Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v Japan (Bent Watch)...

13»

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I think too many people want Benty to fail and actually do their best to make sure he does. If Capello was serious in having a good look at him he'd have got the whole game as we all know what Heskey can do, not much. And when Benty does get a chance to show what he can do we don't play to his strengths. Playing him alongside Rooney isn't going to work as both want to drop deep to get the ball and Benty wants the ball to run on to or down the channels as he isn't a back to goal type striker. Now either Capello can't work that out or he has but is just paying lip service and giving Benty a go but ensuring he fails. Benty, imo, is best in a 4-5-1 or, when Rooney has been sent off, in a 4-4-1 and he's the only one in the squad who can play that role and has pace. Not taking him is inevitable now but a big, big mistake.
    rare as it is I agree with you on all points here Large.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I think too many people want Benty to fail and actually do their best to make sure he does. If Capello was serious in having a good look at him he'd have got the whole game as we all know what Heskey can do, not much. And when Benty does get a chance to show what he can do we don't play to his strengths. Playing him alongside Rooney isn't going to work as both want to drop deep to get the ball and Benty wants the ball to run on to or down the channels as he isn't a back to goal type striker. Now either Capello can't work that out or he has but is just paying lip service and giving Benty a go but ensuring he fails. Benty, imo, is best in a 4-5-1 or, when Rooney has been sent off, in a 4-4-1 and he's the only one in the squad who can play that role and has pace. Not taking him is inevitable now but a big, big mistake.

I thought you weren't interested in the national team. Go and find yourself a Parky thread to moan on :-)
  • No Bent according to Sky Sports news?
  • no Walcott according to a number of hacks on Twitter
  • Joe cole is on the plane
  • Geoff Hurst says if you're picking on form, Bent should go, but suspects he probably won't.
  • Unlucky Darren.
  • 1 ASSIST - obviously not a team player !!!!!