Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

anyone from barnehurst?

ive been looking at a few propertys down this way recently and it looks like we may put an offer in. Does anyone on here come from round that way? would you recomend?

Comments

• I live in upper belverederederederededre or whatever its spelt, and we nearly bought in barnehurst, on one of the ABC roads (castleton to be precise) and its really a nice area, come recommended from me. Mrs mcs's bro lives on one of the abc roads, and its real nice dood.

I think 1905 is from barnehurst, but not sure.
  • Yeah it's a very nice area, although the closer you get to Erith it get's worse.

It's a nice place but doesn't compare to Bexleyheath.

It's a nice place but doesn't compare to Bexleyheath.[/quote]

I don't think anywhere does!
  • edited January 2007
    im born & bred barnehurst.. lived there all my life..
    where about are you looking?? what road?
  • I live in a road off the top of Castleton, technically Erith but the garden at the end of mine is Barnehurst and it's so much posher there. Ok area. Only problem bit is actually the main drag at North Heath which is kid infested.
  • north heath used to be a nice little village, but the yoot around there are a bunch of scumbags.
  • Lived in Barnehurst for 10 years now Bexleyheath.

Good place to live. Plenty of cheaper one or two bedroom stuff (ABC roads etc) with a mix of bigger houses down Grassmere and around the Golf Course. Where are you looking?

Alas Barnehurst has only one pub "Red Barn" Which is cliquey but actually ok.

Bit of yoof activity around the shops - mainly scumbags who walk down from North Heath

Where r you looking?
  • the road is called parkside avenue, anyone know it? it seems really quiet, but i suppose anything does to me living in plumstead all my life..lol
  • I heard there are plans for a wine bar in Barnehurst ....
  • [cite]Posted By: jayblock[/cite]the road is called parkside avenue, anyone know it? it seems really quiet, but i suppose anything does to me living in plumstead all my life..lol

yes i know PSAve.. nice little places down there.. the road gets quite busy tho as its used as a cut thrrough & also buses use it
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]I heard there are plans for a wine bar in Barnehurst ....

yeah there are plans for one i believe.. a mate of 1905 & myself is trying to do it
  • Parkside Avenue is a good road. i know 2 or 3 people who live down there and they I extremely happy. One side is very close to the railway but I understand with double glazing does not cause any problems. Close to the station, close to the red barn and parade of shops. Close to the golf couse if that is your thing. Very suburban but located within a fair amount of "greenary".
  • [quote] [cite]Posted By: carlingaddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: jayblock[/cite]the road is called parkside avenue, anyone know it? it seems really quiet, but i suppose anything does to me living in plumstead all my life..lol[/quote]

yes i know PSAve.. nice little places down there.. the road gets quite busy tho as its used as a cut thrrough & also buses use it [/quote]

ahh yeah i didnt think about that. quite a quick shortcut from the bottom road up to the top. I didnt know their were buses down there as well.. blimey... i think a steak out at 5 o clock may be in order, just to see how bad it is..
  • "the road gets quite busy tho as its used as a cut thrrough & also buses use it "

Agreed, but plenty of traffic calming so it isnt zooming up and down.........
  • is there golf down there??? i never knew there was a course around.. i sometimes go to the one down in thamesmead but mostly up to nuxley.. if i knew about this one, i would have checked it out.
  • "I heard there are plans for a wine bar in Barnehurst .... "

Yes a friend is trying to set this up. Still a bit of red tape to get through but has done well to get this far.

To be honest I wish him all the best but not sure what sort of market there is for a wine bar in Barnehurst.
  • I would check it out
  • very long busy road. have know about 10 different people live in that road over the years.
    mate just moved to a road just off wyatt road which is a little further down and quieter.
  • Yeah good luck to him mate

Will make a change from the Barn/Travs thats for sure
  • my mate opened up a wine bar thing in Dartford called Korky's. he had a strict door policy so all of the riff raff werent allowed in which was probably its downfall.

the bloke he went in with was a Charlton fan actually
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Bexleyheath_Red[/cite]Yeah it's a very nice area, although the closer you get to Erith it get's worse.

It's a nice place but doesn't compare to Bexleyheath.

Yep - I'd have to agree with that one BR !! ;-))
  • [cite]Posted By: jayblock[/cite]is there golf down there??? i never knew there was a course around.. i sometimes go to the one down in thamesmead but mostly up to nuxley.. if i knew about this one, i would have checked it out.

Barnehurst golf course is a few mins drive from Parkside.. Its off Mayplace road..
    9 hole course with a clubhouse/bar..
  • I've got a mate who lives down Parkside on the railway side, and you can barely hear the trains. Even in the summer with windows and doors open it's not bad. Traffic can get busy but the buses aren't that frequent. If you're buying anywhere near 195 then don't buy it though as the noise at his frequent parties will most certainly annoy you
  • lol cheers for the heads up mate.. :0)
  • Used to live in parkside a few years back.

Bruv also lived there railway side.....agree pretty quiet .

good 2 bed starter homes.

Recall the road being deserted during the day, all off up to London
  • barnehurst golf course is crap, its two overcrowded because its the same Nine twice. I used to be a member down there. On the upsaide, nice people.
  • Golf course is cheap though. 9 Holes during the week for about £8 if I recall. It's not the best in the world but if you fancy spanking some balls afterwork in the summer...Ideal.

http://www.bexley.gov.uk/service/barnehurstgolfcourse/index.html
  • [cite]Posted By: Hillsy's Up[/cite]Golf course is cheap though. 9 Holes during the week for about £8 if I recall. It's not the best in the world but if you fancy spanking some balls afterwork in the summer...Ideal.

And a darn sight better than that rubbish tip in Thamesmead golf course.
  • you need to learn how to quote solidgone. ;-)
  • It looks spot on to me?