themselves. But it's a fatuous argument. I seem to recall that when we were being bombed to buggery by the IRA we did not blockade the Republic nor launch retalitory strikes with overwhelming fire power.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcfan[/cite]Do you REALLY want to give your passport to an Israeli official? Who knows what a copy of it might be used for.
    I have my own personal embargo on Israel. I will not give that criminal state nor any businesses that operate there any of my money. They keep saying they are only protecting themselves. But it's a fatuous argument. I seem to recall that when we were being bombed to buggery by the IRA we did not blockade the Republic nor launch retalitory strikes with overwhelming fire power.

When were we being bombed to buggery by the IRA............leastways not on the mainland.
  • Options
    women and children first..
  • Options
    manchester is mainland, innit ?
  • Options
    we were hardly being bombed to buggery and EIRE was not state sponsoring the supply and arming of the bombers, so no need to blockade and check everything going there, unlike Hamas and their constant attacks on Israel. I can understand the blockade, though they handled this very badly, it was obviously set up for a confrontation, they should have just mined the harbours.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Steve, you've earned a point for the Eire argument. You've earned another point for the use of UNDERSTAND the blockade and not APPROVE the blockade.
    You could earn many more points if one day you write you also UNDERSTAND the other side's behaviour.
    I've no sympathy, to say the least, for either the Hamas or Israel. They're both based on religion. Enough said.
    Because we should try and avoid politics, religion and other uninteresting subjects from our forum, i'll conclude as follows :
    When we will long have stopped singing "It's Charlton till I die", them people will still be fighting, bombing, kamikazing or nuking over their rights to live
    in security.
    For a very simple reason : among other issues, both sides don't have the faintest idea on which territorial frontiers they can ever agree upon !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]we were hardly being bombed to buggery and EIRE was not state sponsoring the supply and arming of the bombers, so no need to blockade and check everything going there, unlike Hamas and their constant attacks on Israel. I can understand the blockade, though they handled this very badly, it was obviously set up for a confrontation, they should have just mined the harbours.

Not strictly true about about the ROI government aiding the IRA, the Provos frequently took shelter in border towns and the UK government were frequently aggravated because they felt that the Gardai were not doing all they could to stop them and arrest them.

However, even Thatcher realised that taking action against the ROI would be futile and cause more trouble than it would solve - its called showing restraint and acting in proportion to events.

Sadly for Israel its current government is following the Bush-Cheney philosophy and is consequently getting hammered in the PR battlefield as well as the political one.

For Israel to lose Turkey as an ally is a cataclysmic disaster from which they will not recover for many years.

The growing political influence of the tens of thousands of Russian Jews that moved to Israel has been crucial in moving Israel further to the right and helping to put Netanyahu and Lieberman into power.